View Single Post
Old 09-12-2002, 09:59 AM   #16
Mustang_289
Registered Member

UntouchableOne707 - there's a huge difference between a front-wheel drive Taurus and a hopped up rear wheel drive stang! Let me share something with you that I always said when I was your age and was driving my hopped up 66 fastback. "High performance cars don't kill - low performance drivers do". My opinion - one month of driving doesn't qualify you to run a car hard. I feel confident you can be a high performance driver - but you have to admit to yourself that you're currently a low performance drive. This is not a slam here - take the advice being posted on this web site. It's very good info and will help you become a high-performance drive.

Take it from someone who has a son your age who's driving a 5.0 stang. Start slow - with a pretty much stock 5.0 or another rear wheel drive vehicle. Learn how to master your car in a skid and fishtail - because you will end up in one! You not only "know how to do it" but you need to have the experience where you're brain is on auto pilot when your a** end comes around on you. Build up the power, know it and respect it..
Mustang_289 is offline   Reply With Quote