View Single Post
Old 01-25-2005, 07:02 PM   #17
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Default Re: I hate local cops

I guess people are entitled to their opinion. I happen to dissent, mostly because the logic that if anything happens you're going to die is stupid. There are events every day where something bad could happen and if it does, somebody could die. Having worn out tires in the rain is a hell of a lot more dangerous than doing 125mph on a flat, dry, open road with no traffic and visibility for miles.

Not that I really give a damn if anybody dies of their own accord since we're all going to die anyway, and quite frankly, it's not anybody's business to control all the things people might do that are dangerous to themselves so long as they're not endangering other motorists.

The take it to the track attitude does annoy me, though. For some people, the "track" is 3+hrs away, and a trip there will set you back $200+. For all those people with infinite money to waste, and a dozen toys sitting in their yard, go for it. The phrase "Take it to the track" is the wall of superiority that the drag racers hide behind. Then again, maybe I should chalk it up to many of their cars using suspensions and tires that are nearly unsafe for just "normal driving" on public roads.

Incidentally, I haven't owned a car/truck that'll do 100mph in years, and I don't really miss it because there is no place to safely use it around here anymore.

I fail to see the logic of having a fast car that you don't or can't drive hard. Just as much, I fail to see the logic of a car setup for drag racing that is primarly driven on the street.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote