MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-04-2002, 02:46 AM   #1
posied88
Registered Member

Question Integra Type R???

Hey guys, I have a freind who's cousin has an Integra Type R, and all he does is talk about how his Integra will beat my Mustang. So I told him that there is only one way to find out-to race me. So he goes on about how he can't race me now because he has a bad cat. So i tell him that I need a new Mass Air, so it should somehwat even out. He told me he wants to wait anyway until he can get his cat and I can get my Mass Air Mater. He is alos going to get a new header while hes at it. So I was wondering how you guys thing the race would end up. I will be grateful for any input as I really don't want to lose to this guy. Thanks in advance, later,
Will

P.S. All my mods are listed below in my sig.
3.55 Gears,Posi,MAC 1 5/8 Shorties,MAC Off-Road H-Pipe,Flowmaster 3 Chamber Mufflers,BBK 65mm Throttle Body,FRPP Aluminum Driveshaft,FRPP B-303 cam,Pro 5.0 Shifter,1 1/2in. Lowering Springs,HPM Subframe Connectors,HPM Driveshaft Loop,Full Saleen Body Kit and Wing,2.5in. Double Cowl Hood,17" Saleen Speedline Wheels.

So Cal Wild Horses
posied88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 09:55 AM   #2
95mustanggt
Registered Member

As long as he's running no Nitrous or turbo, I'd put my money on you every time.

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 10:58 AM   #3
gsxkilla
Registered Member

if u can drive then u will take him!!
ryan
Old 03-04-2002, 09:40 PM   #4
blue00gt
Mustang Addict

With your mods you should smoke him. You won't even have to launch hard. My friend has a '00 Type R, and stock for stock against my GT I could just walk him (atleast 5-10 cars) until we got close to 100, then the gap remained about the same at higher speeds. He now has several bolt-ons: cold air intake, header, hi-flow cat, midpipe, and catback. I could still beat him in my stock-motored '00 by several carlengths up to 1/4 mile trap speeds, in which I ran a best of 14.2 with a horrible 2.3 60 ft. time at the track (couldn't launch it when I first got it). So your buddy's car shouldn't be any quicker than mid-high 14s if he knows how to drive it.
blue00gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 10:24 AM   #5
91LX2Bfast
Registered Member

You'll walk him.
An intake, header, exhaust only add like 7-9hp (and costs over a grand) to that car because those parts are already not a restriction. So don't worry if he gets a header, it wont mean anything.
91LX2Bfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2002, 06:09 PM   #6
bobtodd
Registered Member

I raced a modded Integra Type-R with the stuff I've got listed below. It was a good race. I would have no problem putting money on you. I dont want to discourage you but I loss, only because I was having problems with vibration at high speeds because I had just gotten the 3:73's put in and something wasnt completely right. Otherwise it would have been a different story. You'll beat him.
91 LX - 10.5:1 pistons, ported 289 heads, Ultradyne 588 cam, Cobra upper/lower, MSD, JBA long tube headers, Flowmaster, Richmond 4:10, roll cage, monster tach...FUN!!

95 SHO - K&N filter
bobtodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2002, 08:12 PM   #7
Venomrain
Registered Member

Default Type R

About 3 years back the magazine Sport Compact Car pitted the type R against a 99 mustang GT. The GT smoked it in all acceleration tests. The Acura was faster in the slalom and braked quicker. And of course, the Acura won the comparison (they wouldn't invite the test if the mustang was 'favored'). You need to remember that Acura dealers were installing Jackson racing superchargers as an option on the type Rs. The kit costs about 3k, and lets the integra pump out @ 240 hp. Stock you could kick the dudes ***, modified could be a challenge. But if he's gonna shell out 3k for a supercharger, you should do the same before you race him. People always comparing apples to oranges... "my twin turbo civic could whoop your mustang!". Well I would hope so! I would hope that 7k you dumped in your riceburner can enable it to run with, or outperform even, my bone stock GT. Check his mods out, if he has a bunch or high end goodies wait till you get some yourself. Then embarress him in fronnt of all his friends. Then talk trash whenever you see him and let him know there's no way a 4 banger can beat a V8. Then key his car and a mixture of liquid plumber and dog sh*t all over his new paint job late at night, then... ack, I'm getting carried away lol.
Old 03-06-2002, 11:35 PM   #8
posied88
Registered Member

Well his mods are an Intake and Exhaust. Of course, like always with imports. So total after the new stuff, he will have a full exhaust and an Intake. I've riden in the car and it didn't seem to be all that fast, but you never know, he could've been not getting on it on purpose to make me under estimate him. Underestimating is a big thing in street racing. I'm not worried though. I will post results as soon as this thing happens. Thanks guys,
Will
3.55 Gears,Posi,MAC 1 5/8 Shorties,MAC Off-Road H-Pipe,Flowmaster 3 Chamber Mufflers,BBK 65mm Throttle Body,FRPP Aluminum Driveshaft,FRPP B-303 cam,Pro 5.0 Shifter,1 1/2in. Lowering Springs,HPM Subframe Connectors,HPM Driveshaft Loop,Full Saleen Body Kit and Wing,2.5in. Double Cowl Hood,17" Saleen Speedline Wheels.

So Cal Wild Horses
posied88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 03:37 PM   #9
mr2
Registered Member

I've riden in the car and it didn't seem to be all that fast

hehe **** talker! I want to see this race.
Old 03-12-2002, 03:41 PM   #10
mr2
Registered Member

Default Re: Type R

Quote:
Originally posted by Venomrain
I would hope that 7k you dumped in your riceburner can enable it to run with, or outperform even, my bone stock GT.
haha, little do you know if you have the know how to do engine swaps on little rice burners all you would have to pay for is the engine which would only cost 2000. with that you will be able to keep up with a bone stock GT with 4 more cylinders and dare I say beat one. poised has seen first hand what little hybrid did to a automatic gt... ripped it a new one.
Old 03-12-2002, 03:46 PM   #11
top secret
Registered Member

its going to be a close race regardless what anyone on this board says.......cuz ive driven both

-steve
top secret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 04:32 PM   #12
blue00gt
Mustang Addict

I've driven both also. In stock trim the Type R has a little top end on the 5.0, but look at the mods he's got on his Stang. The Type R has no chance.
Old 03-12-2002, 05:31 PM   #13
mr2
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by blue00gt
I've driven both also. In stock trim the Type R has a little top end on the 5.0, but look at the mods he's got on his Stang. The Type R has no chance.
both cars are running very poorly... note the MAF and the ITR's cat.
Old 03-12-2002, 05:38 PM   #14
thehorse
Registered Member

i don't know anything about the integra except its a ricer... SMOKE HIM! good luck
thehorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 05:48 PM   #15
mr2
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by thehorse
i don't know anything about the integra except its a ricer... SMOKE HIM! good luck
what a smart comment..
Old 03-12-2002, 06:26 PM   #16
top secret
Registered Member

Quote:
have u driven this 5.0? have u driven this type R?
Old 03-12-2002, 08:15 PM   #17
blue00gt
Mustang Addict

The way that I read English his post said that they will race when the cat and the MAF problems are fixed.
Granted, I am a biased MUSTANG enthusiast, but mods other than cams or power adders on the Type R add very little horsepower because these motors are well optimized from the factory.
The 5.0 on the other hand begs for mods and responds very well to them. I'm just saying that with his mods if both cars are running well he could burn out on the launch and still walk the Acura.

top secret - these are my opinions, so don't get your panties all in a bunch.
Old 03-12-2002, 08:42 PM   #18
Friedchicken
Registered Member

To all those guys that believe the hype that Type-Rice is all that, get real. To get a solid launch, you would need racing slicks on that FWD- lighter than air- integra.

From a stop, a V8 mustang will eat any integra. However, after the 0-60, they have some nice top end. Avoid rolling starts and you'll toast this guy. My Cobra ate them repeatedly for breakfast lunch and dinner at the track and at stoplights.

Half the time they smoked their tires and went nowhere. And what a pretty sight to see leaking head gaskets at the track on these things
Old 03-12-2002, 11:27 PM   #19
top secret
Registered Member

Quote:
top secret - these are my opinions, so don't get your panties all in a bunch.
first of all, i dont wear panties. second i respect with your opinions but..... in this case.....it <b>will</b> be a close race. Im not talking about.....brand new 5.0 racing a brand new type R. of course the 5.0 is going to eat the R if it was based on that butttttttttttttt....... with how my cuzins type R is running......vs.....willyz 5.0 running...after driving both of them...i believe its going to be close.
Old 03-12-2002, 11:34 PM   #20
top secret
Registered Member

also.... the street that they are going to race on....is a little more than 1/8th of a mile....w/ braking room right before it hits a 90 degree turn.