View Single Post
Old 03-25-2005, 08:45 AM   #30
Gs835.8Stang
Registered Member

Default Re: I hate local cops

Eventhough this is an old thread, I have to comment here. I AM a former city (a medium size city) policemen in Pennsylvania. Mr 5.0 is correct in what he said. I will say though, that I have come across my fair share of local police who have nothing better to do than to make traffic stops all day, because they don't do any real police work. As far as the State police go, I have nothing but respect for them. They endure a very harsh academy training and deserve respect. You got extremely lucky on that 125mph blast, in PA you would have gone to jail at that speed, period, no questions asked.

I have done my fair share of bending the speed limits, ESPECIALLY when I was your age and in my early 20's. I was very lucky in that I never wrecked badly, or hurt anyone.

Now, if that officer behaved the way you report that he did, then you should have contacted his supervisors, or gone down to the station and filed a complaint on him, because that is not proper conduct for an officer.

I have found that most times when people showed me respect, I had no issues with them. When they disrespected me, I showed them the same. The thing that annoyed me most was young punk kids with attitudes and no respect for the law. As you get older you will understand. I was a young punk kid when I was your age, I didn't have any respect for the police which is why when I was an officer I tried to give younger kids a break when I realisically could.

At any rate, good luck and be safe out there. Keep the 125mph blasts on the track.
Gs835.8Stang is offline   Reply With Quote