MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-23-2002, 07:05 PM   #21
RBatson
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BlackFireN2O
What is mustang-like, it's a relative question as is everything we know of,
WOW!! I like this statement!! Everything is relative, I came to that conclusion a long time ago.. as did some pretty smart folks through the years. The thing is.. this is 'The Mustang Works'. We all hang out here because we have something in common, we like the mustang and we like them fast. I don't see things the same way most folks at MustangWorld and SI.com see them so I don't go there. Most of us agree that this car is hideous, its funny to some of us that he would spend good money on this stuff. Anyhow, we're not meanhearted people.. we do however enjoy a good laugh.

BTW, I like the engine mods on the v6, makes for a cool sleeper. I never heard of 11#s on the v6 but I guess its possible(for a while anyhow). I have read about some blown late model v6s going low 13s. Thats respectible to me, though the looks of the car ruin it for me(personally).

Last edited by RBatson; 08-23-2002 at 07:10 PM..
RBatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2002, 07:05 PM   #22
The Deuce
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 0h n0 5.0

the blues brothers, two lane blacktop, American graffitti,(bad *** dog fight between a 57 chevy an a 32 ford street rod)
If you are referring to Harrison Fords car, its a '58

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2002, 07:05 PM   #23
RBatson
Registered Member

Level 10 is an automatic tranny company.
Old 08-23-2002, 07:08 PM   #24
RBatson
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by 98SteedaGT
Smokey and the Bandit .... All the way
Now ya talking!
Old 08-23-2002, 07:12 PM   #25
0h n0 5.0
Registered Member

57..58.. i don't know.
iits a nice clean lookin chevy tho...
and a steamlined paperweight at the end of the movie

1994 GT 5.0l
0h n0 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2002, 09:34 PM   #26
BlackFireN2O
Registered Member

Rbatson, i had come to that conclusion in my religion class of my freshman year, about a year from today, when we were discussing the "dream state" and reality. I'd like to know how you came to the same theory because i hardly ever encountered someone that has an akin train of thought on this subject. Thanks!
BlackFireN2O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2002, 09:48 AM   #27
The Deuce
Registered Member

0h n0 5.0
The car is a '58, and it's important. That character does not fit with the presence and class of the '57. Howard made sure the car was 'almost' but not quite the quintisential hot rod of the day. Makes sense from a cinematic point. If you understang the 55-57 year chevy's, watch the movie again and you'll see what we (Ron Howard and I) mean.

BlackFireN2O
I hate to rain on your parade, but your outlook on life is simply postmodern thought. I'm sure you decided to follow this mindset on your own, but it is by no means an original outlook. Some of the 'great thinkers' of the past 500 years held to this idea steadfastly.
From a philosphical standpoint, it's the easy way out. Someone presents a conflicting idea, and the response is something along the lines of, "Well, your reality just differers from mine." and there is no more debate. "Truth is truth, and facts are facts, the way we want to think does not change what is." - Modern thought at its best.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2002, 11:01 AM   #28
Young_Pony

Hey don't forget about Vanishing Point for classic chase movies, the whole movie is preaty much 1 long chase scene

Also its to bad in American Graphitti that they had to bastardize the Duece Coupe with a small block chevy, i mean if your going to switch makes, at least put a 331-392 Hemi in there

Steven
Old 08-24-2002, 11:25 AM   #29
foxbodied
Registered Member

I can almost gurantee no onw has heard of this movie.............The Wraith. Awesome movie about street racing. When ever i ask someone of they have no clue. Rent that one to but it will probably be hard to find.
foxbodied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2002, 12:31 PM   #30
Mach351C
Registered Member

I really dont want to get into a reality debate.

My only point was that I didnt like the car, and I wanted to see what other people thought about it. I said im not bashing or slamming anyones cars. In my opinion that car is ugly. Period Im not trying to change anyones mind. Well maybe just a little bit, so if you have a v6 mustang like this one, please move away from me. Just so i dont have to look at it ever.

I think we can break this thread up in maybe 3 parts. 1. Best Car Movies of all times. 2. Your opinion on a Riced Out V6 mustang. and 3. Reality.
Mach351C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2002, 04:25 PM   #31
Rev
Registered Member

Default American Grafitti

The American Grafitti car was a '55 Chevy.

Rev

O.B.C. #2

'66 coupe
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2002, 06:27 PM   #32
BlackFireN2O
Registered Member

Duece, to say truth is truth and facts are facts is a very intelligent combatant to my "everything-relative" post, but to generalize that saying to include everything and anything was your true fault. Some things cannot be black and white, there are colors in between and that is what i meant when i said "everything" was relative. Of course i know that 1+1=2 and there are 50 states in this here country, but some things, i.e. judge of apperance, does not contain a yes or no answer. These things are the very essence that such things as art and music have originated from. If everything were yes or no, true or false, than we'd be a utopia not to far from the one described in 1984 by the great eric blair. And even in that prime example of "there is only one right and all the rest is wrong," deep behind the surface of the novel, imbedded into the plot, there was that one word that has sparked this argument RELATIVITY! The things that were considered right in the book were only right for big brother, and that which was wrong was wrong for big brother. Simply put, not everything is as clear as being right and wrong, black and white, there is always the area that is gray.
BlackFireN2O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2002, 10:30 PM   #33
BBQDad
Registered Member

Default Going rice

Hello, Mach351C.
Working in NJ, near NYC. The place is crawling with rice rockets. They all have enormous mufflers sticking out of their back ends, and they sound like a kid's bicycle with a piece of cardboard clipped to the fender-brace, flapping on the spokes. (I know, 'cause I used to do that when I was a kid... back in the stone age... I rode in your car, or one of its brothers, when it was brand new...)
What some folks will do to a fine American automotive tradition is enough to put a real man (or woman) off his (or her) lunch.
After a couple of decades of driving what I could afford, what I could afford finally became a new 2002 Mustang Coupe. (OK, it has a V6 and an automatic, but it IS a Mustang... and if you had to drive in the traffic around NYC during rush hour, you'd want a slushbox, too...)
Frankly, I love the car, albeit I have only 1700 miles on it. I cannot imagine glopping it up with a bunch of cheesy, plastic bolt-ons, and I surely do not need a plastic strip pasted to the top edge of my windshield to remind me that I am driving a Ford Mustang.
A 302 or 351 would look nice under the hood, but then some EMT would soon be peeling me off a tree...
Yes, I hate the "rice" look as much as you do. American iron does not need much prettification. Detroit builds 'em nice to begin with. Well, most of the time...
Take care.
--- BBQDad
Old 08-24-2002, 11:22 PM   #34
98SteedaGT
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by foxbodied
I can almost gurantee no onw has heard of this movie.............The Wraith. Awesome movie about street racing. When ever i ask someone of they have no clue. Rent that one to but it will probably be hard to find.

Isn't that the one about that awesome black car that takes out the loser racers by destroying both cars in a wreck. Then the black car comes back out of nowhere. I think the main character was killed in a car wreck by some, so called gang members. And he is given life and a new car, on a vengance to get the people who killed him. I think he gives the car to some kid at the end... geez what a present.

// Now own 2001 F-150 SuperCrew 5.4L \\
98SteedaGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2002, 12:01 AM   #35
1hot5.0
Registered Member

Ive seen that one on tv, Its like a black concept car that can misteriously rebuild itself.
Old 08-25-2002, 12:12 AM   #36
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Quote:
wrong, that was one great movie, wish i could find a copy of it , now, & rev is right the black chevy, was a 55, that is all.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2002, 12:27 AM   #37
foxbodied
Registered Member

yea tahts one of my favorites. They killed the kid in the beginning of the movie and comes back with new body and nice *** car. Which he gives to his brother. I lost my copy of it somehow and i am tryin to get it for dvd.
foxbodied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2002, 12:38 AM   #38
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Quote:
yea tahts one of my favorites. They killed the kid in the beginning of the movie and comes back with new body and nice *** car. Which he gives to his brother. I lost my copy of it somehow and i am tryin to get it for dvd.
that was a bad a--- movie, no matter if it got, blown up, shot up , etc, it would just re- apearer-[sp], great movie, everyone forgot the phantasm movie's 1- 2 - 3, with the hemi cuda, my fav horror flick's. , cya. marty.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2002, 08:33 AM   #39
wood@innernet.net
Registered Member

Cool fad stangs

I AGREE WITH YOU IDEAS AND I DON'T LIKE THEM MYSELF BUT WHAT HAS BEAUTY TO YOU MY NOT BE THERE IDEA OF A GREAT CAR.
wood@innernet.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2002, 03:01 PM   #40
PonyPride
Registered Member

Cool Opinions!

Since were on opinions of stang appearance (well at least a few replies were :P) Theres one breed that you guys always seem to leave out.. Mexistangs! Cmon, Chrome/gold trim on every edge and line on the car, gold plated mufflers, ugly extended wheels with no hubcaps to pretend your rims are gettin polished, v6 with cobra badges, vatoloco sticker on windshield, "do it yourself bubble tint" and cd's hangin from tha mirror werd.

Those get me me even more so then sticker stangs.

Adios!
PonyPride is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: