MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-24-2003, 01:05 PM   #1
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Cool I raced a Ferrari Enzo today!

Yesterday, I'd been working on my car ('92 GT) replacing a lot of the black wire conduits with blue and dressing up the engine (no chrome though). Then, this morning a friend, he's got a '93 Honda Civic Hatchback with a VTec-S (and yes I know for sure it has a -S VTec b/c I saw the sticker on his car, so don't even try to dispute this--- you will lose), called me and suggested we go cruising. BTW, he runs 12s in the 1/4 on a bone stock motor N/A full stock interior and he's beaten just about every Mustang (except mine, of course ) He's been doing some major mods to his car lately (like CAI, split fire sparks, and cutting his springs) and the car was down for the weekend (he'll be doing 11s soon) so he asked to just ride with me. I stopped by his house at about 11 am and after he introduced me to his his dad's boyfriend, we decided to head to Barnes and Nobles to get some cliffnotes for the epic he was supposed to read for his test on Monday (he never reads the crap he's assigned to read in school--- he's a real REBEL ).

After leaving Barnes and Nobles, as we were cruising down one of the major roads, I noticed this weird looking car coming towards me in the traffic in the opposite direction. I pointed it out to my friend and was like "what is that?" He was like "I don't know looks like the new RSX". That's kinda what I thought it was until it got real close. My idiot friend screams out "Ooohh that's a lamborghini" I was like, "No, you idiot, that's the new bright and shiny red Ferrari Enzo!!!!!" It passed us with a European rumble just barely heard over my V8 American power. The driver of the Enzo and I both starred at each other as we passed and I saw in my sideview mirror that he had to brake quickly b/c he almost hit some one (dang buddy, I know my car looks good, but you better look where you're driving). Sure glad I got the flows put on. He had to be intimidated. Little did he know, that was just the beginning....

...."I'm going" I said to my friend. "Let's do it," he replies. I do a quick U-turn right in the middle of traffic and this guy in a broke down Dodge van has to swerve not to hit me and this other woman in piece of crap V6 Mustang gives me the finger (who cares, go buy yourself a real car... ) I was just too fast and furious for them to handle...

I caught up the Enzo in less then a minute, b/c traffic was light. I cruised behind him for about 3 minutes and he kept looking back in his rear and side view mirrors. You could tell he was nervous. Then, I got up real close to the tail end of his car so he knew it was on. Then BAM, the light up ahead turns yellow. I gun it up beside him and we both catch the red light and he doesn't even look over. I'm on the left and he's in the right lane. I have to tell the truth, the car did sound sweet for a European car and I was a little nervous... I mean this is a $500k car that I was about to race. My friend was sitting there beside me just giggling like a little japanese school girl and I was like "Hey you dolt, quit sniggling.... I need to hear my car."

It seemed like an eternity as the light stayed solid red for about 2 minutes. In the meantime, I threw him a couple of revs to let him know that it was on and there was no way he could back out of it. He finally looked over at me and gave me this look (looked like a "you prick" look, but I think it was more of a "Oh, please don't hurt me look"--- my friend agrees with me, so...). He throws back a huge rev. I was beginning to think, "Hmmm, seems like this guys has got some backbone afterall". SO it was definitely on. Only a few seconds.... We see the lights about to turn (b/c the other light perpendicular to us was turned red. We both revved it high and waited...... Our cars sounded really sweet in unison.

3.............2.............1..............BAM! Light turns green, I launch at 4000 rpms, slipping the clutch, with a LITTLE spin. He launches pretty much at the exact same time and immediately jumps a half of car length ahead of me. Adrenaline shot through me as I feared defeat. Rpms rose to 5300 and I flawlessly powershift into 2nd gaining back the 1/2 car length. Then we are dead even and rpms rise to 5600 and BAM, another flawless powershift into 3rd jumping at least a 1.5 carlengths ahead of the Enzo. I took it all the way up to 6300 rpm this time in 3rd to build all potential horsepower of the stock Ford intake. By the end of 3rd gear, the Enzo had to be at least 2 to 3 car lengths behind us still trying his best (my friend swares it was about 5 car lengths, but I wanna make sure I'm telling this story accurately, b/c I'm a very honest person who never lies...). I powershift like I said at 6300 and put about 5-7 car lengths on the Enzo. He had no chance. I looked down at my speedo and WOW, I was at about 120 mph... better slow down YEeehawww. I beat the Enzo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it (well I kinda can cause my car is really fast... my friend even says my car is really fast)

After the race, I pulled into the local BP gas station and the Enzo follows me. The guy pulls up to me and asks me what I got under the hood. We started talking and he can't believe he just got beat by a stock 1992 Mustang GT. "Hey, that's just Ford quality" I said. WE talked some more about cars and he was talking about how my car was fast. He showed me his engine and it looked cool. "Wanna drive it?" he asked me. "No thanks," I replied. "I gotta go cruising for my next victim... maybe that Viper GTS that I've been seeing around here every once in a while." I knew what he really wanted, he wanted to drive my car, but I didn't want him to.
I don't like people driving my car (except for my friend).

Well, as unbelievable as it is, this is a true story and any of you that don't like it, you can just race me and I'll beat you too. It's all about how you drive and the secrets of small engine mods and the 5.0 HO. IF you don't know, then you betta ask somebody. Screw you all!

Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;
14 x 4” K&N X-stream air filter.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video
Stock 5.0L, 2-chamber Flowmasters, MAC CAI, Tri-Ax, Al pedals...

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2003, 06:02 PM   #2
Rev
Registered Member

Default Good story!

I'll bet your friend in the '93 Civic could have nailed the Enzo's azz as well, LOL.

Rev

O.B.C. #2

'66 coupe
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2003, 06:15 PM   #3
ac97gt
Registered Member

i cant believe you passed up a chance to cruise in the enzo! thats hot dude. that guy could cruise my stang as long as he wants, if im in the enzo . nice kill and great story.

oh yeah, lol, if your friend spanked him with the 93 civic he probably would have sold his car. i know i would have.

what kind of numbers are these enzo's putting up? just guessing, low 13s? or are they even faster than that?

Flowmasters
Bassani X w/cats
Steeda Triax
K&N and Air Intake Silencer Removed
More to come with money!

My Ride
ac97gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2003, 06:22 PM   #4
Jaegermeister2k
Registered Member

It's a 6 liter v12,it makes 660 hp but only 485 tq and weighs about 3000 pounds.I dunno the numbers but it shouldn't be that bad.But i could think of ALOT better ways to spend 650.000 grand.
Jaegermeister2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2003, 07:30 PM   #5
Cliff92Z
Registered Member

Very nice story...felt like iwas in the car with you. you say its an Enzo eh? Sure about that? Know what year it was?

Like Jaegermeister2k said, that Ferrari pumps out 660hp from a V-12 block. Not to mention it has a top seed of 200+mph and run's the 1/4 in low 11s. I gotta think twice...

Either he's not experienced handling that type of power or it was given to you

I hear your story but....check the facts. Something's not right. Ford builds some strong engine but a stock 92 GT with free mods killing an Enzo? hmm...

Tell us your outcome of the Viper

I take your challenge to race.
Cliff92Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2003, 07:48 PM   #6
Stang_Crazy
It's never clean enough!

For all of you people who think this is a real story.... Where is your sense of humor? It's a JOKE!!!

Well written story! You had me laughing the whole time!

89' GT : Taking up garage space and waiting for a buyer...

Rice Hater's Club - Member #11
Stang_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2003, 08:01 PM   #7
Jaegermeister2k
Registered Member

Was any of those enzo's actually ever sold to someone as a personal car?
Jaegermeister2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2003, 09:20 PM   #8
jonnyk
Being stroked is great

Quote:
Originally posted by Jaegermeister2k
Was any of those enzo's actually ever sold to someone as a personal car?
I doubt they'd be purchased for use as a company car Ferrari's best customers only I would imagine. Car and Driver had one run 11.2 @ 136.

Mods Pics
jonnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2003, 11:52 PM   #9
ac97gt
Registered Member

yup, i feel like an idiot. haha, i just wouldnt have figured he would waste that kind of time to liven the SRC forum, but hey, thanks for the read i still would have taken a ride in the ferrari!

Flowmasters
Bassani X w/cats
Steeda Triax
K&N and Air Intake Silencer Removed
More to come with money!

My Ride
ac97gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 04:24 PM   #10
Stang_Crazy
It's never clean enough!

Quote:
Originally posted by ac97gt
i just wouldnt have figured he would waste that kind of time to liven the SRC forum,
I know!! It's the dead of summer and the SRC forum is S-L-O-W. Where are all the summer kill stories?

89' GT : Taking up garage space and waiting for a buyer...

Rice Hater's Club - Member #11
Stang_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 04:38 PM   #11
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

that's almost as good as the story about my car smoking Billy Glidden's Pro 5.0 ride the other night at the track.

-Josh, aka the tireburner

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 02:30 AM   #12
The Deuce
Registered Member

I have to agree that the only thing funnier than the story was reading the people who thought it was real.

Nice job Fox.

Hows Project Fox coming?

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 09:16 AM   #13
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

I cant believe some of you thought he ws serious
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 09:34 AM   #14
Dave_mustang_50
Registered Member

Thats too funny

Sold 92 Rag Top GT
Procharged & intercooled DSS 331 LC
Holley Systemax 2 Intake, Edelbrock RPM Heads,E 303 ,blow thru air meter, race bypass, 42 pph injectors,65mm tb,1.7 rr, Mac long tube headers w/off road H pipe, Force 2 catback, TKO,Pro 5.0, K&N, Alum DS,3 core radiator, subframe connectors,3.73`s, Nitto DR`s and a Heavy Foot.
Dave_mustang_50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 01:17 AM   #15
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Quote:
Originally posted by Dark_5.0
I cant believe some of you thought he ws serious
Yeah, it's amazing in't it?

Hmmm 13 replies... Good. Can't say I didn't try .

Deuce, Project Fox is on "hold" (NOT aborted!!). Stinkin school got in the way..... stupid education. j/k. Well, I'll be going to grad school soon for my Ph.D. in Chemistry (organic synthesis or polymer science). So I've had to make the necessary preparatory arrangements such as buying my new '92 GT 5-speed in April of 2003 so I'd have a good, dependable piece of transporation and saving some money. That took a chunk (financially) out of the project. And then, not to mention the upcoming 4-5 year interlude . I did finish stripping out and redoing (patching, my own custom rear seat delete, etc, etc) 90% of the interior and putting in a 6-point cage. Yep, Project Fox has been creeping along for what, the past uh...... 5 years.... yes, but still going. Can't really say what I'm gonna do to it b4 school (next fall.... or maybe this winter.....) starts, but you never can tell. Thanks for asking though .

Take care...
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;
14 x 4” K&N X-stream air filter.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video
Stock 5.0L, 2-chamber Flowmasters, MAC CAI, Tri-Ax, Al pedals...

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 12:13 PM   #16
Ackbar00
Rebel Fleet Commander

Default Re: I raced a Ferrari Enzo today!

Quote:
Originally posted by Fox Body
3. I took it all the way up to 6300 rpm this time in 3rd to build all potential horsepower of the stock Ford intake.
That was when I was about to call bullshiit

11.25@123.5 on only 8 psi.
10.84@121 on only 1 headgasket

"The Truth is, Your the Weak, and I am the Tyranny of Evil Men!"

Ackbar00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 08:01 PM   #17
Rev
Registered Member

Default Re: Good story!

Quote:
Originally posted by Rev
I'll bet your friend in the '93 Civic could have nailed the Enzo's azz as well, LOL.

Rev
I would have thought everyone knew it was a "spoof".

Rev

O.B.C. #2

'66 coupe
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 10:33 PM   #18
69fastback
IRAQ VET

TOO DAMN FUNNY!!!!! I can't believe some of you feel for it. LOL
Should have known when he knew his freinds honda had a svtec cuz he saw the sticker. LMAO
91 GT
69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote