MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-20-2002, 09:35 PM   #1
Agent_4573
Registered Member

Default I hate my life.

Thats right, i hate my life and my car hates me. How is it that I can call 3 different parts store and none of them have the part i need. They don't tell me this initially though. No, they tell me they'll order it and it will be therein 5 to 7 days. However when i call back in 5 to 7 days, they either didn't order it, or what i was told today was that i have an inservicable part. Meaning that I have to pay the extra 120 dollars core charge to replace my ECM. Just because the last 3 letters are a2a and not a2e. I guess its time to go to ebay cuz you just can't get parts new anymore.
'89 LX 5.0, off-road h pipe, flowmaster muffs, underdrive pulleys, rebuilt WC T-5, King Cobra Clutch, 65mm throttle body, Explorer Upper/GT40 lower, Lakewood Rear Lift Bars. 76mm C&L Mass air w/ inlet pipe, Twisted wedge heads w/ stage 2 port,polish, MAC equal length shorties, Billet AFPR, 255LPH fuel pump, fresh low end w/ 10.5:1 compression.

If anyone ever wants to go to Raceway Park in Englishtown New Jersey, give me a shout.

RICER HATERS CLUB MEMBER 87!
www.ricehatersclub.com
Agent_4573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2002, 09:55 PM   #2
Agent_4573
Registered Member

Okay so the point i forgot to make was, a and i konw i asked this before but i forgotthe anwer, I know the a9l will work with my car, but what other ecm will work. And does it matter if it comes out of a 5-speed or automatic?
'89 LX 5.0, off-road h pipe, flowmaster muffs, underdrive pulleys, rebuilt WC T-5, King Cobra Clutch, 65mm throttle body, Explorer Upper/GT40 lower, Lakewood Rear Lift Bars. 76mm C&L Mass air w/ inlet pipe, Twisted wedge heads w/ stage 2 port,polish, MAC equal length shorties, Billet AFPR, 255LPH fuel pump, fresh low end w/ 10.5:1 compression.

If anyone ever wants to go to Raceway Park in Englishtown New Jersey, give me a shout.

www.ricehatersclub.com
Old 08-21-2002, 06:56 AM   #3
USMC302
Registered Member

Agent,

I just bought a new ECM from O'Rieleys, it's like an Auto Zone or Advanced Auto Parts store, I told them not to worry about the last three numbers because I had a different setup than stock and that I would need a 5.0 5 speed with mass air. That is what they gave me, it was a remanufactured one and had no codes on it except the one they put on it, so there was no way for me to tell if it was a a9l or a cheaper one, but it works great and the car still pulls 12.20's all day. Good luck to you, i can get the part number off of it tonight if you want it, they can order it by that.
Old 08-21-2002, 04:02 PM   #4
Agent_4573
Registered Member

I would love it it you could give me the part number and o'reily's number so i can order one. The problem I'm facing is that everyone around here says that if the last 3 numbers don't match up exactly, i have to pay the 120 core charge because they won't take mine back. I can't afford a 120 extra dollars right now.

www.ricehatersclub.com
Old 08-22-2002, 10:03 AM   #5
USMC302
Registered Member

Ok, here's the deal. Here is the part number 78-4352. It is by A1-cardone, all local parts stores should stock from this manufacturer. I called O'Rieleys and they won't do a mail order or out of state order. He said you should bring the part number up to a different store and try it there. This part number is for an 89 5.0 5 speed. You need to explain to them that the computers are interchangable and that just because you don't have the exact last four digits doesn't mean it work work or it isn't the same. If none of that works you could send the bad ECM along with a check made out to O'Rieleys and I would do it for you and mail it to you, but why trust a United States Marine with a check not even made out to him that you've never met before and never will but trust him to put his life on the line to protect the freedon of this great Country in a moments notice? Your decision!

LOL, really if you need me to help out, I will. Good Luck

Old 08-22-2002, 06:08 PM   #6
Agent_4573
Registered Member

I would send you the money and the ecm but i use the car everyday so I would have to have the new one in my hand before I sent the old one to you. Thanks for the part number though, I'll look around here for someone that carries them.

I would never trust a marine though.... Just can't turn my back on the Air Force like that.

LOL, j/k

www.ricehatersclub.com
Old 08-23-2002, 12:00 PM   #7
USMC302
Registered Member

LOL, ok, good luck!

Secret....Agent man, Secret Agent man!!!!!!