Thread: Impala SS kill!
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2001, 04:18 PM   #1
Mustang92
Drag Racer!

Talking Impala SS kill!

Well just back from getting my pullies changed out and not being able to drive my car all weekend(see post in Mod board) I was cruising around looking for trouble. After about an hour I went to stop for gas and go home and low and behind this 96-97 Impala flies around the corner burning the tires. He was going the same direction as me and I was turning off a side road.

Timing was perfect we both got stuck at a light next to each other side by side. I was a little hesitant since we were on a main road through town known for cops. Light went green and I waited to see if he'd go or not, he did and pulled me by 1 1/2 cars, I stopped it in first around 3500RPM. Pulled him hard through 2nd and by 3rd was a good 4 cars ahead of him. The guy was real cocky so I turned on my hazards.

Pulled up to the next light and he asked what I had same for him. He had gears, pullies, ran air, exhaust work, etc... he said the car runs high 13's and he usually kills mustangs...not this one!

Light went green again and we went at it again. This time he jumped me good, about two cars. It didn't matter by the middle of 3rd gear I was in front by a car and pulling hard.

Not that this is some big kill or anything but I haven't had a street race in quite a while so it was fun, especially after getting my car fixed. Man Test and Tune on
Wednesday won't come fast enough!

------------------
00 GT, MAC Offroad H, Pullies, 4.10’s, Flows, UPR shifter, subframes, LCA’s, air filter, Weld Pro Stars, Nitto DR’s 13.19@103.86 (1.82 60ft) 244.6 RWHP
M/M 100
88 LX coupe X-FHP, 12pt Cage, UPR K-member, 31 spline rear, full spool…
Mustang92 is offline   Reply With Quote