MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-05-2002, 11:46 AM   #1
Ackbar00
Rebel Fleet Commander

Default I street raced a cop!

You guys will get a kick out of this as its no ****. I live next to I-75 here in ohio(the land of hwy construction). I am getting onto the hwy in the construction zone and the cars in front of me come to a stop. By the way i am driving the wifes GTP. So right when we start to go this f-250 goes flying around us almost hitting me and the other cars in front of me. Needless to say it really pissed me off so i gun it and get right on his *** and what do i see on his plates.... an FOP badge. Well right when i get on his *** he brake checks me! And this is a ******* cop! so i continue to ride his *** the whole construction zone (about 3 mi) and he brake checks me 6 more times! When the zone ends the hwy goes back to 3 lanes, so i see my chane to pass him and he cuts me off. By now I have had it with this *******. So after clearing some traffic he is in the fast lane with 2 semis in the other, doesnt stop me as i swing on the right of the 2 semis in the emergency lane and pass them all. I swing around to get in front of the truck and brake check his ***. I slow him down to about 45 and he swings around to try to pass me. I just floored it up to around 120 and kept it there till the next exit some 5 miles away. He let off well before then but i was just really pissed. So dont let cops let you think they can beat ya!

11.25@123.5 on only 8 psi.
10.84@121 on only 1 headgasket

"The Truth is, Your the Weak, and I am the Tyranny of Evil Men!"

Ackbar00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2002, 12:00 PM   #2
ReefBlueCoupe
Registered Member

wow, getting brake checked is cool!
Old 04-05-2002, 12:05 PM   #3
Rosco
Registered Member

Default Cops...MY GOD

Yeah, my friends and I have had our slew of problems with these 'ol boys. 2 of my friends were also driving around with me in their cars so we could just have some good old fun on the hwy. We're going along and whatnot, and there's no one around so we start racing. Cars coming up, ok slow down time. We were actually being really safe with everything, which is suprising with my one friend. Anyways, we're getting into other cars and all of a sudden this guy darts into the left lane in front of Kevin ('86 Conquest TSi), and I mean he had to be about 3 inches away from hitting him. So we end up all getting pissed about it and follow the guy for about 10 mins. He actually did this I think about 2 more times in that time period. So we're following him and Kevin is screwing around, ie...riding his ***** and passing him and slowing down and stuff. (told ya he was crazy) Well, ends up this guy stops and we started saying stuff to him about how he almost hit kevin, how bad and dangerous he was driving and everything else. Well no later then 20 secs after we're yelling at this guy, 2 troopers are here. (we were off the hwy at this point) Well ends up this guy was a state trooper off duty (and one bad driver too). All in all we almost got tickets/arrested for harassing a police officer, yada yada yada. They told us they were going to arrest us not for the way we were driving but the way we were *harrassing* the off duty cop and they also said they'd put us in for harassing them, which we actually kinda ignored. Man, some people just pi$$ me off, abusive of power is what I think.
5.0 Conversion, Full Saleen ground effects and spoiler, '94 saleen decal set, '93 Saleen Seats, Black interior from a '93, Steeda quadrant, smog pump delete, a/c delete, Steeda Tri-Ax shifter, '97 rear differential, aluminum driveshaft, 5 lug conversion, '97 rear disc brakes, southside upper and lower control arms, '99 GT Anniversary wheels, flowtech longtubes, flowtech offroad H-pipe, saleen lowering springs, kyb shocks, caster/camber plates
Rosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2002, 12:07 PM   #4
Jeb_Bush_2000
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
wow, getting brake checked is cool!

Y'know what's even cooler? When your wife gets pulled over because her car is a suspected 10-Baker!
Jeb_Bush_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2002, 12:10 PM   #5
ReefBlueCoupe
Registered Member

hahahah
Old 04-05-2002, 01:39 PM   #6
Jeb_Bush_2000
Registered Member

Quote:
We're going along and whatnot, and there's no one around so we start racing.
Quote:
Anyways, we're getting into other cars and all of a sudden this guy darts into the left lane in front of Kevin ('86 Conquest TSi), and I mean he had to be about 3 inches away from hitting him. So we end up all getting pissed about it and follow the guy for about 10 mins.
Quote:
So we're following him and Kevin is screwing around, ie...riding his ***** and passing him and slowing down and stuff.
Quote:
Well, ends up this guy stops and we started saying stuff to him about how he almost hit kevin, how bad and dangerous he was driving and everything else.
Quote:
Man, some people just pi$$ me off, abusive of power is what I think.

If I were you, I would have taken it like a man, apologized, and then thanked the troopers for not ticketing or arresting you. He probably let you follow him to teach you a lesson about road rage.

If I followed every moron who cut me off, I'd never get to where I was going.
Jeb_Bush_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2002, 07:57 PM   #7
96SNAKE
Registered Member

There's a good chance that he wasn't even a cop. That FOP badge can be given to friends and family I think. Not that I don't believe a cop can be an ***** too, it's just that it makes me sleep easier thinking he wasn't.

(96Cobra/softtop- Black&Tan, 3.73,almdrvsht,fancontrl,steeda sbfrmes,r-LCA's&shifter,eibachspgs,KYB's,FR-upper arms,Y2K Cobra R's,pulleys,Bassani X pipe(cats gutted),C&L 80mm,Stage 2 Clutch, polished intake and cam covers etc.. last dyno w/cats on-287rwhp.

93 Ford Probe Gt 4.39 stock gears and K&N (slower but turns)

2001 Green Ninja ZX6R
96SNAKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2002, 07:59 PM   #8
fastang
Registered Member

But when Im in my car...dont gimmie no crap, cuz the slightest thing and I just might SNAP! I got a bad habit.

That cop probably had a cb to call more bacon so your lucky your not in jail! good kill though
old car: 95GT, TFS T.W. heads, Holley Intake, B303 cam, FRPP 30lb injectors, Scorpion 1.6 rollers, 65mm TB, 73mm MAF, BBK Longtubes, Flowmaster cat back, March Pulleys, MSD coil, 9mm wires, Tremec 3550 trans, Pro5.0 shifter,10.5 Motorsport clutch, FMS aluminum driveshaft, weld in subframe connectors. 190lph pump, BBK adj FPR.
fastang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2002, 10:47 PM   #9
PGkelly
Registered Member

call me weird but i don't usually follow someone just because they did something incidental like cut me off....and tailgating someone just because they were driving like an *******? talk about two wrongs don't make a right....

AOL: MCVillain45
PGkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2002, 11:36 PM   #10
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

I had a guy follow me once cause I cut him off.

Me 6 foot 220 #'s solid
him 5ft 5inches 120 #'s

After I got out of the car he didnt have much to say.
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2002, 11:38 AM   #11
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

Sounds like a blast.

--nathan
'91 GT, Coast 347, 9.5:1 compression, full intake, Wolverine 1087 cam, exhaust, Keith Craft ported Windsor Jr. Irons (235 cfm intake, 195 cfm exhaust), AOD, PI 3500 converter, Lentech valve body, 3.73's (4.10's in the works), and Yokohama ES100's out back.

Daily Car: '04 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6MT
silver_pilate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2002, 11:24 PM   #12
stanger8172
Registered Member

LOL silver_pilate! I agree.

Ackbar00,

Take it easy bro, your life isn't worth some dumb crap that happens on the highway.
'91 LX convertible , T-5, Centerforce Dual Friction, MSD Blaster Coil, FR 9MM wires, 13* timing, 1.6rr, ported/polished/milled stock heads, 1.94/1.60 stainless valves, March Performance Pulleys, K&N panel, 1"spacer, BBK shorties, 2 1/2" off road H, Summit 2 1/2" catback
stanger8172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 12:04 AM   #13
Coupe5oh
Registered Member

Yea down here, you would probaly be stopped, maybe even at gun point, and taken to jail for wreckless driving, or unsafe driving, all the road rage we have had, they arent playing around, they have a task force on "aggressive driving" down here.

But it reminds me, one of the times I outran a cop, but didnt know it was a sherriff, he was in a lincon continental, and and was slowly creeping about a mile from my house, i passed him up just minding my own buisness so i dont have to wait,

well all of a sudden i look back and he's 2 inches off my bumper, i wasnt even gonna brake check this mofo, he was looking for a reason to wreck my car, I just dropped a gear and left, I ran my car like i was in "gone and 60 seconds" (back roads) i turned down another street and came to my house from another direction, sat on my front steps and waited for him to drive bye, it was a fat dude talkin on a radio, i was thinking im in big @#%!! well he asked if i knew how fast i was going, i said about 70? he said "try 90!" I said sorry i thought you were trying to run me off the road, thinking to myself, I was probaly going 115 in a 40 mph... he said "keep it slow son, and drove off......
Police package 5spd 90 Lx, Stock original motor, 3.27grs, BM fan, fms 10.5 clutch, D&D quadrant, and adjuster, ADS chip, 180 stat, mac cai, mac h-pipe, mac subframe connectors, ASP crank pulley, ripper shifter, 26x10.5 M/T sport pros welds. 246 hp according to analyzer
Race weight: 3,120

E.t-13.57 with 26x10.50's e.t. streets. 1.88 60'

mph- 99.92 mph
Coupe5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 03:48 AM   #14
Rosco
Registered Member

Well for the most part I took it like a man. I just kinda followed my friends to see what was gonna happen. I never really said anything, or did anything else to that cop we followed, which on my part I believe was a good thing. Heh, but just being there I guess gives me the right to be yelled at by troopers. Kevin was actually the only one doing anything. Yeah...he get's really pissed at just about anything, and considering he just got the car about...well at the time..probably like a week before, I could see how he could be like that. But lemme tell ya, he went to the marines, and they sure as hell straightened him out. Screwy stuff the gov't does eh?
5.0 Conversion, Full Saleen ground effects and spoiler, '94 saleen decal set, '93 Saleen Seats, Black interior from a '93, Steeda quadrant, smog pump delete, a/c delete, Steeda Tri-Ax shifter, '97 rear differential, aluminum driveshaft, 5 lug conversion, '97 rear disc brakes, southside upper and lower control arms, '99 GT Anniversary wheels, flowtech longtubes, flowtech offroad H-pipe, saleen lowering springs, kyb shocks, caster/camber plates
Rosco is offline   Reply With Quote