MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-29-2005, 01:38 PM   #21
RBatson
Registered Member

Default Re: I hate local cops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr 5 0
killa comment
You gangster.
Old 01-29-2005, 01:48 PM   #22
RBatson
Registered Member

I'm not going to preach, I've done stupid things before too. Just remember that anything could happen(disabled motorist, slow motorist, blowout). Not to mention a lack of driving experience. You were unusually lucky to get a warning that night.

16yrs old+ 125mph= A frightening thought.
Old 02-05-2005, 02:35 PM   #23
2001GTPEWTER
Registered Member

This is some real brain stuff here. I'm 24, I have a gorgeous mineral grey 2001 GT, leather, 17" Bullit wheels, heavily tinted glass, a 40 series performance exhaust and you know what I use this car for?...To drive to work and to 7-11. And I live in a town with a BUILT-IN police force. The speed limits' 30, I do 30. Its 45, I do 45. NOBODY else gets inside my car but me...And with 19 points, 12 violations, one misdemeanor revocation and 8 seatbelt tickets from 2000 to 2003, I've found I can enjoy this freakin car withOUT being an ASSHOLE with it. It never races, I never abuse the clutch, I don't dick with the engine, dont eat in the damn car, and I don't even listen to the radio WHILE I drive...too much distraction, I'm afraid I might slip the clutch every now and then and I found out that having a new clutch put on a 1996 Mustang GT (my last car before this), runs anywhere from $700 to $1000 and UP. Yeah I used to be James Dean too!..But you can love a Mustang without kicking the shit out of it or having to feel like a target for the cops.
Old 02-16-2005, 09:47 PM   #24
yellow95stang
Registered Member

You gotta rember that if you have a car that grabs attention standing still, that it only gains more attention while you are moving espically when you are doing goofy things in it. And being a young male and having a nice car makes you a marked man with the police, even when you are abiding the law. It took me about $400 work of window tickets to convince me to take off the window tint. ( I was 17 at the time) The more you look innocent the less that they bother you. This means, do the speed limit and obey the rules. Im not trying to preach but, what good is the car after you just flipped it 5 times because you were doing 125 for no better reason other than you car goes that fast.

Also, I tend to agree with the b.s. commet mentioned eariler. I am a 4th year criminal justice major and I live in N.J. and once your ass is in cuffs they usally arn't coming off till your down at the station in a holding cell. Also, the zip ties are only used in stuff like riot control or drug busts when cuffs are not abundantly avaliable. To my knowledge, most departments' officers don't even carry the zipties because they cost money while the cuff are reusable and more cost efficent to the department. Also, the cop more than once violated you civil rights (in my opinion) Also, he hit you car w/ a flashlight?

Im not trying to criticize but it just dosens't seem to add up. I do realize there are moron cops out there (i was taken to an interrogation room for arguing w/ them but they were breaking the law the whole time I was sitting in there, and as soon as I mentioned a lawyer I was let go immediately) but at the same point, it is there job. Who knows what they might have had to deal with earlier that day/night, a murder, rape, some other kid telling him how to do his job. Finally, keep in mind that questioning thier authoriy is probably the WORST thing you can do and it only makes the situation worse. Basically they are always right and you are always wrong (at the time of the stop) You cannot really argue at the time of the stop because they ARE the law unless you happen to have a lawyer constantly riding around with you. BUT, if your rights are violated there are correct means to take action, such as court or a lawyer. And the more you cooperate at the time of the stop the more the court will treat you like an upstanding citizen rater than a person that questions the law ( which happens to be each one of these person's carrers : i.e. judge, prosecuter, policeman)

Cops are poeple too - treat them like one and they will usally return the favor ( I ve learned this the hard way)
yellow95stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 12:55 AM   #25
67_stang
Registered Member

I feel kinda bad saying something since this is my first post. But, why do you hate the cop? You admited to going over the speed limit. You got pulled over. Dont want to get a ticket? Dont want to be hassled by THE MAN ? Then dont speed. Sorry to sound like an old man but I have been there before. You will have alot more fun and look better to your girlfriend driving your stang then riding the bus.
67_stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 11:04 AM   #26
Devine65GT
Registered Member

If im not misstaken 20mph over in Texas is a direct ticket jail. no questions asked. i have been pulled over a couple times, but for nothing other than the coppers wanted to check out my car. i dont mind the cops, i think they are fair and do their job.. sometimes they can be alittle unfair, but i imagin they get tired of seeing the same ol things. like a 16-20 yr old kid going to fast with bad judgement. i know when i was 16 i couldnt control a hotwheel car, none the less a gt going 125.
just my thoughts
-mh
Old 03-10-2005, 09:12 PM   #27
Dragster690
Registered Member

I agree with you duece. Youre gonna end up killing yourself and/or your girlfriend and if you live you wont have you stang to get around in
Dragster690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 05:49 PM   #28
PonyCrazy
Registered Member

I am 17, almost 18, and had my fair share of harrasment by local police. I have my mustang, yes it does have shiny welds and an nice low rumble exaust, but that doesnt mean i am out there to race every thing i pull up agenst. The car is still in black primer, but i like it that way, but for some reason when i am travinlg with a group of cars, no no, the speeding buick next to me doesnt get pulled over, i do. I have had state cops let me off with speeding warnings before, because it was the same case, no one else around me, and me just havin some fun. Not being reckless, just, speeding. Local pigs will pull kids in my town over for anything they can. I pulled out in traffic, at like 11pm, and hurried to get up to speed (basicly floored it til i hit 50 in a 45) and the lights went on and i was accuse of trying to race the car next to me, which by the way, was a bonneville. Had to go to court and get that one kicked out too. Local cops can be pains in the ass.
Old 03-19-2005, 12:08 PM   #29
Jimljr145
Registered Member

Unhappy Re: I hate local cops

First of all hello to everyone. I am new to this forum. Second of all, I can't help but feel pitty for a poor sixteen year old that is being harassed by the local cops. I have been involved in public service for the past fifteen years. I have been in emergency medical services since 1990, and "gasp", a law enforcement officer for the last two years. I personally drive a 01 Mustang GT, with a manual trans. I can tell you it can take on a Crown Vic and not break a sweat. But that doesn't mean I "take it to the strip" every time I start it up. As a sixteen year old, first of all you are still too dumb to realize how dangerous you are inside a 3000 plus pound speeding bullet. When you see the damage that can be done to an unsecured human body in a crash obeying the posted speed limit, and still decide to drive it like you stole it, you deserve the injuries and or death you will bring to your self. When you hurt someone else and walk away uninjured, I have names for you that I will keep to myself. I would love to be there to see you when this happens. During training as well as in real life, I have witnessed some really nasty car crashes. See they are mostly not accidents, but crashes. An accident would be something that you could not avoid. Showing off to your little girl in a car you should never be able to sit in in the first place, you are only asking for trouble, and a mis hap at over a hundred, well the only accident would be the one that allows you to do it again. Laws regarding traffic are in place to protect the "good, law abiding citizens", from people like you who are reckless and do not know how easy it is to take a human life. See, you can hate the local cops all you want, but at the end of the day, us cops are trying to prevent you from hurting or killing entire families, such as mine, and all the others on this post that value life. There is a time and a place to use the available power in your car, but that place is not the local roadways. Laws are there to try to prevent death, even those of you who are going to object to this message. Now, as far as your "story" about this one particular cop, if he did what you said, as you say, he was out of line. But, are you sure you didn't see this at the movies? I do believe I have several times. One last thing, if you keep your attitude in check during a car stop, and show respect to the officer, even if the officer is not showing it back, that will make you the better person. It may also earn you less tickets, and make you less notorious to the locals. I don't stop cars like yours just because they look fast, but I do if they drive the way you do. I have more to say on this, but I think I have said enough for now.
Jimljr145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 08:45 AM   #30
Gs835.8Stang
Registered Member

Eventhough this is an old thread, I have to comment here. I AM a former city (a medium size city) policemen in Pennsylvania. Mr 5.0 is correct in what he said. I will say though, that I have come across my fair share of local police who have nothing better to do than to make traffic stops all day, because they don't do any real police work. As far as the State police go, I have nothing but respect for them. They endure a very harsh academy training and deserve respect. You got extremely lucky on that 125mph blast, in PA you would have gone to jail at that speed, period, no questions asked.

I have done my fair share of bending the speed limits, ESPECIALLY when I was your age and in my early 20's. I was very lucky in that I never wrecked badly, or hurt anyone.

Now, if that officer behaved the way you report that he did, then you should have contacted his supervisors, or gone down to the station and filed a complaint on him, because that is not proper conduct for an officer.

I have found that most times when people showed me respect, I had no issues with them. When they disrespected me, I showed them the same. The thing that annoyed me most was young punk kids with attitudes and no respect for the law. As you get older you will understand. I was a young punk kid when I was your age, I didn't have any respect for the police which is why when I was an officer I tried to give younger kids a break when I realisically could.

At any rate, good luck and be safe out there. Keep the 125mph blasts on the track.
Gs835.8Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 09:14 PM   #31
PowerSlideGT
Registered Member

That happens to me all the time, try being a 16 year old with a 68 fastback, and 50's on back.... cop attraction.. somthing you just have to get used to, one night i was leaving wanette... a little town with One cop, i was way out of the way from anyone and i was doing 80mph, i turn left and then right, i notice flashing lights as he asks me to turn on my car, he hears my exhuast and says "yep that was your car" ... i was pissed, smiled and said, sorry i didnt know i was speeding, i changed the gears on my car for "gas effectency" and i havnt bought the right speedometer for it, he leaves me with a warning..... at the same time a girl calls me " the one who doesnt like me speeding" to ask when im coming by and what im doing, as i look in to the rear view mirror at the flashing lights i reply nothing just hanging out, we go to another down that night, she wont stop talking, distracts me and i turned with out using my signal... and yet again.. another warning... twice in one night, i was extra pissed.
1988 mustang gt t-top svo alum. Heads, comp cam rockers, e303 cam, Mass air, BBK cold air induction, BBK throttle body, gt-40 intake 1 inch spacer, Alum. drive shaft, world class 5 speed, 3.55 gear rear end, drag front springs.
PowerSlideGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 06:01 AM   #32
nastyn8
Smokes The Dope

Stop breaking the law asshole!!!
nastyn8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: