MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Stang Stories (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   I hated to do it but he was tail gating! (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=33043)

46stang 01-12-2003 11:12 PM

I hated to do it but he was tail gating!

on my way home the other day a 94-95 mustang gt comes flying up on my butt on the freeway! It was obvious he wanted a go at the 03:) so i dropped to 3rd and punched it! I was a little surprised he was only falling back a little, but once i grabbed 4th at 100mph i started to really pull away! Got to love torque:D I took it up to 130mph and traffic was coming quick so i slowed down! also my off ramp was coming up! he had a very sweet sounding 5.0! I think he may have had a blower as well as i thought i could here the whine! If not that was one quick 5.0!He pulls up next to me and says " Thats one fast car" and I gave him the thumbs up! this car pulls so hard on the freeway it's awesome! just thought i would share with you east coast guys that have your cars in the garage for winter:p
Leon

Dark_5.0 01-13-2003 12:29 AM

Congrats on not being very smart. A street race is one thing but going 130mph is just dumb.

20LbsBoost 01-13-2003 12:36 AM

Re: I hated to do it but he was tail gating!

I see the #'s in your signature my 'lil V-6 is still meeting you at the finish line only .1 behind. :D

When did you have it dynoed to get the HP and TQ?

The Deuce 01-13-2003 02:20 AM

Re: Re: I hated to do it but he was tail gating!

Quote:

Originally posted by 20LbsBoost
I see the #'s in your signature my 'lil V-6 is still meeting you at the finish line only .1 behind. :D

When did you have it dynoed to get the HP and TQ?

Dean. There is no way you would be that close. Take a look at his 60', which happens to be one of the best I've ever seen cut at Carlsbad on street tires. You'd be .5 behind on our track.

Leon, Nice man. Gotta love how open the 101 can be, eh? I've had my share of 100+ runs up there. :D Mostly in the dark, all alone on 2 wheels, but fun none the less.

You going to try Carlsbad again if they ever get enough insurance?

BLACK85GT 01-13-2003 07:08 AM

Not all of us have our cars in the garage for winter...:D

46stang 01-13-2003 10:38 AM

Dark_5.0: Thanks! there was very little traffic as it was around lunch hour! And it doesn't take very long at all to reach 130, and i quickly slowed back to 70ish mph. I hardly ever street race but he wouldn't get off my butt!

20LbsBoost: Yes that was on my street tires, my mph is a little higher than yours;) I have slicks now so new times are coming soon! as for the dyno numbers it was before the my cai. and the drop in k&N was robbing some hp! it's probably about the same though?

The Deuce: how is it going? good i hope! I was actually on the 118frwy! but still not much traffic at all! I'm hoping i can get to carlsbad by the end of this month to the beginning of feb., or when ever they get insurance!! I'll let you know and we can meet there again!

BLACK85GT: :D :D

venumus93 01-13-2003 06:22 PM

sunny & 70 degrees!

Quote:

Originally posted by BLACK85GT
Not all of us have our cars in the garage for winter...:D
..DITTO! And it will be 58degrees & sunny for the Funday Sunday this Sunday in Orlando! Woo-Hoo!