View Single Post
Old 01-09-2001, 04:48 PM   #58
IRACERICE
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by NoSlow5.0:
BTW: if these cars are really running those times, how can a stock trans in am import hold up to that kind of power? Serious question, i really would like to know Light Em Up!!!

To answer your question. The B-series (i.e. DOHC)transmissions hold up very well. The 8 sec honda people were referring to before utilizes a honda 5 speed transmission as well as all other honda powered fast race cars out there. My trannies in my cars have take 6000+ rpm launches (7000 in the crx) on slicks every weekend during the race season and they are still good. Keep in mind that the trannies i use in the crx are 10 years old, In my del sol I replaced the diff with a lsd. Seems like my friends in the 14 and 13 second mustangs have more tranny problems than I do in my 12 second cars, and they run street tires. So actually the trannies are pretty strong and can handle alot of power. One serious question from me. How many 5 speed, clutch powered mustangs are there out there than run 8s and 9s. Just would like to know. BTW is that civic hatch a stock motor or built?

------------------
93 del sol 12.14 @ 115.8 (retired)
on order: 2001 Spa yellow S2000
still have: 91 crx 12.49 @ 108 mph
IRACERICE is offline   Reply With Quote