MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-17-2002, 09:57 PM   #1
Eric4Nitrous
Registered Member

Angry Guy in Town talking smack behind my back

Don't know if you guys remember a while back i raced that Mystic Colored Vortech'd stang..well he's been talking junk about my car behind my back. Alot of people in town were telling me that the only reason i won was because my car was so light I see him at the store this afternoon and ask him about it..and he acts like he doesn't even know what i'm talking about?? So i say ok..well later on this evenign me and Ashley went to the DQ for some ice cream. One of the guys in town that hangs out spots me and says man He's over their talking trash again about your car. Man, i beat that cat fair and square and he's gotta hate on me like that??
Eric4Nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2002, 10:03 PM   #2
Godslayer
Registered Member

Thumbs down ....

I couldn't give a rats @ss if someone talked crap about me. Everyone who saw the race knows who has the faster car. Sounds to me like he has a self-esteem problem that he needs to bolster
Old 07-17-2002, 10:09 PM   #3
Eric4Nitrous
Registered Member

It doesn't bother me that much..what bothers me is that me and this guy were friends at one time. Even after the race I shook his hand and congratulated him. I admire anyone who will race me. Now he goes behind my back and starts dissin on me?? nah..not gonna work with me.
Old 07-17-2002, 10:11 PM   #4
mean81GT
Registered Member

Radical,
Ummmm. Hmmmph. Looking at your sig, what guy can possibly talk smack about a Pro 5.0 ride that runs 200 MPH traps, and is about to break into the 6's? I say you ignore him, and say hey to us next time you're interviewed by a Mustang rag. Doesn't matter which one, we read em all.
Old 07-17-2002, 10:37 PM   #5
Eric4Nitrous
Registered Member

Mean81GT i will definately give a shout out to you guys..thanks for the compliments.
Old 07-17-2002, 11:24 PM   #6
Stroked408
Registered Member

Thumbs up Who Are You????

you know I follow Mustang drag racing pretty close for oh like the last 15 years,Radical what is your name if I may ask? I know of only a few people running Glidden gear,Derrick Smith,Walt McIntyre,Kurt Neighbor,and Bruce Hemmiger,I would just like to know who you are,it is obvious you are running a Pro class with 420 inches of Glidden magic under the hood and damn near 200mph.

Launch Harder

Go Faster
Stroked408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 12:53 AM   #7
69fastback
IRAQ VET

What a jerk off. I really can't stand people like that. I quess he couldn't handle the fact you whiped his butt. I don't see why people need to do that to make themselves feel better. I would just ignore the guy and let him say whatever. Or just go give him another but whipin and make sure everyone is there to watch.
91 GT
69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 01:31 AM   #8
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

I can't even fathom why he even thinks he can keep up with you at all......hummm.....blown street stang vs 1700hp all out race car....wow you won BIG surpise. Sounds like someone pissed in this guys gene pool.

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 02:12 AM   #9
The Deuce
Registered Member

Just ask him how much extra weight he wants you to put in the car to even things up. Maybe suggest letting his girlfriend/wife/mother/sister, whatever female he holds dear in the car alluding to the fact that she's so fat it would more than cover any weight issue.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 02:14 AM   #10
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Thumbs down waht an arse!!!!!!!!!!!

Who gives a flying fk how much your car weighs???? It could weigh 4K and you'd prolly still spank him! I'd take it w/ a grain of salt Eric...he's just JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! U got a BADAs$ car!!!!!!!!!!!! Dont let that sht get you down!
TNT

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 07:54 AM   #11
Stroked408
Registered Member

Default No Offense

Ok,
I am somewhat putting the puzzle together,I take your name is Eric,and you drive an 89 GT Pro car.

What NMRA races have you qualified for this year? Mostly all the NMRA cars that run Pro 5.0 are the new generation body style.

So once again please what is your whole name? The only Fox body style car I have seen at NMRA Pro 5.0 was the black former Bennett car that Chuck Samuels drove at Columbus for Glidden while his car was getting the roof repaired.

So one more time what event have you qualified at,and what is your last name?

I am just asking not giving you a hard time.

Launch Harder

Go Faster
Old 07-18-2002, 09:18 AM   #12
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Stroked408: Though I think you're sincerely asking a question (hence the no offense) I fail to see the significance of it. His last name or racing position, has NO bearing on the thread topic, and will not help you "figure out" how FAST his car is Perhaps if you posted more often, you'd know that Eric just broke into the class, and isn't one of your seasoned big names.

Radical:

I have grown to not like Steve either. He was a really cool guy when I first met him, but the last time Matt and I were at Williamson Road, he was trying to set up a sham race with my friends nearly stock 2001 GT, and trying to lie and say he didnt have a blower. Well guess who was the first to spill the beans ( I later found out just about everyone did!)

Steve was trying to race for money and not only being WAY dishonest about it, he basically insulted everyone's intelligence by trying to pass off his cobra as a NA car. If any of you condone that type of behavior, good for you. I know in street racing you never give a full 'rap sheet of your mods, but to try and trick someone like that, **** that. That ain't a sport, that's cheatin.

Regardless, I lost alot of respect for him that day, and on other days when he would talk up a storm of ****, then make excuses and go home. Come to think of it, I've NEVER seen the guy race?! All of my other VA Stanger buddies have raced at one time or another (including me, don't ask if I won!!), except Steve! How intriguing...

Anyways, don't listen to that ***. Let him spew his BS, everyone round those parts basically knows what kind of a person he is.
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 12:09 PM   #13
Eric4Nitrous
Registered Member

Stroked408 The car itself has been in the process for a long time. The car has a Mike Duffy Chassis..etc etc. I contacted Billy about three years ago to build a Super Street Motor for me..at the time I was gonna make the car a 10.5 car. But plans changed..so I decided to build a Pro 5.0 spec car. That's when i contacted Billy. He said he could build me a 418 which was the same motor that he was building at the time. I agreed..and botta boom it was in the car running at local tracks around my area. Well the car had a pretty bad nitrous backfire so I send the motor back up to him and Had him go a little "bigger". The result is the 420 i have in the car now. I haven't made any NMRA races as of yet. I'm debating on just debuting the car at the NMRA world finals at Bowling green and making some passes. Or go on a full schedule and race all the NMRA races next year. I'm leaning towards next year because i don't have any sponsorship this year. I understand if it was confusing to you. If you don't believe me that's fine. MustangBelle..Steve is the kind of person you grow to hate. He's one of the cockiest people i have ever met. I didn't know that you knew him. So now you know how much of an ignorant ***** he is
Old 07-18-2002, 12:57 PM   #14
MidNiteBlu 5.0
I got something to say

That guy sounds like a complete jerk off. I wouldnt worry about it though because i am pretty sure every knows your car would dust the crap out of his

It is sad that some people have to do **** like that.

Later,
Nick
1987 Toyota Pickup
Ricer Haters Club Member #33

Want a custom gauge cluster for your Vintage Mustang?
www.jmeenterprises.com
MidNiteBlu 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 01:25 PM   #15
Ackbar00
Rebel Fleet Commander

Let me get this straight. SC 96 Cobra vs. Pro 5.0 car? And this guy is mad because? Radical... this guy is just plain stupid. Id say avoid him at all cost because it might be bad for your image to be near such a fucck up!

11.25@123.5 on only 8 psi.
10.84@121 on only 1 headgasket

"The Truth is, Your the Weak, and I am the Tyranny of Evil Men!"

Ackbar00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 03:02 PM   #16
HORSEMEN RACING
Registered Member

Default Pro car vs 96 SC Cobra......Why?

I am reading this and trying to figure out why would you even waste your time? You have a Glidden engine in your car,which probably cost between 35-50k and you were racing a car that does not even cost more than your engine?

Why would you even bother with imbecile unless you spotted him 12 car length's?

Last but not least I follow NMRA and FFW and I seen no harm in the questions that were ask,I do not think the other guy or lady was being funny or testing your integrity he or she was just asking a simple question,and no I do not post on here a lot myself just because people think that since they have this amount of post they are the cat's meow,only a few things get on my nerves and that is one of them.

"there are 5,000 Army troops sitting on their butts doing nothing,while 2 companies of Marines are securing this island" spoken by a Army General on the Isle of Grenada in 1983
HORSEMEN RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 03:56 PM   #17
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

I agree that Radical should not even worry himself over this guy.

I was getting a little huffy over the questions because that is the SECOND post within the thread from the same person, and was completely unrelated to the topic. If the topic had been "How can I perform better in the Pro 5.0 class?" I can understand why he would be so admant about his questions. I don't know, I suppose I'm just overprotective

As for the post count, I don't think anyone really cares. But if there is someone with a REALLY low number that isn't even helping out in a thread, I tend to assume they don't have the board's "best interests" in mind
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 08:38 PM   #18
Stroked408
Registered Member

Thumbs up Signature

Ok,
let's take a minute here to chill out,only reason I asked the question was I seen the signature,and I was curious who you are Radical I did not mean any offense.

When I seen your signature,and the 420 CID Glidden bullet it just raised some curiousity,because as you know there are a lot of people that come on these message boards that are phoney's.

For instance on AOHell in the Ford vs Chevy chatroom it was a guy in there that claimed to build Pro 5.0 cars,I aksed him what is the E.T range of a 25.1D chassis and he could not answer it(by the way it is 9.99-7.50) so of course he was found out to be a phoney.

I mean no harm,I just wanted to know before I started PM'ing you asking you what it was like to have Glidden build an engine,and does he do it for anyone. That's all,I am sure for the money he would be build an engine for the space shuttle.

I have a racers best interest in mind Drag Racing was here long before the internet,and hope it will outlast the internet,so hopefully that clears the air.

Launch Harder

Go Faster
Old 07-18-2002, 09:41 PM   #19
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

hahaha, i can take you in my 2k gt anyday, pal i wouldnt evem worry about someone you smoked talking crap, just tell him your crew chief has the result's, heheh, let's rock. lol

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2002, 02:02 AM   #20
Skyman
I need 110mph Trap Speed!

Do you really think he was talking smack? If I recall didnt something happen during the race when you two raced? And it was kinda close, cuz you got a bad R/T Or something? I dont really remember, but I thought there was something about that.

He wasnt sayin he beat you and he wasnt sayin anything bad about your car I dont think, saying its light.

People would say that all the time around here w/ their old muscle cars when I would beat em in my car. It kinda pissed me off at fist, but its just an excuse, its not really dissing you .

Skyler

RIP
----
1993 Notch w/ 98 4V 4.6 Fasttt...

-1989 Saleen Mustang #406-
12.32@109

-1999 Black Cobra Coupe-
JBA Shorties, Bassani Cat-X, Magnaflow 3", Pulleys, 85mm Pro-M, Ported Intake, Soild Rear w/ 4.30s, Tubular Front End, X2C arms, 13lb batt, few others.
Skyman is offline   Reply With Quote