MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Stang Stories (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Impounded!! (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=45891)

maiden_deth 04-17-2005 06:11 PM

Impounded!!

last night i went to the street races and i raced this 350Z that i always race i was getting him by like 2-3 cars legnth. well the last time we were racing i took off and i seen that i had him by like five cars and as soon as i look back a cop turns on his lights and pulls me over! he wasn't a dick about racing but my car got impounded for 30 days. on the ticket it says i was going 80+ but i was barely shifting out of second when i seen the lights. to be honest i don't know how fast i was going my speedometer doesn't work but i know it wasn't 80+ MPH!

Dave_mustang_50 04-18-2005 10:19 AM

Re: Impounded!!

Did he pull over the 350z or just you? Either way, atleast he didnt write you up for racing too. Could have been worse.

maiden_deth 04-18-2005 03:57 PM

he did write me up for racing (or as they put it engaging in a speed contest) and he let the 350z go. my court day is in a month.

Stang_Crazy 04-29-2005 06:48 PM

You got off easy...be careful street racing.

maiden_deth 04-30-2005 12:01 AM

yeah i try to keep it as safe as possible. theres usually about 400 cars out from around 1-3:30 AM so i go out at about 3:30 when all the spectators are gone. i've seen some horrible accidents where a spectator trys to pull out and leave while people are racing and SMACK an accident. i got pulled over at around 5:30AM when only about 30-40 racers where out.

can't wait MAY 17th i get my stang back!! but no more street racing for me i'm gonna start working on a 331 for it and keep it to the track and some regular driving.

Rollinastang 04-30-2005 08:32 PM

Hey be carfull street racings some drunk stumbles out in front of you and you hit him and kill him or seriously injure him it's your ass and you prolly will got o jail for a long while....that is crap about him giving you a ticket though...if your car goes 80 in second gear i would love to see your car let alone drive that beast!...lol...but stang crazy is right i dont know where you are located but here in ohio if your get caught racing illegally you are subject to 6 months without a liceanse and 30day in jail plus a stiff fine and let me tell you our judges here push for the most x-tream punishment ......bottom line be carefull man!! and thats a good idea to take your car to the track!!!

maiden_deth 05-31-2005 12:52 AM

yeah i'm going to try to keep it safe and on the track, you wouldn't belive some the close ones i've been in because of some dumb ass who cuts out in front during a race people were jumping out of the way so they wouldn't get hit.

i've also seen some crazy accidents that ended the same way my close ones could of ended up.

Simi Stang 05-31-2005 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stang_Crazy
You got off easy...be careful street racing.

Just wait for the court date. I doubt he'll be getting off easy. maiden_deth will probably be paying a HUGE fine...and could easily lose his license as well. Good luck maiden-deth...let us know what ends up happening.

foncarelli 06-28-2005 06:52 PM

Yeah that take street racing real serious here in Detroit due to the number of deaths related to them.

Rev 07-04-2005 02:11 PM

Might not be too bad of an idea to hire a lawer experienced in traffic tickets. They have all sorts of little tricks to minimize the damage in these types of cases.

Rev

maiden_deth 07-04-2005 02:22 PM

it wasn't a traffic ticket. it was a misdemeanor and i had to go to criminal court were people were getting taken to jail right then and there, for drugs and violence stuff like that.

i did get fucked over with the following

-$1300 fine on top of the $1100 i paid to get my car out of impound
-80 hours of community service to be done by NOV.30
-2 years summary probation

IT SUCKS

NewStangSmell 07-07-2005 10:26 PM

damn! oh well you showed the 350z so good for you, have fun doin the service hours!