MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-09-2001, 11:37 PM   #61
97snakedriver
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by IRACERICE:

To answer your question. The B-series (i.e. DOHC)transmissions hold up very well. The 8 sec honda people were referring to before utilizes a honda 5 speed transmission as well as all other honda powered fast race cars out there. My trannies in my cars have take 6000+ rpm launches (7000 in the crx) on slicks every weekend during the race season and they are still good. Keep in mind that the trannies i use in the crx are 10 years old, In my del sol I replaced the diff with a lsd. Seems like my friends in the 14 and 13 second mustangs have more tranny problems than I do in my 12 second cars, and they run street tires. So actually the trannies are pretty strong and can handle alot of power. One serious question from me. How many 5 speed, clutch powered mustangs are there out there than run 8s and 9s. Just would like to know. BTW is that civic hatch a stock motor or built?

Not too many. When most people get serious enough to build a 8 second or faster Mustang they usually switch to an auto for consistancy, and between Ford and GM, there are seriously beefy autos you can get pretty cheap, C4, C6, ect.

But how many 8 second, street car (stock unibody, not tube body) based, Hondas are there exactly? I have some friends that are seriously into this, and I seem to remember a NSX in the 7s, and the record for a "Civic" somewhere in the very high 8s. (???)

BTW, any insite on why modified Hondas tend to dyno so "crazily"?
97snakedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2001, 01:19 PM   #62
IRACERICE
Registered Member

Honestly there are no stock unibody hondas in the 8s. The fastest unibody in the world is lisa kubo at 9.21 @ 158 (or 159)- all turbo on regular race gas..i.e. not alcohol. The fastest unibody Quick class car is a AWD talon that runs NOS too at 9.1X (sean Glazer). The 8.71 FWD honda is full tube frameand hits traps in excess of 167 mph... I understand that it is easy and more consistent to run auto, I just wondered if anyone was stupid enough to use a 5 speed trans. Unfortunately, Honda people have no choice right now.

------------------
93 del sol 12.14 @ 115.8 (retired)
on order: 2001 White S2000
still have: 91 crx 12.46 @ 108.5 mph
IRACERICE is offline   Reply With Quote