MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-26-2002, 03:30 PM   #41
0h n0 5.0
Registered Member

Default Re: Opinions!

Quote:
Originally posted by PonyPride
Since were on opinions of stang appearance (well at least a few replies were :P) Theres one breed that you guys always seem to leave out.. Mexistangs! Cmon, Chrome/gold trim on every edge and line on the car, gold plated mufflers, ugly extended wheels with no hubcaps to pretend your rims are gettin polished, v6 with cobra badges, vatoloco sticker on windshield, "do it yourself bubble tint" and cd's hangin from tha mirror werd.

Those get me me even more so then sticker stangs.

Adios!

oh yea, dang i forgot about those.. the hundred spokes an spinners, lil bitty chain steering wheel (eugh!!!) hehehe..although i think thats more based on reigonality.. while rice is universaly stupid lookin..

they're both the same thing i'm thinkin tho

1994 GT 5.0l
0h n0 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2002, 10:48 PM   #42
Mach351C
Registered Member

LOL, I dont like those either. Ive seen some with some "SA" leaning back and haveing his one hand round the whole chain steering wheel. It had one of those specled boat Like paint jobs. hehe
Mach351C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2002, 07:53 AM   #43
302 LX Eric
or '331 LX Eric'

Thumbs up Cheech & Chong Steering Wheels!

Hey, what's wrong with chain steering wheels?!?! I've got one on my coupe and love it...except when I go around corners because I've got to turn the darn thing like 50 times. Hmmmm...maybe I need to mount a ball-turner-thingy on it!

E

331 cu. in. / Tremec 3550 / BFG Drag Radials

12.22 @ 114.31 mph - w/1.89 60'
302 LX Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2002, 08:03 AM   #44
UK_Stang
Registered Member

Just in case you are interested and have a multi region DVD player, you can buy "The Wraith" from Amazon.co.uk for a very reasonable £9.99 (about $14 - $15)

Also, while I am posting, we have our own version of "rice" over here, I dont think it has an actual name, but you should see some of ridiculous things they drive!! Check out this Vauxhall Corsa and laugh your head off, I just do not understand it, and take great pleasure in blowing rubbish like this off the road!!

Skip
UK_Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2002, 09:21 AM   #45
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

HAHAHA!!

British Rice!

That's great...
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2002, 11:29 AM   #46
foxbodied
Registered Member

HAhah tahts good. Thats for the wraith site.
foxbodied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2002, 03:25 PM   #47
PonyPride
Registered Member

Talking British Rice LOL

Hey that chameleon paint is cool. But....

ITS GOT 6 EXHAUST TIPS AND PROBABLY 6 FART CANNONS ON IT. Damn it must be fast, my car only needs 2

LOL.
PonyPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2002, 05:05 PM   #48
UK_Stang
Registered Member

They are all idiots too, don't want to sound as if I am tarring them all with the same brush, but they all seem to like hanging around big supermarket car parks, playing their stereos as loud as possible, doing FWD 'burnouts' and reverse donuts Not my sort of thing!! My nearest friend with another Mustang is a 3 hour drive away, so I am out on my own a bit!!

Skip
Old 08-27-2002, 08:26 PM   #49
0h n0 5.0
Registered Member

that sucks man, you should move here, lots of pretty girls, cars, friendlier people, lower gas prices(some parts) nice(er) weather.. its pretty alright.

no doubt man, i've always wondered what the mustang scene is in other countries( i saw a 5.0 drop top from israel once) i bet the tarrifs on imported hardware from the states is obscene! over there in The UK plus all the emissions an stratospheric gas prices...no sir, not my cup of tea.

do you have a big import(hehe, the mustang is an import)scene over there? (domestics v8's is what i'm asking)
i will have to admit as wacky is rice gets over here in America, it can't hold a candle to some foreign rice on the other side of the pond.

1994 GT 5.0l
0h n0 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2002, 07:27 AM   #50
UK_Stang
Registered Member

Yeah, that would be nice, but do you know how hard it is to get into the US through the proper channels? Unless you know of something I dont!! We pay the best part of $6.00 a gallon here, and with a Mustang getting 20-22 if I am lucky, its gets kind of expensive!! And it rains all the time, especially it seems when I make the 2 1/2 hour trip to <a href = "http://www.santapod.com">Santa Pod</a> , my "local" drag strip!

I think you should all count yourselves lucky!! One good thing though, The Mustang gets loads of respect as a 150hp car is considered quick over here and the it eats them for breakfast!

Hehehe!!

Skip
Old 09-01-2002, 09:10 AM   #51
6BangerStanger
Registered Member

Default Re: Im getting a little tired of this... Read!

The aluminum wing and fart cans I don't agree with either. The APEX mufflers/tips are just as bad. But the kit (BTW...that Black Widow kit is ugly), well I have to enjoy that for one of two reasons. #1- the guy probably realized that you can't make 6 cylinders all that fast unless you pour a ton of money into it and by that time you could have bought yourself a GT. So he went for all show and no go. #2- The term "body kit" has become quite misused latly in a lot of forums. Need we not forget that all Saleens come with a body kit/side skirts etc... Granted, that is a good looking body kit and it's aerodynamics are supposed to serve a purpose, but at least the guy in the pic actually bought a stang and not the import that his friends have. Obviously this guy hangs out with a lot of imports.
6BangerStanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 12:06 PM   #52
RBatson
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by The Deuce
BlackFireN2O
I hate to rain on your parade, but your outlook on life is simply postmodern thought. I'm sure you decided to follow this mindset on your own, but it is by no means an original outlook. Some of the 'great thinkers' of the past 500 years held to this idea steadfastly.
From a philosphical standpoint, it's the easy way out. Someone presents a conflicting idea, and the response is something along the lines of, "Well, your reality just differers from mine." and there is no more debate. "Truth is truth, and facts are facts, the way we want to think does not change what is." - Modern thought at its best.
WOW! I was looking for something else and ran across this post.. something I meant to comment on but somehow forgot about. Do you still think this way? Everything is relative. Relative to location, space, pressure, preception... I challenge you to come up with something that is not relative.
Old 02-17-2004, 02:28 PM   #53
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

The Deuce doesnt grace us with his presence anymore.
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote