MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2002, 11:03 AM   #1
ImportKiller
Registered Member

Default I guess it had to happen someday, Betty Finally loses 11-1 record.

Today is a sad sad day...My beloved Betty finally was beaten and i don't have the words to describe how shhitty it feels to lose...

So I am merging onto a freeway and it seems the lane i am on is a carpool lane, theres this dude in the car next to me so i rev Betty hard in second to get ahead of him when all of a sudden in a split second this guy is right next to me...

I think oh okay son, lets do this...so i push her into 3rd and rev hard i put him back into my blind spot, i hear him shift and bingo we're neck and neck....we're both flying down this onramp...now im drag racing in a carpool lane...sheesh...anyways...we come down flying and i push her into 4th i rev her to 4800 and everytime i do this i have walked away from the other dude...but bamm i shift and this dude is in front of me by half a car length, I tell Betty come on girl we can't lose....Kinda felt like the alamo, She gives me all she has and we both go into 5th and we're getting up in the 90's now...but as i look he is still ahead...we shut it down at around 95mph....and i catch up to the dude and conceed defeat....Me and Betty head home with our first loss in our back pockets....damn this sucks...

Goddamn Vettes are freaking fast....

And i bet you thought i was talking about a ricer....Please...check yourself before you wreck yourself....

http://geocities.com/team340maxim

1989 Mustang LX 5.0
JBA Headers, Bassani X-Pipe
Mac 3' Catback system.
Old 10-23-2002, 11:07 AM   #2
EZRIDN
Registered Member

Was it an LS1 Vette?

Good run though!

'87 GT..5 spd...Stock...14.4 @ 97 SOLD

'90 GT Conv. A4 Cream Puff...14.6 @ 94 SOLD

'99 Z28..A4..Stock stall, no tuning, all motor, full weight 11.92 @ 117.95 SOLD

'03 Centennal Edition GT 5 spd. 1 of 620 5 spd coupes made.

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/timeline/99-04/03/100th.htm

Stock.....
13.89 @ 99.03

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/timeline/99-04/03/100th.htm
Old 10-23-2002, 02:51 PM   #3
one
Registered Member

Default Looks like you made time

Could have sworn I saw a post before about you not risking your license to race on the street and that you don't have time.....OH wait,
(Well there Inferno, as i said before, just because your ready to go doesn't mean its going to happen the way you want...your integra boy says we should just run it on the street...

I on the other hand am not willing to sacrafice myself or my ride or my license for this...it doesn't mean that much to me...

But....

If we can hook up in carlsbad the q or fontana its all good...but once again

I'll say it slowly so you can understand....all week this week i am planning my daughters 1st birthday....no time to race when i have too much to do after work...and after that all my parts will be in from summit and jegs and other places...then my car goes to arizona to be setup....understand Inferno....sorry that we got into this at this time and you have to leave but thats the way the cookie crumbles...

So just so you know I have never or will i ever back down out of any race....but i am not going to forgo plans and commitments i've made before i got into this lil challange

Maybe when i pick up my car in arizona i could ride to texas and give you a texas size A## whooping....)

Yeap there it was, guess you found time.
Old 10-23-2002, 02:58 PM   #4
NotchJohnson
Registered Member

Relax dude, he said he was on a freeway, I dont know what the speed limit was, but if you were doing 95 on the interstate down here, people would still pass you.
Old 10-23-2002, 02:59 PM   #5
this is not cbring
Registered Member

i've read several of your posts, mr. import killer........

and it sounds like you take this stuff pretty seriously,

remember we do this for fun
Old 10-23-2002, 03:05 PM   #6
one
Registered Member

Not tense, but thanks for the advice Notch. Just posting something I thought I remembered seeing.

One
Old 10-23-2002, 03:38 PM   #7
MattwantsSpeed
Registered Member

You got that right Notch!! Up here through the Tampa/Orlando corridor on I-4, you're doin 80-85 in a 65-70 and people are riding your ***! So I know what you mean.

Matt

Best to date: 14.331@97.46mph with 14*/stock fan/short belt and a 2.222 60' in 90 degree weather

Waiting to put on Off road H and 1 5/8 headers

Rice Hater's Club #36
Old 10-23-2002, 03:43 PM   #8
NotchJohnson
Registered Member

Haha People are crazy on I-4!
Old 10-23-2002, 10:42 PM   #9
ImportKiller
Registered Member

Default Thanks Guys

Oh mr One, as notch said i was merging onto the freeway, i only revved my car up so i could get myself in a legal lane, im sure we all do it, don't need the carpool ticket, thats why if you read my post i was not too pleased about the whole deal to begin with.

Yeah i was merging onto the 54fwy here in SD and that frwy i wide open and people haul *** on it.

As far as intensity cbring i am that way with everything i do...i am just passionate about competing...

But not and idiot about it...

Also my daughters B-day went off without a hitch...had 75 guests and it was a blast...

Now i am preparing my car for the engine swap, i have three motors i am considering, also i am still on the fence about supercharging Vs Twin Turbos....

anywho it doesn't help me with this loss...but its all good

Betty is always a winner in my book.

and if any of you wonder why i call her Betty

Betty Paige

1989 Mustang LX 5.0
Mac 3' Catback system.
Old 10-24-2002, 01:36 PM   #10
Coupe50h
Registered Member

Oh ok "ONE, whats the talk about a tx size whoopin?
come on with it, hear in south tx a can of whipa$s is what you'll find......
Down hear you see so many turbo 5.0's now, you almost have to have one, or sc'er to hang with these guys. 10 sec street cars are common, saw a turbo nova at the track last night with a turbo 400 running 8's.
X-Texas highway patrol ssp 1990 coupe - exploder Gt-40 iron heads, Explorer intake, 19 lber's. E-cam. crane 1.7 rollers. 190fp. 75mm maf. 65mm tb, tubular subframe connectors, mac cai, Asp crank pulley, T-5, king cobra clutch, flowtech 1-5/8 unequals, mac X-pipe Frpp driveshaft, lakewood Lca's.
race weight 3,160

12.69 @ 107.35, 1.71 60' 26x8.5 drag's 3.90 gear

13.20 @ 106.91 - 235/60/15 firestones 2.3 60' 3.27 gear
Old 10-24-2002, 02:20 PM   #11
one
Registered Member

Can only assume that you were meaning to address that to Mr Importkiller since it was his quote I was quoting and I am sure you picked up on that, right?

Which if that is the case you are right on the money. Lots of talking going on but when someone calls someone out that talk turns to excuses. Could care less if they race myself, and if so would like to see the mustang win. Just thought that alot of people got on inferno's back the other day and it was interesting how we are all posting on "the street racers corner".Then when he asked for the race, suddenly people were not interested in racing their cars on the street, or freeway for that matter ( Notch). And if you are going to use the,"i only revved my car up so i could get myself in a legal lane, im sure we all do it, don't need the carpool ticket" as the excuse or reason that you were racing, and it was racing. That is B.S you would have simply put on the brakes and then switched lanes. The speed limit is 65 miles per hour in Chula Vista, killer I am sure the ticket for being in the 90's is much larger then the 271 dollar carpool ticket you would have gotten. Plus the reckless endangerment fine for being over 20mph over the speed limit and racing another vehicle so you would have lost your license for at least 30days. Boy the 271 doesn't look that bad now after all does it.

But hey, no need to think of something clever to say. You had something to do and couldn't race him, that's how it goes. But acting so anti street racing then posting a record of 11 kills and 1 loss. That doesn't fair well for your argument.

One
Old 10-24-2002, 03:42 PM   #12
ImportKiller
Registered Member

And you know for sure that all these races were on the street...

One...know me before you talk...

The only person that called me out was Inferno...and i told him i'd meet him at the Q last friday and he did not respond....

So double check your facts before you look stupid....

1989 Mustang LX 5.0
Mac 3' Catback system.
Old 10-24-2002, 04:46 PM   #13
Coupe50h
Registered Member

Well then use the ""s then, thats why they're there champ.
X-Texas highway patrol ssp 1990 coupe - exploder Gt-40 iron heads, Explorer intake, 19 lber's. E-cam. crane 1.7 rollers. 190fp. 75mm maf. 65mm tb, tubular subframe connectors, mac cai, Asp crank pulley, T-5, king cobra clutch, flowtech 1-5/8 unequals, mac X-pipe Frpp driveshaft, lakewood Lca's.
race weight 3,160

Old 10-24-2002, 05:16 PM   #14
one
Registered Member

Default Parentheses

Coupe50h
Since I thought it was just a mistake on your part by using my name instead of his I will help you out with the def of Parentheses, since I used those in the post.

upright curved mark in punctuation: one of a pair of shallow, curved signs (, ) used to enclose an additional inserted word or comment and distinguish it from the sentence in which it is found.
2. words within parentheses: a word or phrase that comments on or qualifies part of the sentence in which it is found and is isolated from it by parentheses or dashes

Since it was such a large comment I went with the parentheses, which still being grammatically correct. But from now on I will make sure to be 100 percent grammatically correct so you can follow along at home.

Killer

"And you know for sure that all these races were on the street...

One...know me before you talk..." ( Notice the quotation marks)

I am just going off of what you are implying

"I guess it had to happen someday, Betty Finally loses 11-1 record. "

Didn't say 11 wins on the track and 1 loss on the street my very first time racing there, boy I will just stick to racing at only legal events from now on.
Old 10-24-2002, 05:26 PM   #15
slow98
Registered Member

Default haha

haha, cant you people just let the man post in peace lol,i mean come on you must have absolutley nothing else to do with your time if you bring up **** from other posts just to criticize the man on his race story.... i mean come on get a grip

no flames intended

peace
1998 mustang gt/manual..373s,bbk offroad h pipe,flowmaster cat back,c&l 80 mm maf,steeda triax,eibach springs,steeda ud pulleys,upr timing adjuster,screamon demos coil packs,motorsports 9mm plug wires,steea aluminum lca's,steeda heavy duty uca's and just over 100 k on the clock
Old 10-24-2002, 05:35 PM   #16
one
Registered Member

slow98
You are completely right. I don't have anything better to do today. ( just kidding) But seriously, it just bothered me that the last time I was on the board I was reading his and Inferno's post and he was blasting Inferno. Wasn't really intended to piss him off (being importKiller) but I guess when you call Bull ***** on a Bull sh!ter they get defensive. Either way point received slow98.

One
Old 10-24-2002, 07:20 PM   #17
inferno
The Instigator

Importkiller, I did respond. I asked you what time and YOU didn't answer me. Now you come and act like I chickened out when you are the one trying to stall until you get your built motor and power adder. Please don't try to cover your *** now by acting hard....it isn't going to work.
Old 10-24-2002, 10:03 PM   #18
Coupe50h
Registered Member

ummm...instigator, i dont care what you guys little argument is about, but i can see how you got your name, with a turbo you might be an iroc-z "contender" please man....

naw but really i forgot what this thread was about now
race weight 3,160

Old 10-25-2002, 12:09 AM   #19
ImportKiller
Registered Member

My my my....look at all the post....well Inferno if you asked for the time let me direct you to the racelegal website

Racelegal.com

They open at 5 and close at 11 so i guess anytime between then would work...but once again....you like to think your challange has made me push my date of my motor swap up....

As i said before dont flatter yourself kid...i've already explained how i am going about this swap i don't need to repeat myself...

Ask your integra boy about this and im sure he can shed light on the issue..

Anyways it seems One is bored and is very interested in my goings on....i am flatterd....

I hope the Q doesnt rain out again that would suck....

Have a good one Inferno...i forget why we are going at it again but i guess it was something worth racing over....so im sure we will someday....

later...

1989 Mustang LX 5.0
Mac 3' Catback system.
Old 10-25-2002, 01:48 AM   #20
inferno
The Instigator

Coupe, I find that funny that you say that adding a turbo to my car would make me an Iroc Z contender. I'll let you hold on to your delusions of granduer and let your comments go for now.

ImportKiller, never once did I say that my challenge made you push your motor install date up. I said that you were post-poning the race until you got it done. Two entirely different things. I won't be able to make it out tomorrow, but I'll try to get there next friday(the 1st)...that is unless something suddenly comes up for you.