MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-30-2001, 11:15 PM   #1
bstang46
Registered Member

Post I have to admit it..........

I have to admit it guys. I got beat by a LS1. I raced him just the other night on a old country road that alot of people race on. I will say this he didnt get me till 3/4 way of the race. I have to also have to say i was spinning sideways 60 foot down the road. He got me by about a link and half at the end. Oh yeah it was a SS 01. But give him about 6 months and we will try it again

------------------
bstang
bstang46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2001, 12:36 AM   #2
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Damn dude, that sucks. Oh well, 6mo from now you may have a couple little tweeks added that will result in the unbeatable LS1's defeat.

Heh.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2001, 12:42 AM   #3
rbatson

He beat you by a car and a half?? Why, that's .15 in the quarter. Get some tires that hook up better and practice your launch and shifting. I think that's all you need to beat him..
Old 10-01-2001, 09:13 AM   #4
bstang46
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rbatson:
He beat you by a car and a half?? Why, that's .15 in the quarter. Get some tires that hook up better and practice your launch and shifting. I think that's all you need to beat him..
Well i cant do much about the shifting because it is an automatic. Lauch is pretty good, i got him out of the hole but those cars are hell on the top end. Well i am stuck with the sorry Goodyears that came on the car for now.

------------------
bstang
Old 10-01-2001, 12:52 PM   #5
mustang marty gt

Lightbulb

hey bstang do you have the 17 inchor bigger wheels if so iknow what you mean about the goodyear's they flat out suck when i get the buck's i am switching iv'e already switched one out due to a blow out, hate to say but i put a jap tire on the lr it hook's up better and was half the price ,already had two blowout's with the blimpey's they are not impressive.good luck

------------------
Old 10-01-2001, 01:28 PM   #6
bstang46
Registered Member

hahaha, those are the ones. I will not get another goodyear. I am trying to find another set of tires but dont know which ones i want. If you have any suggestions let me now. If you also now the mileage for the tires let me now that too. The Jap tires are the best. Hush, dont tell anyone though
Old 10-01-2001, 01:30 PM   #7
bada$$lx

Cool

The new SS' and WS6's are MEAN stockers. I wouldn't really sweat the loss too much.....if you weren't sideways for the 60', you might've won. I've only raced one three times, lost once when I sat and spun for about 2 seconds. It's not like you lost to a Z28 !

------------------
'90 LX 5.0;12K original miles;FMS 3.55 gears; March pulleys;Edelbrock Performer Heads;BBK 1 5/8" equal length shorties;MSD 6AL ignition w/ blaster 2 coil;FMS E303 cam;Pro-M 75mm MAF;BBK 70mm TB; Eibach drag-launch spring kit;Southside weld-on subs;9" K&N cone filter charger;Hurst shifter;Cervini 3" turbo hood;A/C delete;gutted cats;2 chamber Flomasters;Corbeau racing seats;FMS 30# injectors;JMS custom chip;Holley 190lb fp;TFS track heat intake (12.299 @ 113mph w/ a 1.78 60')
....soon to be b
Old 10-01-2001, 02:52 PM   #8
mustang marty gt

Thumbs up

hey bstang i was kinda in a tight spot on my way to indy, for the brickyard all they had was a khumo it has a wide rain groove in the middle of the tread & does great in the rain when my badyear on the right start's spining the trac control switches over to the left & it grabs & goes i forget who told me, i think it is www.tirerack .com good tire's & cheap price. good luck

------------------
Old 10-01-2001, 04:19 PM   #9
CAMARO GUY
Registered Member

fyi: Z28's are no slower than the SS.

Quote:
Originally posted by bada$$lx:
The new SS' and WS6's are MEAN stockers. I wouldn't really sweat the loss too much.....if you weren't sideways for the 60', you might've won. I've only raced one three times, lost once when I sat and spun for about 2 seconds. It's not like you lost to a Z28 !

CAMARO GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2001, 10:53 PM   #10
bstang46
Registered Member

Camaro Guy, I really dont think that the Z28 is just as fast as the SS. You might be right, but it isnt as quick as the SS. Anyways my point is that the SS is a couple tenths of a second quicker than the Z28 in all categories.

------------------
bstang
Old 10-01-2001, 11:24 PM   #11
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Actually, most of the GM dudes stand behind the idea that the Z28 and the SS run right next to each other. The SS has stiffer suspension or some BS like that making launching harder.

I really think a guy who knows how to drive should be able to pull a couple more tenths out of an SS though.

Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2001, 09:06 AM   #12
89mustang
Registered Member

Well,

Supposedly the fastest car in my town is a 97 SS with a 100 shot, i dunno what it runs but ive heard it will beat just about anything it gets near, no i havent been beside it yet, but i doubt i could hang with him, because all i have is the supercharger, nothing done to the motor itself. but yeah those SS's are FAST

------------------
My car: 1989 Ford Mustang LX, 5.0, Paxton NOVI 1000 Supercharger, K&N filter...working on more stuff.

" FRIENDS DONT LET FRIENDS DRIVE IMPORTS!"
89mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2001, 01:50 PM   #13
bada$$lx

Cool

See that....you throw a compliment to a brand x guy and he tries to show you up by telling you you're wrong on facts. Oh well. Anyway, I've driven both (Z28 and SS) and raced both, and the SS should be about .3-.5 faster in the 1/4. To me, if I get beat by 3-5 car lenghts (.3-.5), I'm not JUST AS FAST as the person who's tail lights I saw.

------------------
'90 LX 5.0;12K original miles;FMS 3.55 gears; March pulleys;Edelbrock Performer Heads;BBK 1 5/8" equal length shorties;MSD 6AL ignition w/ blaster 2 coil;FMS E303 cam;Pro-M 75mm MAF;BBK 70mm TB; Eibach drag-launch spring kit;Southside weld-on subs;9" K&N cone filter charger;Hurst shifter;Cervini 3" turbo hood;A/C delete;gutted cats;2 chamber Flomasters;Corbeau racing seats;FMS 30# injectors;JMS custom chip;Holley 190lb fp;TFS track heat intake (12.299 @ 113mph w/ a 1.78 60')
....soon to be b
Old 10-02-2001, 10:46 PM   #14
rbatson

Quote:
Originally posted by 89mustang:
Well,

Supposedly the fastest car in my town is a 97 SS with a 100 shot, i dunno what it runs but ive heard it will beat just about anything it gets near, no i havent been beside it yet, but i doubt i could hang with him, because all i have is the supercharger, nothing done to the motor itself. but yeah those SS's are FAST

I wish I lived in your town.. ROFL

Old 10-03-2001, 10:24 AM   #15
CAMARO GUY
Registered Member

see what. I drive a Z28 so I see no compliment. more like an insult.

Quote:
Originally posted by bada$$lx:
See that....you throw a compliment to a brand x guy and he tries to show you up by telling you you're wrong on facts. Oh well. Anyway, I've driven both (Z28 and SS) and raced both, and the SS should be about .3-.5 faster in the 1/4. To me, if I get beat by 3-5 car lenghts (.3-.5), I'm not JUST AS FAST as the person who's tail lights I saw.

Old 10-03-2001, 01:05 PM   #16
bada$$lx

See this.....compliment or insult, take it anyway you want, but a fact's a fact, and I don't know too many people who'd agree that with you that a stock Z28 and a stock SS are equally as fast. Unless you're talking about one of those "freak" Z28's ! Sorry to crush your ego.

------------------
....soon to be b
Old 10-03-2001, 01:20 PM   #17
CAMARO GUY
Registered Member

Don't worry about my ego unlike others mine is not based on what kind of car I drive. But to be honest a SS might be a slight bit faster but not enough to notice. I only said that because the post I was responding to said at least it wasn't a z28 like they are far inferior to the mighty ss thats all I was debating. so sorry if me saying that offended anyone. I don't want to come off as being a dick cause really I am not.
Old 10-04-2001, 09:09 AM   #18
89mustang
Registered Member

Just wanted to say that i hold nothing against any car make model type or otherwise, okay so im not in love with imports but that is just me, but as for american muscle cars, hey anything is good for me, i mean i owned a 3rdgen firebird for a few years so I love both GM and Ford muscle, just personally i prefer the blue oval version, i think its all just a matter of preference, thats just my $0.02
89mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2001, 01:20 PM   #19
bada$$lx

Cool

It's all good Camaro Guy.....I don't think you're a di@k at all, it's always nice to see and hear GM guys on this site for there input/feedback. I'm actually an ex-GM guy myself....started off in this game in '86 w/ a Monte SS

------------------
....soon to be b
Old 10-04-2001, 04:36 PM   #20
onefastlx420
Registered Member

yeah i just wanted to say my friend has a 99 z28 with a six speed and about 2 months ago i was driving when a brand new ss pulls up beside us it still had paper plate but any way we went to a road and i raced him it was all stock and my buddies only has flows and i beat him by half a car length to 120 but in the ss's defense the guy could not drive it very good he spun like hell of the line and still maintained so in my personal opinion the ss's are a tad faster and if i would have been in the ss my buddies z28 would of been taost for sure

------------------
89lx cocaine white,cobra wing/emblems,chrome 18in cobra r's/nitto xtremes, gt40 longblock from ccm,forged pistons,f303,1.6 rockers,performer rpm intake,70mm tb,75mm bullet,bbk fenderwell induction,24#inj,190l pump,bbk fuel pressure regulator,140amp alt,msd ignition/disributor,aluminum 3 row radiator,bbk shorty's,off road h pipe,flowmasters,king cobra clutch,world class t-5,3.73's,strut tower brace,subframe connectors
onefastlx420 is offline   Reply With Quote