MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Stang Stories (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   I must have the fastest car in town... (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=21085)

Jeb_Bush_2000 03-22-2002 11:35 PM

I must have the fastest car in town...

...'cause there's no action around here. Not even F-bodies to pick on. Just slow-*** imports. Not even real ricers, just stupid kids in economy cars that think they're fast. :(

Case in point: I was cruising around tonight, killing time. At a light, an older Maxima pulls up half a car length behind me. I didn't think too much of it, but the kid has one of those stainless steel spoilers, and neon everywhere. I mean, all over the interior, on the license plate frames, under the car, in the back window...everywhere. I wasn't even thinking he was going to run, but the light changed and he stood on it. I pulled away like a mature adult (:p) and followed him onto the highway. He merged and headed for the center lane. I stayed to the right and lined up with him...he got into it and literally pulled about a foot before I reeled him back in. I hit 5th at 80-something and backed off. I couldn't tell which car was his in my mirror. I wish I could say it was funny, but it was just sad. That neon stuff is expensive, too. Imagine how badly I could have killed him if I put that $500 into my engine. :rolleyes:

bobtodd 03-23-2002 01:02 AM

Sounds like my town....boring as hell. Not much for stop light races.

HondaSpanker 03-23-2002 02:34 AM

Come to portland Oregon, Enough rice to feed the world...:rolleyes:

Nitrous Al 03-23-2002 11:39 AM

What town are you in Jeb? I'll race you in my '83 Bronco 4x4. :D Just give me ten cars and the bust. :D My Mustang is still waiting for an engine. At this rate, I won't be done until fall. A couple of weekends ago when it was almost 60 degrees, there were a few Camaros and Mustangs out. Once it gets warmer, everyone will be out looking for a race.

Jeb_Bush_2000 03-23-2002 03:10 PM

I'm over in Avon, Al.

I used to know everyone with a quick car, but they're all off at school. The cammed Firebird, the Supercoupe with a shift kit, the Ferrari 512...all gone. ;)

[edit]Oh yeah, and my friend put his Dakota R/T into a guardrail. Now he drives a Lumina.[/edit]

Nitrous Al 03-23-2002 10:39 PM

Jeb, drive down to Taunton. There's always a few Mustangs riding around the town looking for a race.

StoplightWarrior 03-24-2002 01:43 AM

There are some FAST cars in my town, just nowhere to run em. I've run into Vipers, Ferraris, a legit AC cobra, three different 01-02 M5's, M3's galore, etc etc. I get involved in decent runs all the time. But, like I said, they're short and sweet cause there's really only one good road at all near me. I think it is more frusterating to pull up next to a nice car, but not be able to race than to never see them around at all. At least you're the top dog around your neighborhood.

67GTACoupe 03-28-2002 12:10 PM

Sup All,

Its like that here too, only things that want to race are the little rice rockets, and lifted trucks, there is a early 90's Ferrari in town but that guy will never race and you have to occasional viper, but like Stoplightwarrior said no places to race

Steven

joe4speed 03-28-2002 01:36 PM

LOL Everyone races here, But only when I have the Olds. LOL