MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-03-2004, 10:30 AM   #1
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Default I finally shut the import guy up

I work with a guy at work that has a late 90's Prelude Si 5-speed. He's got cam gears, exhaust, a header, and a CAI. That's about it. He's ALWAYS talking shit about my cars, even my LX hatch.

Well last night he finally bit off more than he could chew. I was out in the notch and he made the mistake of calling me out in front of a bunch of people. He was all giddy because I was gonna give him the move and we were gonna run from a 35mph roll. I think he over estimated the power of his VTEC.

So we roll out onto highway, which was pretty much deserted at 11:00pm. I bring it up to 3500 rpm in 2nd gear and hold it there and wait for him to pace me. He's still in first and comes up beside me. He honks three times, then punches it. As agreed I give him the move then lay into it. 1.5 to 2 seconds later I've put 3 cars on him in second gear. I run it up to 4000 rpm or so in 4th and shut down with me about 5-6 cars ahead.

I slow down and he pulls up and wants to run again, he said he hit the limiter in 1st and wants to run from a 2nd gear roll. I stick it in 2nd and hold it at 3,000 rpm. I honk 3 times and give him the move. Same results, me 5-6 cars ahead.

Well I turn around and start heading back towards home and so does he. Apparently he wants just one more run. At this point I'm mildly annoyed. His friend was behind us in his S-10, so I decided it decided it's time to hurt his feelings. I yell for the Honda to leave when he's ready. He punches it and give him 3 cars out front. I rev it up to about 4500-5000 in 2nd and dump the clutch. I let it spin through 2nd and get sideways. I then proceed to charge past him again and put about 4-5 cars on him before I shut down. I gave him the hazards just to rub it in.

All in all this was a worthless race if you just look at the cars. But I made a little money and most importantly I shut him up!!!

-Josh, aka the tireburner

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 02:28 PM   #2
Ackbar00
Rebel Fleet Commander

I never get that lucky, or do I.....

I have a REALLY mouthy WRX driver, that thinks he can beat the turbo stang . Either from a dig or a roll. I told him I wanted a car length head start, and $200 down on the race, since he is so sure of himself He is waiting on parts from Japan I told him it was too late now, that I was waiting on a engine, he still says he can beat me. He is not going to like it when I have some C-16 and 18PSI of boost blowing by him

Nice Kill, Imports are almost as gay as Grand Ams.

11.25@123.5 on only 8 psi.
10.84@121 on only 1 headgasket

"The Truth is, Your the Weak, and I am the Tyranny of Evil Men!"

Ackbar00 is offline   Reply With Quote