MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-25-2002, 06:23 PM   #1
teachme
Registered Member

Talking I Need Some Help

Hello this is my first time posting on this board and I finally have a little bit of money so I want to get started on a mustang of my own. I would like to know how much it would cost me to get a pretty fast mustang. Do you all rebuild your engines? If so how much would I be lookin at. Thank you i just need this info too see whether i could afford this car or not. And i don't want to settle for a stock car... what is the point, right? My friend just rebuilt a civic and he's talking a lot. My ears hurt so I need to shut him up please help me. I've been in love with mustangs ever since junior high. Someday ill be able to jump over my friends civic haha j/k. I appreciate any help you guys can throw my way, and i hope to learn a lot from this msgboard.
Old 05-26-2002, 08:28 PM   #2
91GTturbo
Registered Member

Your going to have to give us a little more information to work with. How much of a budget to you have to work with? Are you looking for a newer body style with a modular motor or a fox body with a 5.0 in it? And how fast are you wanting to run? Do you want a car with a manual or automatic transmission? Are you wanting to remain N/A or do you want to run a power adder?

Unless your buddy spent alot, and I mean alot of cash on his honda, like adding a turbo, it's not going to take much, if any to shut him up with a mustang.

Will be glad to get you going in the right direction.
Old 05-26-2002, 11:07 PM   #3
teachme
Registered Member

i want the old boxy 5.0 right now and i want manual transmission. I don't want a supercharger right now. I want it to be a car that i can drive around everyday but something that also has enough power to pass up most normal rice cars. I really am a newbie to this whole thing so im not really sure what i want. i would like some suggestions and my budget i would say is about 10 grand right now and i want to keep adding to the car slowly. what is good to start out with? do most of you guys have totally rebuilt engines?
Old 05-26-2002, 11:50 PM   #4
KiltedBanshees93GT
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by teachme
I want it to be a car that i can drive around everyday but something that also has enough power to pass up most normal rice cars.
I got news for you, buy a stock 5.0 and you'll be able to do that
I think the picture says it all, LOL

If you have 10k to drop into a 5.0 you can have a pretty nice ride to start with. Is the 10k including the price of the car?

J
Attached Images
File Type: jpg camry_18sec.jpg (30.6 KB, 19 views)
KiltedBanshees93GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2002, 12:41 AM   #5
teachme
Registered Member

haha funny link. yea 10k including price of the car. and also wut kind of mileage do you guys get? also if you can give me some links to sites with good prices on parts so i can start lookin around. thanx for any help you guys give me
Old 05-27-2002, 12:44 AM   #6
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Do this:

Pick up a clean 87-93 LX 5.0

Add some 3.73 gears,
headers, offroad Hpipe, catback,
underdrive pulleys, 65mm throttle body and a cold air intake.
Slap on some drag radials, learn to drive the hell out of it. You won't lose to rice very often. All things considered, that shouldnt set you back more than 5-6 grand. Best of luck to you!

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Cofounder of Raccoon Racing
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: