View Single Post
Old 11-05-2003, 03:16 PM   #41
GTvert
Registered Member

I'm not taking one side or the other, but the charges are too harsh for the amount of evidence given.Sure, they should have taken it to the track to race, but everyone has pulled up beside a friend and hit AT LEAST 86mph.What is that half way through third gear?Who knows what the other driver was doing?Talking on a cell phone, looked right, but never looked back left,etc. It is pretty easy for anyone with depth perception to see if they have enough time to pull out.If it is going to be close, they should have waited.I'm sure the racers have enough remorse for what they did that they will not do it again, and will act as an example of what can unintentionally happen from street racing. Seven to twelve years in jail for something that they cannot prove was completely your fault? Isn't it supposed to be guilty without a doubt? Without knowing what was going on in the other driver's mind, who knows what really happened.If I am running 70 in 65, and a drunk driver pulls out in front of me, who's fault is it?