View Single Post
Old 03-22-2002, 11:35 PM   #1
Jeb_Bush_2000
Registered Member

Unhappy I must have the fastest car in town...

...'cause there's no action around here. Not even F-bodies to pick on. Just slow-*** imports. Not even real ricers, just stupid kids in economy cars that think they're fast.

Case in point: I was cruising around tonight, killing time. At a light, an older Maxima pulls up half a car length behind me. I didn't think too much of it, but the kid has one of those stainless steel spoilers, and neon everywhere. I mean, all over the interior, on the license plate frames, under the car, in the back window...everywhere. I wasn't even thinking he was going to run, but the light changed and he stood on it. I pulled away like a mature adult () and followed him onto the highway. He merged and headed for the center lane. I stayed to the right and lined up with him...he got into it and literally pulled about a foot before I reeled him back in. I hit 5th at 80-something and backed off. I couldn't tell which car was his in my mirror. I wish I could say it was funny, but it was just sad. That neon stuff is expensive, too. Imagine how badly I could have killed him if I put that $500 into my engine.

R.I.P. 05/30/02

"I've seen some crazy stuff in my life, but that...was...AWESOME!!! Oh, sorry about your car, man."
Jeb_Bush_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote