View Single Post
Old 01-10-2005, 02:48 AM   #6
rwhite65
Ride Hard

Default Re: I hate local cops

Just because this one cop probably let something u said dictate a b.s ticket, doesn't mean all local cops are bad. yes he should have let the violations severity decide the punishment, but who knows how many smart ass 16 year olds, or adults for that matter, had been telling him how to do his job or how he was wasting their time and should be looking for the REAL criminals.

Look at this way...think of all the burn outs you have done, stop signs you have rolled, or speed limits you have broke. So you got caught, he gave you a ticket for this one time....you got away with all those other times, move on. If you got caught doing 120 and got away without going to jail, sounds like you are still way ahead.

65 mph in a 55 mph is not that big of deal. We all have done it time and time again. Those limits are there for a reason and even though some are entirely to slow of speeds for the area, until that unexpected happens and you realize too late....this will not seem as clear to you as I wish I could describe it. Cell phones ring, girl friends distract, that ten miles an hour may make all the difference.

Finally, this may not be a popular statement, but I got to call B.S. on this story... or just partly. Things tend to get distorted when you are upset and when it involves the police. I only say this because of the fact it is highly improbable this officer would do things as you described for several reasons. The biggest is you’re state and civil rights. Not knowing Texas state law, I would bet he violated a few of your state rights if not your U. S. ones. There is always a video camera around when it comes to the police, probably was in his car even. What you say he did is not sound police procedure. Yeah he might have put you in flex cuffs, but if he did it makes no sense to take you out, and then put you back in. If nothing else, that is entirely stupid and probably several safety issues, and again, violation of rights. I am not sure how they do things in Texas, but flex cuffs are generally only used for large groups of arrests.

From the tone of your statement, it leads me to believe you may have let yourself talk your way into some of what happened. Don't look at as how can I talk my way out of this....if he is even half good at what he does, he will see right thru it. Listen to what he says and do it. Court and attorneys are what the arguing and disagreements are for.

Again, I am not calling you a liar, but I have seen and heard this more times then I can count...and it is almost always not an accurate portrayal of what happened.
Ryan

04 Grand Cherokee Freedom Edition

79 Ford F-250 4x4 - Restored
rwhite65 is offline   Reply With Quote