View Single Post
Old 03-19-2005, 12:08 PM   #29
Jimljr145
Registered Member

Unhappy Re: I hate local cops

First of all hello to everyone. I am new to this forum. Second of all, I can't help but feel pitty for a poor sixteen year old that is being harassed by the local cops. I have been involved in public service for the past fifteen years. I have been in emergency medical services since 1990, and "gasp", a law enforcement officer for the last two years. I personally drive a 01 Mustang GT, with a manual trans. I can tell you it can take on a Crown Vic and not break a sweat. But that doesn't mean I "take it to the strip" every time I start it up. As a sixteen year old, first of all you are still too dumb to realize how dangerous you are inside a 3000 plus pound speeding bullet. When you see the damage that can be done to an unsecured human body in a crash obeying the posted speed limit, and still decide to drive it like you stole it, you deserve the injuries and or death you will bring to your self. When you hurt someone else and walk away uninjured, I have names for you that I will keep to myself. I would love to be there to see you when this happens. During training as well as in real life, I have witnessed some really nasty car crashes. See they are mostly not accidents, but crashes. An accident would be something that you could not avoid. Showing off to your little girl in a car you should never be able to sit in in the first place, you are only asking for trouble, and a mis hap at over a hundred, well the only accident would be the one that allows you to do it again. Laws regarding traffic are in place to protect the "good, law abiding citizens", from people like you who are reckless and do not know how easy it is to take a human life. See, you can hate the local cops all you want, but at the end of the day, us cops are trying to prevent you from hurting or killing entire families, such as mine, and all the others on this post that value life. There is a time and a place to use the available power in your car, but that place is not the local roadways. Laws are there to try to prevent death, even those of you who are going to object to this message. Now, as far as your "story" about this one particular cop, if he did what you said, as you say, he was out of line. But, are you sure you didn't see this at the movies? I do believe I have several times. One last thing, if you keep your attitude in check during a car stop, and show respect to the officer, even if the officer is not showing it back, that will make you the better person. It may also earn you less tickets, and make you less notorious to the locals. I don't stop cars like yours just because they look fast, but I do if they drive the way you do. I have more to say on this, but I think I have said enough for now.
Jimljr145 is offline   Reply With Quote