MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Stang Stories (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Im getting a little tired of this... Read! (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=28006)

Mach351C 08-22-2002 10:26 PM

Im getting a little tired of this... Read!

Ok, well heres my problem. I dont like imports that much, I actually kind of consider myself as the muscle car defender. Ive been browsing websites like mustangworld, and other gallery sites. Ive found that there are V6 mustangs out there that are trying to be "rice'' if you will. What im saying is they have huge front skirts with big side skirts and they are slammed. Ive even seen some with ten foil wings. I dont think its right, but I probably cant change anything. I just was seeing if anyone else is as tired of this as me? Stickers and fart cans on a mustang isnt my idea of a mustang. The word mustang means v8 muscle car too me. Im not bashing anyones cars but this is what im talking about. Tell me what you think.

http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/...4/bradscd3.JPG

if that doesnt work just go here
http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/News/select2362.htm

BlackFireN2O 08-23-2002 12:21 AM

Whoa, that car is off the meat rack. But hey that's just my opinion, and my opinion is just that, an opinion. You can't change people's idea of what "good" looks to them. It's just how people are, and if people like big fart cans and crazy side skirts and front spoilers on a mustang then i say good for you, i appluad your courage to stand-up to the people who look down on you for no apparant reason other than saying it's not "mustang-like." What is mustang-like, it's a relative question as is everything we know of, i may say black coupes are very classic and then someone else may say that they're nice only if you put on a ground effects kit and a wing then paint the whole thing in candy paint green. Who am i to throw stones at that person for making HIS mustang HIS mustang. I thought the whole attraction to hot rodding was to pour your heart and soul into your car so that somehow the car can reflect your own individuality, but then people like you come up and throw derragotry remarks at someone for customizing a vehicle because you don't like it. People modify cars for themselves not for you, or for anyone else for that matter. I'm not bashing and i know that you have just stated your opinion, but for what, to make people aware of your hate for "rice." I happen to like all kinds of cars, no matter what side of the pond it originates from, i guess you can call me the defender of cars period. That is all, for now ;)

Import Slayer 08-23-2002 04:36 AM

what could possibly be worse than a rice tip??? TWO RICE TIPS!!! ON A MUSTANG!!!! BLASPHEMY!!! lucky noone could ever take him serious with that gay spoiler.

98SteedaGT 08-23-2002 07:55 AM

We have a black GT running around in this area with that kit... You're lucky, this one doesn't have the wing.... the one I see does, it adds a whole new level to your statement about how it looks.... blah!

Hammer 08-23-2002 09:33 AM

Quote:

Who am i to throw stones at that person for making HIS mustang HIS mustang.
N2O, You just killed your entire point....

He isn't making it HIS mustang, He's making it look like his FRIEND'S cars..... and the cars he saw in the Slow and the Stickered.... and the cars he sees in "Import Tuner" magazine.

It has nothing to do with originality or being different. It has everything to do with being a lemming with the rest of the "in" group trying to be "cool".

The 12 second minivan is "different", the above is just plain sad.

I didn't buy into it when I was a kid, and I don't buy into it now....

BlackFireN2O 08-23-2002 10:15 AM

Hammer, so for example if all your friends have completely stock exteriors and you had seen some really nice photos of a completely stock exterior on 5.0M&SF and you inturn leave your mustang to be completely stock on the exterior then to the "musclecar defenders" that would be ok? If you ask me that's just plain hypocritical. Even so, if this person with the huge side skirts and the wing in the photo of the first post did just try to immitate the cars seen in THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS (which i liked because it is the movie that got me interested in cars ,ALL CARS, in the first place) or Import Tuner how can anyone at all cast stones. Unless the car is liscensed under your name i don't understand how or why you would comment on that particular vehicle, especially if the owner of the vehicle is not aware of the things being said about his car, something which he obviously spent money on because exterior mods can add up quite a bit, in this message board. Over and out!

Hammer 08-23-2002 11:02 AM

Black,

I really don't have the time nor the desire to get into a theoretical debate on why certain people do certain things to cars....

I'm not a scholar or sociologist, but I can plainly see what 98% of these schmoes do, and why they do it...

To fit into a "group", to be "cool", to be (so-called) "different".

I've been around the block once or twice and I have seen this kind of crap since the leisure suit and parachute pants.

Hey, if the guy and his little big-pants wearing friends want to drive a moving sign that says "I love the APPEARANCE of power!", more power to them.
But you're not going to convince me that this is done to be "original".
I've been around too long, and I've seen too much.
And yes, even I was a teenager too....

It doesn't take a rocket scientist or a college degree to figure this stupid crap out....

True import enthusiasts laugh at this crap just as much as we do, and half of these guys don't have ANY idea what they are talking about when it comes to what lies under the hood.... although they may think they do...

It is a fad that will be replaced by something else in a while.
What it will be I have no idea, I just hope they keep the color scheme from confusing young toddlers as they are trying to cope with things such as "blue" and "green".... ;)

The Deuce 08-23-2002 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by BlackFireN2O
THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS (which i liked because it is the movie that got me interested in cars ,ALL CARS, in the first place)
BlackFire, get up, go to your local video store, rent the following movies:
Le Mans
Bullitt
Cannonball run
Gone is 60 seconds (both versions)

I'm guessing that you are young, because there have been great car movies around for a long time. In my opinion it has shaped your opinion. Not trying to slam you, just wanted to preface the response that people who leave their cars stock, just like everyone else, do it so the GO is the SHOW. That's why the only mods you will actually see walking by my car will be those dictated by performance enhancers I use.

That is different than slapping a body kit on your car to make it 'different'. Ever see a 10 second Mustang? I'll bet you have, you just didn't know it. And that's exactly the point. No one would think to steal a car that looks stock, unless people have seen it run fast.

Now then, that body kit, if the car was actually fast, doesn't look that much different from Kenny Browns track car pictured below. I don't like it, but lets hope this is what the kids are trying to emulate

http://www.kennybrown.com/4.6atmis1.jpg

foxbodied 08-23-2002 11:15 AM

yea i saw that in mustangworld the other day as well. Not a bad site but there are plenty of riced out v6's there they just make me laugh. But ya know, no offense to the v6's on the bored, but i think that the reason why other ricers think there hot **** when they pull up next to us at a light or something is because they might be beating on v6's and not knowing the difference when they pull up to a v8. Because some of the v6 stangs put the wrong badges on their cars. IMO

BlackFireN2O 08-23-2002 11:35 AM

Deuce, I have seen Gone in Sixty Seconds, the latest version, and i have seen Bullit, but the reason i say that The Fast and the Furious actually got me started was because it was the first movie i saw that showed part of the "building" process of a car and then having that built car run against other cars. I should have made it clearer in my other post that F&F got me into "modding" cars. Sorry for the confusion and i will rent those movies i've been looking for some good old musclecar chase scenes thanks!

98SteedaGT 08-23-2002 11:44 AM

Smokey and the Bandit .... All the way
Dukes of Hazard (little farfetched chase scenes, good though)

Dark_5.0 08-23-2002 11:48 AM

Some of you obviously stuggle with Comprehension.

His car has 11 #'s of boost I imagine it needs the dual pipes.

I have seen alot worse.

Hammer 08-23-2002 12:36 PM

Personally,
I don't care if it runs 10's in the 1/4... its just plain nasty...

The Deuce 08-23-2002 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dark_5.0
Some of you obviously stuggle with Comprehension.

His car has 11 #'s of boost I imagine it needs the dual pipes.

I have seen alot worse.

I was only commenting on the ugliness of the car. I hope its fast, because then it will outrun the insults I yell driving by.

Crazy Horse GT 08-23-2002 02:17 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by The Deuce

I was only commenting on the ugliness of the car. I hope its fast, because then it will outrun the insults I yell driving by.
[/QUOTE
rotfl , the car wouldnt look that bad, except the stickers all down the sides & the rice wing, & fart tip's, which arent visible, other than that , it's rice.:rolleyes: :D :D

Dark_5.0 08-23-2002 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by The Deuce

What ever floats your boat:D ..........He would say say Hey YO quit Hatin on my shiznit biatch:p

Lol,

MidNiteBlu 5.0 08-23-2002 03:16 PM

But do you actually believe the guy is running 11 lbs of boost on a stock bottom end v6? :rolleyes:

That car is hideous. Looks just like all the other bodykitted civics and eclipses etc.

Later,
Nick

98SteedaGT 08-23-2002 03:33 PM

OK,

I don't like his kit, but it's his car.
I don't like the wing, but it's still his car.

What I can't get over is, how in the world do you run 11PSI on a stock Ford V6 and not blow it apart.

also, what's a Level 10 Shift Kit?

The Deuce 08-23-2002 04:02 PM

Quote:

also, what's a Level 10 Shift Kit?
I think that has something to do with the slushbox.

0h n0 5.0 08-23-2002 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by 98SteedaGT
Dukes of Hazard (little farfetched chase scenes, good though)

the blues brothers, two lane blacktop, American graffitti,(bad *** dog fight between a 57 chevy an a 32 ford street rod)

RBatson 08-23-2002 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by BlackFireN2O
What is mustang-like, it's a relative question as is everything we know of,
WOW!! I like this statement!! Everything is relative, I came to that conclusion a long time ago.. as did some pretty smart folks through the years. The thing is.. this is 'The Mustang Works'. We all hang out here because we have something in common, we like the mustang and we like them fast. I don't see things the same way most folks at MustangWorld and SI.com see them so I don't go there. Most of us agree that this car is hideous, its funny to some of us that he would spend good money on this stuff. Anyhow, we're not meanhearted people.. we do however enjoy a good laugh.:D

BTW, I like the engine mods on the v6, makes for a cool sleeper. I never heard of 11#s on the v6 but I guess its possible(for a while anyhow). I have read about some blown late model v6s going low 13s. Thats respectible to me, though the looks of the car ruin it for me(personally).

The Deuce 08-23-2002 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by 0h n0 5.0

the blues brothers, two lane blacktop, American graffitti,(bad *** dog fight between a 57 chevy an a 32 ford street rod)

If you are referring to Harrison Fords car, its a '58

RBatson 08-23-2002 07:05 PM

Level 10 is an automatic tranny company.

RBatson 08-23-2002 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by 98SteedaGT

Now ya talking!

0h n0 5.0 08-23-2002 07:12 PM

57..58.. i don't know.
iits a nice clean lookin chevy tho...
and a steamlined paperweight at the end of the movie :D

BlackFireN2O 08-23-2002 09:34 PM

Rbatson, i had come to that conclusion in my religion class of my freshman year, about a year from today, when we were discussing the "dream state" and reality. I'd like to know how you came to the same theory because i hardly ever encountered someone that has an akin train of thought on this subject. Thanks! :D

The Deuce 08-24-2002 09:48 AM

0h n0 5.0
The car is a '58, and it's important. That character does not fit with the presence and class of the '57. Howard made sure the car was 'almost' but not quite the quintisential hot rod of the day. Makes sense from a cinematic point. If you understang the 55-57 year chevy's, watch the movie again and you'll see what we (Ron Howard and I) mean.

BlackFireN2O
I hate to rain on your parade, but your outlook on life is simply postmodern thought. I'm sure you decided to follow this mindset on your own, but it is by no means an original outlook. Some of the 'great thinkers' :rolleyes: of the past 500 years held to this idea steadfastly.
From a philosphical standpoint, it's the easy way out. Someone presents a conflicting idea, and the response is something along the lines of, "Well, your reality just differers from mine." and there is no more debate. "Truth is truth, and facts are facts, the way we want to think does not change what is." - Modern thought at its best.

08-24-2002 11:01 AM

Hey don't forget about Vanishing Point for classic chase movies, the whole movie is preaty much 1 long chase scene

Also its to bad in American Graphitti that they had to bastardize the Duece Coupe with a small block chevy, i mean if your going to switch makes, at least put a 331-392 Hemi in there

Steven

foxbodied 08-24-2002 11:25 AM

I can almost gurantee no onw has heard of this movie.............The Wraith. Awesome movie about street racing. When ever i ask someone of they have no clue. Rent that one to but it will probably be hard to find.

Mach351C 08-24-2002 12:31 PM

I really dont want to get into a reality debate.

My only point was that I didnt like the car, and I wanted to see what other people thought about it. I said im not bashing or slamming anyones cars. In my opinion that car is ugly. Period Im not trying to change anyones mind. Well maybe just a little bit, so if you have a v6 mustang like this one, please move away from me. Just so i dont have to look at it ever.:D

I think we can break this thread up in maybe 3 parts. 1. Best Car Movies of all times. 2. Your opinion on a Riced Out V6 mustang. and 3. Reality.

Rev 08-24-2002 04:25 PM

American Grafitti

The American Grafitti car was a '55 Chevy.

Rev

BlackFireN2O 08-24-2002 06:27 PM

Duece, to say truth is truth and facts are facts is a very intelligent combatant to my "everything-relative" post, but to generalize that saying to include everything and anything was your true fault. Some things cannot be black and white, there are colors in between and that is what i meant when i said "everything" was relative. Of course i know that 1+1=2 and there are 50 states in this here country, but some things, i.e. judge of apperance, does not contain a yes or no answer. These things are the very essence that such things as art and music have originated from. If everything were yes or no, true or false, than we'd be a utopia not to far from the one described in 1984 by the great eric blair. And even in that prime example of "there is only one right and all the rest is wrong," deep behind the surface of the novel, imbedded into the plot, there was that one word that has sparked this argument RELATIVITY! The things that were considered right in the book were only right for big brother, and that which was wrong was wrong for big brother. Simply put, not everything is as clear as being right and wrong, black and white, there is always the area that is gray.

BBQDad 08-24-2002 10:30 PM

Going rice

Hello, Mach351C.
Working in NJ, near NYC. The place is crawling with rice rockets. They all have enormous mufflers sticking out of their back ends, and they sound like a kid's bicycle with a piece of cardboard clipped to the fender-brace, flapping on the spokes. (I know, 'cause I used to do that when I was a kid... back in the stone age... I rode in your car, or one of its brothers, when it was brand new...)
What some folks will do to a fine American automotive tradition is enough to put a real man (or woman) off his (or her) lunch.
After a couple of decades of driving what I could afford, what I could afford finally became a new 2002 Mustang Coupe. (OK, it has a V6 and an automatic, but it IS a Mustang... and if you had to drive in the traffic around NYC during rush hour, you'd want a slushbox, too...)
Frankly, I love the car, albeit I have only 1700 miles on it. I cannot imagine glopping it up with a bunch of cheesy, plastic bolt-ons, and I surely do not need a plastic strip pasted to the top edge of my windshield to remind me that I am driving a Ford Mustang.
A 302 or 351 would look nice under the hood, but then some EMT would soon be peeling me off a tree...
Yes, I hate the "rice" look as much as you do. American iron does not need much prettification. Detroit builds 'em nice to begin with. Well, most of the time...
Take care.
--- BBQDad

98SteedaGT 08-24-2002 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by foxbodied
I can almost gurantee no onw has heard of this movie.............The Wraith. Awesome movie about street racing. When ever i ask someone of they have no clue. Rent that one to but it will probably be hard to find.

Isn't that the one about that awesome black car that takes out the loser racers by destroying both cars in a wreck. Then the black car comes back out of nowhere. I think the main character was killed in a car wreck by some, so called gang members. And he is given life and a new car, on a vengance to get the people who killed him. I think he gives the car to some kid at the end... geez what a present.

1hot5.0 08-25-2002 12:01 AM

Ive seen that one on tv, Its like a black concept car that can misteriously rebuild itself.

Crazy Horse GT 08-25-2002 12:12 AM

Quote:

wrong, that was one great movie, wish i could find a copy of it , now, & rev is right the black chevy, was a 55, that is all.:D :D ;)

foxbodied 08-25-2002 12:27 AM

yea tahts one of my favorites. They killed the kid in the beginning of the movie and comes back with new body and nice *** car. Which he gives to his brother. I lost my copy of it somehow and i am tryin to get it for dvd.

Crazy Horse GT 08-25-2002 12:38 AM

Quote:

yea tahts one of my favorites. They killed the kid in the beginning of the movie and comes back with new body and nice *** car. Which he gives to his brother. I lost my copy of it somehow and i am tryin to get it for dvd.
that was a bad a--- movie, no matter if it got, blown up, shot up , etc, it would just re- apearer-[sp], great movie, everyone forgot the phantasm movie's 1- 2 - 3, with the hemi cuda, my fav horror flick's. :eek: , cya. marty. :D ;)

wood@innernet.net 08-25-2002 08:33 AM

fad stangs

I AGREE WITH YOU IDEAS AND I DON'T LIKE THEM MYSELF BUT WHAT HAS BEAUTY TO YOU MY NOT BE THERE IDEA OF A GREAT CAR.

PonyPride 08-26-2002 03:01 PM

Opinions!

Since were on opinions of stang appearance (well at least a few replies were :P) Theres one breed that you guys always seem to leave out.. Mexistangs! Cmon, Chrome/gold trim on every edge and line on the car, gold plated mufflers, ugly extended wheels with no hubcaps to pretend your rims are gettin polished, v6 with cobra badges, vatoloco sticker on windshield, "do it yourself bubble tint" and cd's hangin from tha mirror werd.

Those get me me even more so then sticker stangs.

Adios!

0h n0 5.0 08-26-2002 03:30 PM

Re: Opinions!

Quote:

Originally posted by PonyPride
Since were on opinions of stang appearance (well at least a few replies were :P) Theres one breed that you guys always seem to leave out.. Mexistangs! Cmon, Chrome/gold trim on every edge and line on the car, gold plated mufflers, ugly extended wheels with no hubcaps to pretend your rims are gettin polished, v6 with cobra badges, vatoloco sticker on windshield, "do it yourself bubble tint" and cd's hangin from tha mirror werd.

Those get me me even more so then sticker stangs.

Adios!

oh yea, dang i forgot about those.. the hundred spokes an spinners, lil bitty chain steering wheel (eugh!!!) hehehe..although i think thats more based on reigonality.. while rice is universaly stupid lookin..

they're both the same thing i'm thinkin tho

Mach351C 08-26-2002 10:48 PM

LOL, I dont like those either. Ive seen some with some "SA" leaning back and haveing his one hand round the whole chain steering wheel. It had one of those specled boat Like paint jobs. hehe

302 LX Eric 08-27-2002 07:53 AM

Cheech & Chong Steering Wheels!

Hey, what's wrong with chain steering wheels?!?! I've got one on my coupe and love it...except when I go around corners because I've got to turn the darn thing like 50 times. Hmmmm...maybe I need to mount a ball-turner-thingy on it! :D

E

UK_Stang 08-27-2002 08:03 AM

Just in case you are interested and have a multi region DVD player, you can buy "The Wraith" from Amazon.co.uk for a very reasonable £9.99 (about $14 - $15)

Also, while I am posting, we have our own version of "rice" over here, I dont think it has an actual name, but you should see some of ridiculous things they drive!! Check out this Vauxhall Corsa and laugh your head off, I just do not understand it, and take great pleasure in blowing rubbish like this off the road!!

Skip :)

Hammer 08-27-2002 09:21 AM

HAHAHA!!

British Rice!

That's great...

foxbodied 08-27-2002 11:29 AM

HAhah tahts good. Thats for the wraith site.

PonyPride 08-27-2002 03:25 PM

British Rice LOL

Hey that chameleon paint is cool. But....

ITS GOT 6 EXHAUST TIPS AND PROBABLY 6 FART CANNONS ON IT. Damn it must be fast, my car only needs 2 :(

LOL. :p

UK_Stang 08-27-2002 05:05 PM

They are all idiots too, don't want to sound as if I am tarring them all with the same brush, but they all seem to like hanging around big supermarket car parks, playing their stereos as loud as possible, doing FWD 'burnouts' and reverse donuts :confused: Not my sort of thing!! My nearest friend with another Mustang is a 3 hour drive away, so I am out on my own a bit!! :(

Skip

0h n0 5.0 08-27-2002 08:26 PM

that sucks man, you should move here, lots of pretty girls, cars, friendlier people, lower gas prices(some parts) nice(er) weather.. its pretty alright.

no doubt man, i've always wondered what the mustang scene is in other countries( i saw a 5.0 drop top from israel once:cool:) i bet the tarrifs on imported hardware from the states is obscene!:eek: over there in The UK plus all the emissions an stratospheric gas prices...no sir, not my cup of tea.

do you have a big import(hehe, the mustang is an import)scene over there? (domestics v8's is what i'm asking)
i will have to admit as wacky is rice gets over here in America, it can't hold a candle to some foreign rice on the other side of the pond.

UK_Stang 08-28-2002 07:27 AM

Yeah, that would be nice, but do you know how hard it is to get into the US through the proper channels? Unless you know of something I dont!! :) We pay the best part of $6.00 a gallon here, and with a Mustang getting 20-22 if I am lucky, its gets kind of expensive!! And it rains all the time, especially it seems when I make the 2 1/2 hour trip to <a href = "http://www.santapod.com">Santa Pod</a> , my "local" drag strip! :(

I think you should all count yourselves lucky!! One good thing though, The Mustang gets loads of respect as a 150hp car is considered quick over here and the it eats them for breakfast! :rolleyes:

Hehehe!! :D :D :D

Skip