MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Stang Stories (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Integra type R vs. Ranger (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=21893)

mike_navigator 04-07-2002 12:27 AM

Integra type R vs. Ranger

It was hillarious, well it all starts at the stop light, we are hangin out in our parkin lot as usual and the next thing we see or i should say hear is tires screeching and fart cans farting. We look up and see a Ranger 4.0 with a primer front end beating a yellow type R, Which i believe it has Intake Header and Exhaust and maybe an aftermarket cam. It was hillarious. I will let my brother write his story about beatin a few 4.6 GT's and a riced out buick with the help of Tim C tag teaming the buick and a 4.6 GT.

mike

vtec8ter 04-07-2002 03:46 PM

that is funny as hell

do you have any idea what the mods to the ranger were? as far as the integra type R. with those mods, was it the driver? because i thought you could make those fairly quick

95mustanggt 04-08-2002 08:10 AM

Maybe it was only badged as a Type R. I have yet to run into a fast Integra. I've killed every single one I've raced and my car is not very fast.

vtec8ter 04-08-2002 11:09 AM

i am not sure

any way you look at it, something just sounds funny. i have no idea if it was driver error, a fluke, a regular integra with a badge. any way you look at it though, you won. a kill is a kill. just watch out and dont underestimate the integra type R now..... that is until you get some new mods.

mike_navigator 04-15-2002 07:30 PM

it was

sorry its been so long. But yes im positive its a type R because my friend with the S2000 knows the guy, and yes i have seen the guy and raced him and put a few car lengths on him. IN OVERDRIVE. the reason he lost to the ranger, he is runnin mid 15's in a modded hype r. p.s. we really P'd off some ricers at the magazine store. it was hillarious, we were lookin at some stang magazines and i picked up a rice magazine and said look at this rice mobile and said comments like stupid ricer drivers. and they gave me a mad look but hey what would they do to me nothin there wimps.

cilvrwing 04-15-2002 10:02 PM

i know for a fact that a type r integra is capable of running high 14's stock...and with those mods u mentioned it should be in the lower 14's...

Dark_5.0 04-19-2002 08:44 AM

Type R Integra's are turds.......I have seen 2 of them run low 16's at 3000ft.

Bad89stang 04-20-2002 01:25 AM

Type Turd

And the winner is......

Torque!

I have had the pleasure of eating an R burger. Midway through second gear I turned on my blinker and switched into his now open lane. How rice of him.

EZRIDN 04-20-2002 09:01 AM

I have seen them run high, mid 14's.

Although there is one that is always at Moroso that runs 10.90's at 134.

Mstngscoob 04-24-2002 11:15 AM

mike you really shouldnt be pissin off those ricers they might try to take you in the twisties. brandon