MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-05-2002, 05:31 AM   #1
Import Slayer
Registered Member

Default integra slaughter

hey, thought id share my lastest victory, although really nothing to brag about...my freind was in town and has never really been in a street race before but we werent even looking for one just cruising down mainstreet and passed a silver integra with the blinding blue super lights and big wing. I noticed the car because i was amazed at the lack of 800 stickers on it, and the lack of a rice tip, as this guy is one of the local ricer crowd. he sped up and motioned to follow so we drove out to the highway and took off from a standing start. (it was not too busy) now i will admit i cant launch worth a good gotdam..but i still had this guy off the line and by the time i was shifting in to third(yes i have 2:73s) he was already a suprising 2.5-3 car lengths behind me...i somehow felt guilty because i figured these things are supposed to be faster and figgered i jumped the start. we went again from a stand still and i gave him about a second jump..which he used to do a massive burnout and i figgered why waste the tires i took off from 2 grand and that was the last id seen of him lol. ahh where has the mustang been all my life.

89 5 speed LX 5.0 - off road h pipe, B&M short throw, 13* timing, blue bottle glasspacks, removed air silencer, accel super stock 8mm, bosch platinum 4's, no times
Import Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2002, 08:07 PM   #2
vtec8ter
Registered Member

Talking

NICE KILL. with your mods though, i dont know how much i would press my luck. all you needed was a ricer with some money and your friend would have been laughing at you.
vtec8ter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2002, 10:40 PM   #3
PGkelly
Registered Member

sounds like he had traction problems, which is to be expected from a FWD car.

AOL: MCVillain45
PGkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2002, 02:41 AM   #4
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by vtec8ter
NICE KILL. with your mods though, i dont know how much i would press my luck. all you needed was a ricer with some money and your friend would have been laughing at you.
Actually, this guys ride is more than enough to beat up on most all rice he'd ever find. Exceptions: supras, RX-7's and turbo'd eclipses. Most rice is 15sec at best.

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Cofounder of Raccoon Racing
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2002, 03:08 AM   #5
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

Talking Heh

Cool Race, He probaly had naaaawsssss, you better watchout, because next time him and his friends could adjust his timer 1mm, and he'd have 10's.....(F&F)
1BAD89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2002, 06:38 AM   #6
Import Slayer
Registered Member

hehe i know it couldve been a whole different story tho. i need to look into some gears maybe.

89 5 speed LX 5.0 - off road h pipe, B&M short throw, 13* timing, blue bottle glasspacks, removed air silencer, accel super stock 8mm, bosch platinum 4's, no times
Old 04-06-2002, 11:25 AM   #7
vtec8ter
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by StoplightWarrior

Actually, this guys ride is more than enough to beat up on most all rice he'd ever find. Exceptions: supras, RX-7's and turbo'd eclipses. Most rice is 15sec at best.
out here on the east coast there are ricers who have their civics and crx's running well under 15-sec's and that was my point. i got a few friends that i set money races on versus people who think the same thing as you.
Old 04-06-2002, 12:25 PM   #8
89 Cobra LX
Don Corlione

Quote:
Originally posted by Import Slayer
hehe i know it couldve been a whole different story tho. i need to look into some gears maybe.
No maybe about it. You definetely need to look into gears (I would recommend 3.73s). Best mod that you will make to your car.
5 speed 302-Cobra Intake-GT40p heads-TFS stage 1 cam-FRPP 1.6 roller rockers-3:73 gears-KYB shocks and struts-Eibach Pro-kit-HPM Mega-bite upper and lower control arms-FRPP aluminum driveshaft-16x8 Chrome Cobra Rs

R.H.C. #14
89 Cobra LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2002, 02:43 PM   #9
Stang_Crazy
It's never clean enough!

I say 4.10's hehe

89' GT : Taking up garage space and waiting for a buyer...

Rice Hater's Club - Member #11
Stang_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2002, 08:22 PM   #10
69fastback
IRAQ VET

I acutally drove an integra last week. It was faster than I thought it would be. I didn't get a good chance at it though cuz the girl who had the car got pissed at me when i took of and started powershifting it. I thought it was funny. I know one thing though it was not any faster than my F 150.
91 GT
69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2002, 11:55 PM   #11
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Quote:

out here on the east coast there are ricers who have their civics and crx's running well under 15-sec's and that was my point. i got a few friends that i set money races on versus people who think the same thing as you.
Maybe back east, I dont know, but it sure isn't over here.
I know that Exhaust and a turbo will give an integra mid 13's which is damn good, but I just have never personally seen one. A friend of mine has an integra with exhaust, intake and a 75 shot, and I still take him in my GT.
I know what rice I need to be wary of.

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Old 04-07-2002, 01:05 AM   #12
Import Slayer
Registered Member

wow, u guys have me seriously thinking about getting some gears. i still want to get good milage tho...i do alot of driving down to the coast and back (500 kms) would 3:55s be a good idea? how about 3:08s. how much does it normally cost for a good set? thx for help

Old 04-07-2002, 04:01 AM   #13
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Import Slayer
wow, u guys have me seriously thinking about getting some gears. i still want to get good milage tho...i do alot of driving down to the coast and back (500 kms) would 3:55s be a good idea? how about 3:08s. how much does it normally cost for a good set? thx for help
F the gears, just put a blower on. You can run small boost with a good tune very safely and your car will absolutely scream. Then, if you still want some gears, you can go with some moderately steep ones, like 3.55, so that traction won't be too big a problem.

But, if a blower is out of the question for you, I'd say to go with some 3.73's. You're looking at about $150 for the gears and $200 labor. You'll definitely feel a big difference. Good luck to you!

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Old 04-07-2002, 08:33 AM   #14
vtec8ter
Registered Member

Talking come out east to race.

Quote:
Originally posted by StoplightWarrior

Maybe back east, I dont know, but it sure isn't over here.
I know that Exhaust and a turbo will give an integra mid 13's which is damn good, but I just have never personally seen one. A friend of mine has an integra with exhaust, intake and a 75 shot, and I still take him in my GT.
I know what rice I need to be wary of.
bring your GT and come out east to race. i know of an eclipse that could definitely run with a GT with some mods, and i know of at least 5 supras that run 10.5 or better without spray. then you got your occasional quick CRX and sometimes a 3000GT. you know. i mean, any car can be made fast with some money. that is the bottom line. you know?
Old 04-08-2002, 01:51 AM   #15
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Default Re: come out east to race.

Quote:

bring your GT and come out east to race. i know of an eclipse that could definitely run with a GT with some mods, and i know of at least 5 supras that run 10.5 or better without spray. then you got your occasional quick CRX and sometimes a 3000GT. you know. i mean, any car can be made fast with some money. that is the bottom line. you know?
Yeah, sure, I'll drive the 3000 miles back east tonight!

Ha, no seriously, I didn't mean to say you couldn't make an import fast with lots of cash, just that you're starting out in a huge performance hole.

Also, don't think I mean to say that all imports are not fast, that is completely untrue. I've seen plenty of fast Supras, rx-7's, eclipses, etc. But again, I've yet to run into a quick civic, accord, or integra out here where I live. Later.

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Old 04-09-2002, 07:57 AM   #16
stanger8172
Registered Member

Import Slayer,

I still have the 2.73's too and they absolutely SUCK when you run the 1320'. It's either spin or bog with them.

I also do alot of highway driving too and went with the 3.55's, just haven't installed them yet. I have heard on this site that going with these from the 2.73's you'll lose 2-3 mpg.

I have been in cars with 4.30's, 4.10's and 3.42's and they all make a big difference.

I say get the 3.55's and leave the 3.08's for someone else who doesn't want to race their car.
'91 LX convertible , T-5, Centerforce Dual Friction, MSD Blaster Coil, FR 9MM wires, 13* timing, 1.6rr, ported/polished/milled stock heads, 1.94/1.60 stainless valves, March Performance Pulleys, K&N panel, 1"spacer, BBK shorties, 2 1/2" off road H, Summit 2 1/2" catback
stanger8172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2002, 03:38 AM   #17
Import Slayer
Registered Member

let me know how impressed u are with your 355s when u get them in there. and how much it cost too. thx man

Old 04-13-2002, 03:30 PM   #18
red82gt
Sober voice of Reason

If your really worried about fuel economy, get a 4 cyl. My car can go from Kamloops to Vancouver (340Km) with 40 liters of gas with 373's and a carb driving no less than 120km/h (usually closer to 140) so it's not that bad. Around town you can loaf around in 5th gear so you don't end up using any more gas. The amount you save on fuel vs. the performance from gears is not even worth worrying about.
Old 04-13-2002, 04:25 PM   #19
Import Slayer
Registered Member

4 cyl NEVER! LOL alrighty i am sold. i am from penticton so the distance from u to van and me is pretty similar i guess. i guess ill order in some ford racing 3:55's from the ford dealership. thanks to you all for ur help

Old 04-13-2002, 10:53 PM   #20
vtec8ter
Registered Member

Default dont do that....

dont do that, check corral.net or some places off the net, you can definintely find them cheaper. but what you should consider is getting 4:10s i drive on the highway with them and everyday... they are fine, and they work great on the track.... and the street. trust me.