MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-09-2005, 02:34 AM   #1
NeedleBender
Registered Member

Default I hate local cops

why is it that every local cop i see thinks he's gonna stick me with some bullshit ticket? The only traffic authorities i have any respect for are state troopers. for instance, the other night i was coming home down an interstate at a descent clip. Maybe 125 or so. The car wasnt maxed out but she was movin. Anyway, this state trooper pulls me over. He is real chill about the whole thing because we were the only ones on that peice of road and i wasn't endangering anyone other than myself. he wrote me a warning and sent me on my way. On the other hand, about a week ago i am on the same stretch of road at about 65 mph when the speed limit was 55. Deputy Dickwad decided to bust my balls. he throws on his lights and pulls me over. i wasnt worried for my offense was something i could talk my way out of. he hit my car with his flashlight twice while he screamed for me to get out of my car at once. I get out then he zip ties my hands and leans me against my car saying that i approached him too quickly. He proceeds to apologize and release me from the ties. He walks to his car and runs my plate. He then returns and ties me again saying there is a warrant for my arrest. Keep in mind that i am 16 and my girlfriend is in the car the whole time. he says that the scanner shows i have a "bad reputation." I asked him how the scanner had heard that and he ties me again. this is the 3rd time i have been tied. by now i am sure that he is running short on zip ties. He writes me a ticket for the speeding and for 2 other traffic violations i was accused of via the walkie talkie. i had to appear in front of a judge and go through a huge legal battle just to keep my license. what is it with local cops?
353 @ the wheels ($3500)
Forced Induction (12psi) ($6000)
Xenon Body Kit ($700)
Bassani Exhaust ($800)
12.2 @ 113 (about $45,000)
Balls enough to use it. . .priceless
NeedleBender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 03:27 AM   #2
Fat0eknee
I'm slow ...I know.

Default Re: I hate local cops

that sucks ..are you on that new graduated license bs?
Fat0eknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 04:31 PM   #3
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Smile Re: I hate local cops

You're 16, drive a Mustang and probably have the same charming attitude that I had at 16. Cops hate guys like you are now and I used to be. They know you think they are scum and guess what? They think the exact same thing about you! I know this because a cop informed me of this fact a long time ago. I had no reason to doubt him as he was an inch from my face and had spittle coming out of his mouth as he screamed it at me. You see, I had been playing hide and seek with him for 30 minutes, careening around a suburban neighborhood as he tried to catch me and when he did, he was very, very annoyed.

The cops see what they consider to be a 16-year-old know-it-all with a Mustang and a girlfriend; now, part of them is probably jealous and part of them definitely hates your guts and knows, just knows you are going to kill someone any day now with that fast car that you can't really handle, even though you may think you're the reincarnation of Dale Earnhardt.

That's why, when you speed and get caught a lot, the 'word' spreads fast among the cop population in your area and you are 'known' - and targeted. It happened to me when I was a teenager. I eventually had my license revoked and had to go to another state to obtain one there, wait six months and then apply for a new license in my home state, take a drivers exam (written and driving) to get a new license (with no points on it). I did and although I still got the occasional ticket, I eventually moved away and was no longer a 'marked man'. However, I paid a lot of fines and had a lot of hassles between 16 and 22, mostly because I drove like an idiot. Hey, it's part of life.

Unless you can drive within the speed limits and refrain from doing anything illegal, you will probably get more tickets and have hassles because, as I said at the beginning, you are a 'marked man'. A 16-year-old driver with a Mustang and an 'attitude'. I suggest you play nice with the cops when they stop you - as they will - because they can have your car impounded (this once happened to me) and cost you a lot of time and money, just because you couldn't resist making that killa comment when they asked why you were speeding (or whatever). As they say: it ain't worth it.

I would also suggest you lay off the 125 mph rides because the next trooper may decide to hit you with a long list of charges, including reckless driving and a lot more for going that speed, no matter how deserted the road is. 125 is simply begging for big trouble and if another car ever did get in your way, a big accident and probable death, because at 125, you are simply hanging onto the wheel and have almost zero control of the car. I know this because I lost control once doing just over 100 mph and although we all got out alive and unhurt, it was pure dumb luck and had little to do with my driving abilities.

Good luck.
Old 01-09-2005, 05:35 PM   #4
Orange97GTVert
Mustang Fanatic

I agree with mr 50. My son is 16 and drives a laser red 98 GT. He got a ticket one night a month after he got his license. The cop called us and made us drive him home and drive his car home. He wanted to write him up for racing, but he was not really racing so he couldn't. In Texas they don't write tickets for street racing, they haul your ass to jail and impound your car, thanks in part to the ricer movie "The Fast amd the Furious." Chad talks about hating cops, I tell him they are doing their job, part of which is to protect us from killing ourselves! They only get attitude when you give it to them. Slow down, keep your Mustang and your girlfriend, not to mention yourself all in one piece!

1997 Mustang GT Convertible, 4.6L Auto, Autumn Orange w/Saddle Tan Top & Leather Interior, Styling Bar, 17 X 9 Polished Cobra R's on Nitto NT 555's, Ford Racing Bullitt Suspension package, Mac CAI, Steeda UDP's, Flowmaster 40 Series Catback, SCT X-Calibrator II, Zaino Shine, 7 time Show Winner, driven daily
Orange97GTVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 12:00 AM   #5
grey88gt
Registered Member

I agree with 50 to. Ive done some stupid stuff myself. I get along with the locals here very well. We have one that is a young cop and know one likes him. I sell them parts for there personal cars as well as there cop cars, and we all get along fine. Two of them will sometimes pull me over just to BS . All in all though, if you respect them they will respect you.
grey88gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 02:48 AM   #6
rwhite65
Ride Hard

Just because this one cop probably let something u said dictate a b.s ticket, doesn't mean all local cops are bad. yes he should have let the violations severity decide the punishment, but who knows how many smart ass 16 year olds, or adults for that matter, had been telling him how to do his job or how he was wasting their time and should be looking for the REAL criminals.

Look at this way...think of all the burn outs you have done, stop signs you have rolled, or speed limits you have broke. So you got caught, he gave you a ticket for this one time....you got away with all those other times, move on. If you got caught doing 120 and got away without going to jail, sounds like you are still way ahead.

65 mph in a 55 mph is not that big of deal. We all have done it time and time again. Those limits are there for a reason and even though some are entirely to slow of speeds for the area, until that unexpected happens and you realize too late....this will not seem as clear to you as I wish I could describe it. Cell phones ring, girl friends distract, that ten miles an hour may make all the difference.

Finally, this may not be a popular statement, but I got to call B.S. on this story... or just partly. Things tend to get distorted when you are upset and when it involves the police. I only say this because of the fact it is highly improbable this officer would do things as you described for several reasons. The biggest is you’re state and civil rights. Not knowing Texas state law, I would bet he violated a few of your state rights if not your U. S. ones. There is always a video camera around when it comes to the police, probably was in his car even. What you say he did is not sound police procedure. Yeah he might have put you in flex cuffs, but if he did it makes no sense to take you out, and then put you back in. If nothing else, that is entirely stupid and probably several safety issues, and again, violation of rights. I am not sure how they do things in Texas, but flex cuffs are generally only used for large groups of arrests.

From the tone of your statement, it leads me to believe you may have let yourself talk your way into some of what happened. Don't look at as how can I talk my way out of this....if he is even half good at what he does, he will see right thru it. Listen to what he says and do it. Court and attorneys are what the arguing and disagreements are for.

Again, I am not calling you a liar, but I have seen and heard this more times then I can count...and it is almost always not an accurate portrayal of what happened.
Ryan

04 Grand Cherokee Freedom Edition

79 Ford F-250 4x4 - Restored
rwhite65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 09:35 AM   #7
NeedleBender
Registered Member

i saw the cop that pulled me over the other night. i loathe him
353 @ the wheels ($3500)
Xenon Body Kit ($700)
Bassani Exhaust ($800)
Old 01-10-2005, 01:50 PM   #8
NeedleBender
Registered Member

rwhite65, my gf was with me on both occasions and she is overprotective so most of my time is spent reassuring her via the phone im not cheatin on her, when the trooper got me i was also on the phone. my father bought an 05 gt so the stang i drive was inheritence, a 99 gt chrome yellow, forced induction at 14 psi. i love that car, all the engine work i did, myy father just provided the car.
353 @ the wheels ($3500)
Xenon Body Kit ($700)
Bassani Exhaust ($800)
Old 01-10-2005, 01:52 PM   #9
NeedleBender
Registered Member

my* (I hate spelling errors...with a passion)
353 @ the wheels ($3500)
Xenon Body Kit ($700)
Bassani Exhaust ($800)
Old 01-10-2005, 01:56 PM   #10
NeedleBender
Registered Member

fatoeknee, yeah but i got a new ticket added to my record in louisiana so now im on something that the Justice of the Peace is called Motorist Repeat Offender Probation. Makes me sound like a sex offender. I got a ticket for unsanctioned speeding of an unauthorized event. A degrading way of saying racing.
353 @ the wheels ($3500)
Xenon Body Kit ($700)
Bassani Exhaust ($800)
Old 01-24-2005, 08:37 PM   #11
The Deuce
Registered Member

You should have gone to jail for the 125. Pull your head out and slow down kid. I don't want to read about you killing people with that car.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 10:07 PM   #12
Pony_Racer
Registered Member

back when i lived up in ND with my 85 GT cops harrased my non stop mainly because of my exhaust..or lack of. I got pulled over 3 times 2 at the middle school picking up my cousins. always was this dick head of a cop that pulled everybody over. 120$ for exhaust noise violation or whatver and some other cop pulled me over as i was entering the parking lot because my tires chripped coming around a corner (posi will do that ). And the shitty thing is i still havent paid the 40$ seat belt ticket from last year lol. So no more liscense for me up there anyway. So i can level with ya on how cops harass us just because we're young and have fast cars.

I drive on the other side of 100
My Page...
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/811263
Pony_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 01:33 AM   #13
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deuce
You should have gone to jail for the 125. Pull your head out and slow down kid. I don't want to read about you killing people with that car.
I've done 130+ many many times. I set the cruise at 120mph crossing the desert on I-40 in New Mexico. (It flipped out after a couple minutes, and I had to manually control it).

There are plenty of roads and cars in this country that are safe at 125. I would have expected him to receive a citation for reckless driving, but telling him he should go to jail while knowing little about the context is pretty dumb.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 02:08 AM   #14
Fat0eknee
I'm slow ...I know.

repeat motorist offender ...LOL
Fat0eknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 03:06 AM   #15
rwhite65
Ride Hard

He probably said he should have gone to jail, cause he should have. The police rarely drive that fast, and even when they do there is generally a good and just reason. Not sure about your states, but he would have gone to jail here, since that is considered reckless driving - an offense you get arrested for, not a ticket.

I am sure there are a lot of cars that drive well at that speed. Those speeds should be kept on a safe track or course. I love driving fast, but at that speed, anything comes in the road..and ur r done....not gonna be stopping in time.
Ryan

Old 01-25-2005, 03:47 PM   #16
blue00gt
Mustang Addict

Trust me, you should take that repeat motorist offender thing seriously. In my first 7 years of driving I was suspended 7 times - and I never went as fast as you were going when the trooper pulled you over. I just had poor judgement in where I was speeding and was going 10-15 over most of the time. I didn't take it all that seriously aside from the suspension but the last time I went to court the judge wanted to throw me in jail.
Also, no matter how good of a driver you think you are if anything happens at that speed you've probably killed yourself and your girlfriend, if not other people too.
Take it to the track.
blue00gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 07:02 PM   #17
Unit 5302
Registered Member

I guess people are entitled to their opinion. I happen to dissent, mostly because the logic that if anything happens you're going to die is stupid. There are events every day where something bad could happen and if it does, somebody could die. Having worn out tires in the rain is a hell of a lot more dangerous than doing 125mph on a flat, dry, open road with no traffic and visibility for miles.

Not that I really give a damn if anybody dies of their own accord since we're all going to die anyway, and quite frankly, it's not anybody's business to control all the things people might do that are dangerous to themselves so long as they're not endangering other motorists.

The take it to the track attitude does annoy me, though. For some people, the "track" is 3+hrs away, and a trip there will set you back $200+. For all those people with infinite money to waste, and a dozen toys sitting in their yard, go for it. The phrase "Take it to the track" is the wall of superiority that the drag racers hide behind. Then again, maybe I should chalk it up to many of their cars using suspensions and tires that are nearly unsafe for just "normal driving" on public roads.

Incidentally, I haven't owned a car/truck that'll do 100mph in years, and I don't really miss it because there is no place to safely use it around here anymore.

I fail to see the logic of having a fast car that you don't or can't drive hard. Just as much, I fail to see the logic of a car setup for drag racing that is primarly driven on the street.
Old 01-26-2005, 04:05 PM   #18
rwhite65
Ride Hard

you make some good points. You are right, we can not control some things. Doing 125 mph is something we can control. To me, that speed alone increases the odds that should something happen, the chances of being able to respond to it have just greatly decreased.
Ryan

Old 01-26-2005, 11:59 PM   #19
The Deuce
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit 5302
I've done 130+ many many times. I set the cruise at 120mph crossing the desert on I-40 in New Mexico. (It flipped out after a couple minutes, and I had to manually control it).

There are plenty of roads and cars in this country that are safe at 125. I would have expected him to receive a citation for reckless driving, but telling him he should go to jail while knowing little about the context is pretty dumb.
The daytime speedlimit on the Interstates in Texas is 70, it's 55 at night. He said it was at night, so that puts him at 70 over the limit.

If going more than twice the speed limit on the interstate is not a jailable offense then I don't know what is on the road. It's beyond reckless regardless of the situation. You'd go to jail in any state I've ever lived for that speed.

I'm not saying he 'deserved' to go to jail, or trying to be all high and mighty. I'm suprised he didn't get put in the back of troopers car, honestly.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 02:33 AM   #20
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Yes, you can control yourself and avoid driving 125mph. You can control the urge even better by purchasing a Ford Explorer with a V6 like I did. I don't know if it would do 125mph off a cliff. I can't fault your logic regarding speed vs the ability to react to problems or the fact that driving 125mph is inherently more dangerous than driving 55mph. How much more dangerous is debatable based on the conditions, driver, and vehicle.

While it may be true that the speed limit is 55 at night in Texas (it was the last time I rolled through on the road trip to Phoenix) that doesn't necessarily mean the true safe driving speed for all vehicles is 55mph. There are places around here in Minnesota that have a 30mph speed limit despite having no residential driveways connecting to the road, and the road being divided by a concrete median with 4 lanes of traffic.

It's been indicated that reckless driving is an offense for which you are arrested in Texas. It comes in two separate, but considered generally equal forms in Minnesota. Careless and Reckless. Much like DUI vs DWI. Anyway, I digress. I would agree that based on reckless being an arrestable offense, I would have expected him to have a ride to jail in the back of a police cruiser.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: