View Single Post
Old 02-05-2005, 02:35 PM   #23
2001GTPEWTER
Registered Member

Default Re: I hate local cops

This is some real brain stuff here. I'm 24, I have a gorgeous mineral grey 2001 GT, leather, 17" Bullit wheels, heavily tinted glass, a 40 series performance exhaust and you know what I use this car for?...To drive to work and to 7-11. And I live in a town with a BUILT-IN police force. The speed limits' 30, I do 30. Its 45, I do 45. NOBODY else gets inside my car but me...And with 19 points, 12 violations, one misdemeanor revocation and 8 seatbelt tickets from 2000 to 2003, I've found I can enjoy this freakin car withOUT being an ASSHOLE with it. It never races, I never abuse the clutch, I don't dick with the engine, dont eat in the damn car, and I don't even listen to the radio WHILE I drive...too much distraction, I'm afraid I might slip the clutch every now and then and I found out that having a new clutch put on a 1996 Mustang GT (my last car before this), runs anywhere from $700 to $1000 and UP. Yeah I used to be James Dean too!..But you can love a Mustang without kicking the shit out of it or having to feel like a target for the cops.