MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-31-2002, 11:49 AM   #1
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Thumbs up Huge Night of Racing!!

I had 5 races tonight:

1. (in the cobra) vs. BMW 850ci: Rolled up to a light, young guy asks me if I want to go. I said sure. Light changes, we both take off and we're neck and neck through 2nd then I start to pull like crazy and I shut it down at 110 ahead by 3 cars!! At the next light, the guy says, "Holy S*** man, your car is fast!! I never lose on the street!" I said thanks and good race.

2. (in the GT) vs. Porsche 911 (non turbo). I knew the guy wanted to go but he would not look over at me at all. When the light changed, he full on launched and put an instant car length on me. I cought up by 60mph and was past him at 80 and then he must have given up cause I put another 6-8 cars on in like a second, so he must have been on the brakes. At the next light, he wouldnt look over or anything...snob.

3. (GT) vs. My buddy's FAST 94 GT. He has a cam, full exhaust, FMS intake, roller rockers, gears, nitrous, etc etc. He has run a 13.5 on motor, and 12's on the nitrous. We decided to go from a stop, (I wanted to see how my control arms would do) and w/o him spraying. I launched like crazy while he spun and I took him by 2 cars up to 100!!

4. (GT) vs. My buddy's stock 2000 Z28. We both got a good launch, were neck and neck all the way to 70mph then someone pulled out in front of him, so we had to let off. I think he was pulling on me slightly, but when we stopped, his front bumper was at my door, so I'll take it!

5. (cobra) vs c5. This guy was going slow on the freeway, so I just sat on his tail till I guess he got annoyed. Finally he gets on it, and I drop only to 4th and keep up!! We both took the exit and the old guy looks at me like "what the hell?"

Five races, and all five I came out victorious...good night for me!! Also, I gave the guy with the hooked up GT a ride in the cobra, cause I always brag about how I can chirp every gear but fifth and he never believes me...We're cruising on the highway at 60; I drop to 3rd, chirp hard.......redline, bang fourth, CHIRP!! He was impressed...I gotta get the cobra to the track and see what it can do, it feels fast as hell. We just ordered a MAF for it, and I think we're gonna get an RPM extender next. I'm hoping for 13.3 or better. Thanks for reading.

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Cofounder of Raccoon Racing
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2002, 03:52 PM   #2
MidNiteBlu 5.0
I got something to say

Nice kills man! You have awesome cars

That GT sounds like a beast too.

Later,
Nick
1987 Toyota Pickup
Ricer Haters Club Member #33

Want a custom gauge cluster for your Vintage Mustang?
www.jmeenterprises.com
MidNiteBlu 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2002, 08:04 PM   #3
Shelby428cj
Registered Member

Now that is what I am talking about that was the perfact day!!!! Are you sure you don't want to trade that cobra for a nice pretty saleen??!!!???

See Ya,
Karen
1969 Mustang (Project Rice Eater)
1999 Silver Mustang Saleen S281 (SQ car for stereo contests)
SQ Goddess
My Stereo Bro "tireburner163"
Shelby428cj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2002, 09:48 PM   #4
Nitrous Al
Registered Member

Question

What do your cars run at the track?
Nitrous Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2002, 11:01 AM   #5
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Shelby428cj
Now that is what I am talking about that was the perfact day!!!! Are you sure you don't want to trade that cobra for a nice pretty saleen??!!!???

See Ya,
Karen
If you're suggesting you want to trade your saleen for my cobra, all I have to say is done...and done!! Just name the time

Nitrous Al, I havent taken the cobra to the track...I never even drive it hard except when racing someone on the street and that is rare. The GT went to the track when it had pulleys and ran a 14.4@98 w 2.3 60' (bad et, good trap) Im thinking it runs 13.7 as it sits now. The cobra is a little quicker...maybe 13.5-6.

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Old 09-01-2002, 11:55 AM   #6
Shelby428cj
Registered Member

LOL ummmmmmmmm well how fast is your cobra!!!
1969 Mustang (Project Rice Eater)
1999 Silver Mustang Saleen S281 (SQ car for stereo contests)
SQ Goddess
My Stereo Bro "tireburner163"
Shelby428cj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2002, 12:07 PM   #7
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

If your saleen is NA, it would give it a run for sure...but it's actually in really good shape. The last owner had it repainted (knew the claims adjuster ) after it got keyed...so the paint is flawless. I know it's worth a lot less though, Im sure you wouldnt want to take a loss like that, but it is a sweet car, turns lots of heads! See ya

Jason

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...