MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Poll: Is this conviction fair?
Poll Options
Is this conviction fair?

Old 11-05-2003, 03:16 PM   #41
GTvert
Registered Member

I'm not taking one side or the other, but the charges are too harsh for the amount of evidence given.Sure, they should have taken it to the track to race, but everyone has pulled up beside a friend and hit AT LEAST 86mph.What is that half way through third gear?Who knows what the other driver was doing?Talking on a cell phone, looked right, but never looked back left,etc. It is pretty easy for anyone with depth perception to see if they have enough time to pull out.If it is going to be close, they should have waited.I'm sure the racers have enough remorse for what they did that they will not do it again, and will act as an example of what can unintentionally happen from street racing. Seven to twelve years in jail for something that they cannot prove was completely your fault? Isn't it supposed to be guilty without a doubt? Without knowing what was going on in the other driver's mind, who knows what really happened.If I am running 70 in 65, and a drunk driver pulls out in front of me, who's fault is it?
Old 11-05-2003, 06:35 PM   #42
BigCountryGT
Registered Member

When I had my 96 GT I raced a Camaro up to 140mph on a 4-lane smoked him. But it was really really ssssssssstupid I had my girlfriend now wife in the car with me. If someone had tried to turn in front of me and I would have hit them I would have been guilty as hell if I would have lived. I guess I would have had more pity on these guys if they were fifteen or sixteen and not grown dam men. They knew what they were doing and just because it turned out bad they are trying to hide behind the shield of ignorance.

Did the dodge have a cage in it? They usually do, to hold the rusty parts together.
BigCountryGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 04:16 PM   #43
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Quote:
Originally posted by BigCountryGT
When I had my 96 GT I raced a Camaro up to 140mph on a 4-lane
Yes, but would it have been stupid if you had taken it up to 86mph? 140 is nearly twice the speed that they were traveling.

I'm not saying they should get off scott free. Suspended lisense, yea. Fine, yea. But 10 years in jail??? Hell no!!!.

-Josh, aka the tireburner

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 02:38 PM   #44
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Quote:
Originally posted by RED92LX50
When I was 20 (16 years ago) I had about 20 points on my license and was really mad at the insurance companies for cancelling my policy and jacking up rates to even carry me

Just because you were a wreckless driver 16 years ago please don't label me as one. I've got no tickets and no points on my license.

I DO street race and I WILL keep doing it. But only when traffic is very light/non-existant, there are no side streets, etc.

-Josh, aka the tireburner

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 08:32 PM   #45
srv1
Get down.....

Wow. People are not taking responsibility for thier actions. Sounds like a typical American thing to do!

He broke a law and killed someone. 10 years harsh? haha! I got a "what if" for you all. "What if" he was doing the speed limit and killed the person? Would it be an accident? Should he go to jail? I don't see why he should since he was obeying the law. Oh but wait he wasn't. Just wait until it happens to someone you know, like family member or a friend. Oh boy will the tables turn!

86 mph isnt fast? Holy schit, the aszclown award has a new owner

James
Old 11-10-2003, 09:23 AM   #46
BigCountryGT
Registered Member

Look I don't think street racing is the great evil that will be the downfall of modern civilization like the press will have you believe. It's been going on since one caveman discovered that his new "round" wheel was faster than the square rock his fellow cave
dwellers used.
But there is a HUGE difference RACING in town or a heavily populated area just after dark with no headlights on. Than going out to some deserted country road at 2 in the morning. Nor was this a simple 1/16 of a mile red light to red light. How fast would they have gotten if they would not have hit the girl? Would it have been different if they had reached 140 before hitting her? I will reiterate what I said before if these guys were a couple of teenagers who just happen to pull up at a red light........ But these were GROWN DAM MEN who through what I read met there for the sole purpose of racing, If you are going to plan to race why not at the track?

If it were my little girl the words "drug into the street and shot" come to mind.
BigCountryGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 12:45 PM   #47
RED92LX50
Registered Member

"Just because you were a wreckless driver 16 years ago please don't label me as one. I've got no tickets and no points on my license.

I DO street race and I WILL keep doing it. But only when traffic is very light/non-existant, there are no side streets, etc.

-Josh, aka the tireburner"

----------------------------------

Hey Josh - I don't think I labelled you as a wreckless driver (at least that was not my intent). The point I was trying to make is that I CAN see why people are on both sides of this argument. If it were 16 years ago - I would probably be on the side saying the girl should not have "cut in front of them"... but, now that I am much older and wiser I feel very differently.

Why is it that you see teenagers driving around shooting bikers/pedestrians with paintball guns - videotaping themselves, and saying how much fun it is...yet you never see a bunch of 40 year old guys driving around in their E-class Mercedes shooting people with paint guns? Do they just have better things to do, or maybe they don't think it so much fun, or maybe they don't want to face the consequences if they are caught... who knows.

I still can't believe how nobody wants to accept responsibility for anything these days. I live in Virginia, and was affected daily by the Sniper attacks (either in traffic jams, looking around while getting gas, or seeing it every night on the TV) - they caught these guys with the weapon...what are they pleading - you guessed it - NOT GUILTY. And the Commonwealth of Virginia (well, me as a taxpayer) gets to pay to defend these a$$clowns. Amazing.
R.H.C. #51
RED92LX50 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: