MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-22-2002, 10:26 PM   #1
Mach351C
Registered Member

Default Im getting a little tired of this... Read!

Ok, well heres my problem. I dont like imports that much, I actually kind of consider myself as the muscle car defender. Ive been browsing websites like mustangworld, and other gallery sites. Ive found that there are V6 mustangs out there that are trying to be "rice'' if you will. What im saying is they have huge front skirts with big side skirts and they are slammed. Ive even seen some with ten foil wings. I dont think its right, but I probably cant change anything. I just was seeing if anyone else is as tired of this as me? Stickers and fart cans on a mustang isnt my idea of a mustang. The word mustang means v8 muscle car too me. Im not bashing anyones cars but this is what im talking about. Tell me what you think.

if that doesnt work just go here
http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/News/select2362.htm
Mach351C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2002, 12:21 AM   #2
BlackFireN2O
Registered Member

Whoa, that car is off the meat rack. But hey that's just my opinion, and my opinion is just that, an opinion. You can't change people's idea of what "good" looks to them. It's just how people are, and if people like big fart cans and crazy side skirts and front spoilers on a mustang then i say good for you, i appluad your courage to stand-up to the people who look down on you for no apparant reason other than saying it's not "mustang-like." What is mustang-like, it's a relative question as is everything we know of, i may say black coupes are very classic and then someone else may say that they're nice only if you put on a ground effects kit and a wing then paint the whole thing in candy paint green. Who am i to throw stones at that person for making HIS mustang HIS mustang. I thought the whole attraction to hot rodding was to pour your heart and soul into your car so that somehow the car can reflect your own individuality, but then people like you come up and throw derragotry remarks at someone for customizing a vehicle because you don't like it. People modify cars for themselves not for you, or for anyone else for that matter. I'm not bashing and i know that you have just stated your opinion, but for what, to make people aware of your hate for "rice." I happen to like all kinds of cars, no matter what side of the pond it originates from, i guess you can call me the defender of cars period. That is all, for now
BlackFireN2O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2002, 04:36 AM   #3
Import Slayer
Registered Member

what could possibly be worse than a rice tip??? TWO RICE TIPS!!! ON A MUSTANG!!!! BLASPHEMY!!! lucky noone could ever take him serious with that gay spoiler.

89 5 speed LX 5.0 - off road h pipe, B&M short throw, 13* timing, blue bottle glasspacks, removed air silencer, accel super stock 8mm, bosch platinum 4's, no times
Import Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2002, 07:55 AM   #4
98SteedaGT
Registered Member

We have a black GT running around in this area with that kit... You're lucky, this one doesn't have the wing.... the one I see does, it adds a whole new level to your statement about how it looks.... blah!

// Now own 2001 F-150 SuperCrew 5.4L \\
98SteedaGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2002, 09:33 AM   #5
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Quote:
Who am i to throw stones at that person for making HIS mustang HIS mustang.
N2O, You just killed your entire point....

He isn't making it HIS mustang, He's making it look like his FRIEND'S cars..... and the cars he saw in the Slow and the Stickered.... and the cars he sees in "Import Tuner" magazine.

It has nothing to do with originality or being different. It has everything to do with being a lemming with the rest of the "in" group trying to be "cool".

The 12 second minivan is "different", the above is just plain sad.

I didn't buy into it when I was a kid, and I don't buy into it now....
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2002, 10:15 AM   #6
BlackFireN2O
Registered Member

Hammer, so for example if all your friends have completely stock exteriors and you had seen some really nice photos of a completely stock exterior on 5.0M&SF and you inturn leave your mustang to be completely stock on the exterior then to the "musclecar defenders" that would be ok? If you ask me that's just plain hypocritical. Even so, if this person with the huge side skirts and the wing in the photo of the first post did just try to immitate the cars seen in THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS (which i liked because it is the movie that got me interested in cars ,ALL CARS, in the first place) or Import Tuner how can anyone at all cast stones. Unless the car is liscensed under your name i don't understand how or why you would comment on that particular vehicle, especially if the owner of the vehicle is not aware of the things being said about his car, something which he obviously spent money on because exterior mods can add up quite a bit, in this message board. Over and out!
Old 08-23-2002, 11:02 AM   #7
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Black,

I really don't have the time nor the desire to get into a theoretical debate on why certain people do certain things to cars....

I'm not a scholar or sociologist, but I can plainly see what 98% of these schmoes do, and why they do it...

To fit into a "group", to be "cool", to be (so-called) "different".

I've been around the block once or twice and I have seen this kind of crap since the leisure suit and parachute pants.

Hey, if the guy and his little big-pants wearing friends want to drive a moving sign that says "I love the APPEARANCE of power!", more power to them.
But you're not going to convince me that this is done to be "original".
I've been around too long, and I've seen too much.
And yes, even I was a teenager too....

It doesn't take a rocket scientist or a college degree to figure this stupid crap out....

True import enthusiasts laugh at this crap just as much as we do, and half of these guys don't have ANY idea what they are talking about when it comes to what lies under the hood.... although they may think they do...

It is a fad that will be replaced by something else in a while.
What it will be I have no idea, I just hope they keep the color scheme from confusing young toddlers as they are trying to cope with things such as "blue" and "green"....

Last edited by Hammer; 08-23-2002 at 11:11 AM..
Old 08-23-2002, 11:10 AM   #8
The Deuce
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BlackFireN2O
THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS (which i liked because it is the movie that got me interested in cars ,ALL CARS, in the first place)
BlackFire, get up, go to your local video store, rent the following movies:
Le Mans
Bullitt
Cannonball run
Gone is 60 seconds (both versions)

I'm guessing that you are young, because there have been great car movies around for a long time. In my opinion it has shaped your opinion. Not trying to slam you, just wanted to preface the response that people who leave their cars stock, just like everyone else, do it so the GO is the SHOW. That's why the only mods you will actually see walking by my car will be those dictated by performance enhancers I use.

That is different than slapping a body kit on your car to make it 'different'. Ever see a 10 second Mustang? I'll bet you have, you just didn't know it. And that's exactly the point. No one would think to steal a car that looks stock, unless people have seen it run fast.

Now then, that body kit, if the car was actually fast, doesn't look that much different from Kenny Browns track car pictured below. I don't like it, but lets hope this is what the kids are trying to emulate

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2002, 11:15 AM   #9
foxbodied
Registered Member

yea i saw that in mustangworld the other day as well. Not a bad site but there are plenty of riced out v6's there they just make me laugh. But ya know, no offense to the v6's on the bored, but i think that the reason why other ricers think there hot **** when they pull up next to us at a light or something is because they might be beating on v6's and not knowing the difference when they pull up to a v8. Because some of the v6 stangs put the wrong badges on their cars. IMO
foxbodied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2002, 11:35 AM   #10
BlackFireN2O
Registered Member

Deuce, I have seen Gone in Sixty Seconds, the latest version, and i have seen Bullit, but the reason i say that The Fast and the Furious actually got me started was because it was the first movie i saw that showed part of the "building" process of a car and then having that built car run against other cars. I should have made it clearer in my other post that F&F got me into "modding" cars. Sorry for the confusion and i will rent those movies i've been looking for some good old musclecar chase scenes thanks!
Old 08-23-2002, 11:44 AM   #11
98SteedaGT
Registered Member

Smokey and the Bandit .... All the way
Dukes of Hazard (little farfetched chase scenes, good though)

Old 08-23-2002, 11:48 AM   #12
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Some of you obviously stuggle with Comprehension.

His car has 11 #'s of boost I imagine it needs the dual pipes.

I have seen alot worse.
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2002, 12:36 PM   #13
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Personally,
I don't care if it runs 10's in the 1/4... its just plain nasty...
Old 08-23-2002, 12:44 PM   #14
The Deuce
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Dark_5.0
Some of you obviously stuggle with Comprehension.

His car has 11 #'s of boost I imagine it needs the dual pipes.

I have seen alot worse.
I was only commenting on the ugliness of the car. I hope its fast, because then it will outrun the insults I yell driving by.

Old 08-23-2002, 02:17 PM   #15
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by The Deuce

I was only commenting on the ugliness of the car. I hope its fast, because then it will outrun the insults I yell driving by.
[/QUOTE
rotfl , the car wouldnt look that bad, except the stickers all down the sides & the rice wing, & fart tip's, which arent visible, other than that , it's rice.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2002, 03:13 PM   #16
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by The Deuce

What ever floats your boat ..........He would say say Hey YO quit Hatin on my shiznit biatch

Lol,
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2002, 03:16 PM   #17
MidNiteBlu 5.0
I got something to say

But do you actually believe the guy is running 11 lbs of boost on a stock bottom end v6?

That car is hideous. Looks just like all the other bodykitted civics and eclipses etc.

Later,
Nick
1987 Toyota Pickup
Ricer Haters Club Member #33

Want a custom gauge cluster for your Vintage Mustang?
www.jmeenterprises.com
MidNiteBlu 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2002, 03:33 PM   #18
98SteedaGT
Registered Member

OK,

I don't like his kit, but it's his car.
I don't like the wing, but it's still his car.

What I can't get over is, how in the world do you run 11PSI on a stock Ford V6 and not blow it apart.

also, what's a Level 10 Shift Kit?

Old 08-23-2002, 04:02 PM   #19
The Deuce
Registered Member

Quote:
also, what's a Level 10 Shift Kit?
I think that has something to do with the slushbox.

Old 08-23-2002, 05:39 PM   #20
0h n0 5.0
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 98SteedaGT
Smokey and the Bandit .... All the way
Dukes of Hazard (little farfetched chase scenes, good though)
the blues brothers, two lane blacktop, American graffitti,(bad *** dog fight between a 57 chevy an a 32 ford street rod)

1994 GT 5.0l
0h n0 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote