View Single Post
Old 02-16-2005, 09:47 PM   #24
yellow95stang
Registered Member

Default Re: I hate local cops

You gotta rember that if you have a car that grabs attention standing still, that it only gains more attention while you are moving espically when you are doing goofy things in it. And being a young male and having a nice car makes you a marked man with the police, even when you are abiding the law. It took me about $400 work of window tickets to convince me to take off the window tint. ( I was 17 at the time) The more you look innocent the less that they bother you. This means, do the speed limit and obey the rules. Im not trying to preach but, what good is the car after you just flipped it 5 times because you were doing 125 for no better reason other than you car goes that fast.

Also, I tend to agree with the b.s. commet mentioned eariler. I am a 4th year criminal justice major and I live in N.J. and once your ass is in cuffs they usally arn't coming off till your down at the station in a holding cell. Also, the zip ties are only used in stuff like riot control or drug busts when cuffs are not abundantly avaliable. To my knowledge, most departments' officers don't even carry the zipties because they cost money while the cuff are reusable and more cost efficent to the department. Also, the cop more than once violated you civil rights (in my opinion) Also, he hit you car w/ a flashlight?

Im not trying to criticize but it just dosens't seem to add up. I do realize there are moron cops out there (i was taken to an interrogation room for arguing w/ them but they were breaking the law the whole time I was sitting in there, and as soon as I mentioned a lawyer I was let go immediately) but at the same point, it is there job. Who knows what they might have had to deal with earlier that day/night, a murder, rape, some other kid telling him how to do his job. Finally, keep in mind that questioning thier authoriy is probably the WORST thing you can do and it only makes the situation worse. Basically they are always right and you are always wrong (at the time of the stop) You cannot really argue at the time of the stop because they ARE the law unless you happen to have a lawyer constantly riding around with you. BUT, if your rights are violated there are correct means to take action, such as court or a lawyer. And the more you cooperate at the time of the stop the more the court will treat you like an upstanding citizen rater than a person that questions the law ( which happens to be each one of these person's carrers : i.e. judge, prosecuter, policeman)

Cops are poeple too - treat them like one and they will usally return the favor ( I ve learned this the hard way)
yellow95stang is offline   Reply With Quote