View Single Post
Old 10-14-2002, 03:07 PM   #12
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

Attitude. That's what's been repeated again and again. That's the part that gets under people skin, be it from a domestic owner, an import owner, or an ATV owner.

As for me, if it's fast, I respect it. However, that doesn't mean that I like the way it looks. You could take a Pontiac Aztec and make it run 9's and I'll respect it. However, I'll still think it is one of the fugliest vehicles ever produced. Just the same way I never have liked the looks of the Mustang II's. It's just personal taste.

I like the looks of some imports. I even think some of the body-modified imports look nice. However, I don't like big table-size wings. I don't like neon. I don't like blackouts. I don't like clear tail lights. I don't like the little windshield wiper nozzle lights. I hate the little stem lights people put on their wheels. I don't like stickers all over cars (unless they are sponsor stickers in a sponsored vehicle). I HATE itty-bitty wheels with tiny little skinny tires which stick out 4 inches from the wheel well. I like loud stereos with good base, but I hate guys who drive by at 2 mph at 2:00 in the morning with their bass turned up load enough to shake apart a bank vault.

The bottom line is that each of us dislikes things for each of our own reasons. I can't tell you why I dislike some of the things I've mentioned. There's no science to it. However, I tend to lean towards functionality. If it has a REAL purpose on the car (like the Cobra R wings and air splitters...which I don't think are all that pretty), I can accept them. However, neon lights and flashy crap aint gonna help you one damned bit.

That being said, I'll go on to say this. "To each his own." If someone wants to modify your vehicle with the afformentioned propoganda, they should go right on and do it. It ain't gonna sink my ship. But if someone talks the talk, they'd better be able to walk the walk. And if you don't know what you're talking about, pardon my West-Texan, shut the hell up.

--nathan
'91 GT, Coast 347, 9.5:1 compression, full intake, Wolverine 1087 cam, exhaust, Keith Craft ported Windsor Jr. Irons (235 cfm intake, 195 cfm exhaust), AOD, PI 3500 converter, Lentech valve body, 3.73's (4.10's in the works), and Yokohama ES100's out back.

Daily Car: '04 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6MT
silver_pilate is offline   Reply With Quote