MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-10-2002, 01:44 PM   #1
RedLilPony
It's been awhile, huh?

Angry Ya So My Day Sucked Yesterday

OK, BESIDES being slammed with school, having my car keyed, and trying to plan a wedding I had a heck of a lot of crap on my plate yesterday. I almost got my gun... (OK it's not THAT bad but it's pretty bad.)

I go out to Beauty and load up my art stuff to go to school. (As I walked past the key mark I crenged) I manually opened my driver's side door (because my F****** alarm is shot) and got in. I turned the key and the lil trooper fired up. I let her warm up a sec and then put it in reverse. When I was done backing up I applied the brakes. OK YA NO BRAKES. So I said: Shoot. No freakin brakes (Rated G version). SO I put her back into her spot and unloaded my stuff. I woke Anthony up and I took my car (VERY carefully) to the shop with him following in the Cobra. So we get the car there and the dude says: Ya we can fix her right up! WHEW! I was relieved. So Anthony and I went to run some errands (Ya Ya I skipped School) and while we were at lunch the dude calls and says: UGHHH There's a problem. Turns out my front brakes were F****** up and needed to be machined. Anyways, So We go to pick up Beauty and find the tech getting out of her with a bag of freakin wendy's and then find out that the bill is $470!!! Well.... I DON'T HAVE $470 Bucks!!! So I said FINE charge it! So Beauty's all fixed and paid for. I go to get in Beauty and Anthony goes to the Cobra. WELL the COBRA won't START. AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

So right now the Cobra is being fixed for an electrical problem and it needs a NEW TRANSMISSION.

SO now that you all know about my day I'm gonna go have a nice drink. Then I'm gonna have a second.

RedLilPony.com
RedLilPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2002, 01:54 PM   #2
Mustanguy

Cool

*LOL* sounds like my luck at times

Keep your head up,things do eventually settle down
Old 10-10-2002, 01:54 PM   #3
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Man that is a sucky day.

Oh and I would have ate the tech for lunch after seeing him get out with the Wendys bag.

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2002, 01:55 PM   #4
RedLilPony
It's been awhile, huh?

That's the same thing my daddy said and I replied: As soon as I find a bag full of money, I'll be allllll good.

RedLilPony.com
RedLilPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2002, 05:04 PM   #5
bigred90gt
2 Stangs in the Stable

That sounds like my luck. My truck was broken down for about 5-6 months with a broken shift fork (didn't know what the problem was for that long). The day after I fixed it, I drove my stang to work and it died on the side of the freeway on the way home. Sat in the driveway for about 3 months. A few hundred dollars in new parts ad alot of blood and frustration, and it turns out that it was the distributor. A $50 dollar fix!! The only thing you can do is take it all in stride, and have another drink.

That guy at the shop would have two problems, right cross followed by a left hook!!!!!
Rice Haters Club Member #128
bigred90gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2002, 07:05 PM   #6
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Unhappy

Crap, I'm sorry you're week has sucked, RedLilPony.

It's weird 'cause my week ain't been so good either. I've been having starting problems with BOTH of my 'stangs (almost leaving me stranded many times-- both cars! ) plus REALLY busy days at work.. . Things will get better. Until then, make sure you take some time off to take a breath or two. And I'm really sorry about your car getting keyed. Were you ever able to get any justice out of the matter?
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;
14 x 4” K&N X-stream air filter.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video
Stock 5.0L, 2-chamber Flowmasters, MAC CAI, Tri-Ax, Al pedals...

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2002, 10:06 PM   #7
HotRoddin
cranky old man

Default Re: Ya So My Day Sucked Yesterday

Quote:
Originally posted by RedLilPony
Anyways, So We go to pick up Beauty and find the tech getting out of her with a bag of freakin wendy's and then find out that the bill is $470!!!
Unless you have ABS brake system problems ... $470.00 seems excessive for brakes ?? I would question that !!
HotRoddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2002, 10:59 PM   #8
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Thumbs down that sucks

DAMN JODI,
SOUNDS LIKE YOUR WEEKS BEEN GOING LIKE MY YEAR! I keep thinking to myself.....(and you should too), ITS GOT TO GET BETTER, CUZ IT CANT GET NO WORSE!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey, did you ever call Steve Scarbrough about your key mark? IF you are gonna take it to anyone instead of doing it yourself, PLEASE call him! He will do you right!

You gonna be able to make it to the MCOH show this Sunday at Jack Roach? We'll be there...
Hope your weekend goes a HELLUVALOT better than your week has! Good luck w/ everything and I hope you get the Cobra up and running too!
Take Care, and hang in there!

See ya soon! Christine

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote