View Single Post
Old 05-26-2001, 03:07 AM   #1
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Unhappy I Lost my first race in my 2000 GT

NOOOOOOOOOOOO......It happened, I lost my first race in my 2000 GT tonight. Well kinda, the other guys said I won, but I think I lost. Man this sucks.

I've beaten LT-1 Camaros, Firebirds, Roush's, an LS-1 auto, a few Cobras, turbo charged Rice thingies..BUt I lost too.........A damn 2000 GT Auto Convertible.

AARRGGHHHHHHHH. There was even two people in the Convert and only one of me.

See what you all think, I consider this a loss, but they said I won. I saw a New Stang GT convert so I caught up with him and the light up a head changed to red. The passenger looks over and says "Well lookie there, its another 2000 GT. I give you permision man." The driver then stepped on the gas, I knew at that point they wanted to race. The light turns and We take off.

The intersection has a butt load of ruts and bumps, and all I do is break traction and kick the rear squirly. He gains like 2 car lengths on me before i catch traction a third of the way into second. I quickly start pulling on him FAST. By trhe end of third I'm dead even with him. Then this damn Explorer pulls out infront of me up a head. So I let off, then he lets off.

We pull over and talk for about 20 minutes. they were cool guys. Turns out its a Automatic to boot. I asked the guy driving if he let off any at all during the race. He said he didnt, all he knew was that he looked in his rearview and saw me coming up Fast as hell, and he couldnt do anything about it. They said I won because I would of easily passed them if the Explorer had not of pulled out up ahead.

I asked him if he wanted to run again and he shook his head no, he said he'd know I would win.

Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote