View Single Post
Old 12-29-2000, 11:52 PM   #1
cleanLX
Registered Member

Post just got beat by rice...

i'm living in Phoenix, and this is what i get...
he had tailgated me for a ways, then at a red light pulled along side. as traffic flowed by he reved a couple of singer sewing machine zings out of the fart pipe. he had the darker that hell windows, and i couldn't see his face(that makes me madder than heck). i had just finished mountain biking, and i'm tired as heck, but i'm not gonna let this fly. i ease ahead a couple of feet to get his attention and he does the same, so i know its on. the cross traffic light turns red, so i dial up 3000-3200rpm, light blinks green and i ride the clucth out, maybee 15-20 feet, and then dump it, i get a slight chirp, zeplin is cranked on the noise box, so i do not know what he is up to, i slam second at about 4600 rpm, the throw is way long, and i felt major axle wrap on clutch realese, get a larg chirp on the shift and lurch ahead and look in the pass rear view, his front tires are about at my rear, i'm freaking, man i have to nail the 2-3 shift, watch the rev's climb, 4600rpm and reach and jab for third(man this thing needs a shifter) the litte ricer eases along side and starts to pull!! he eases by and starts to put on distance, i short shift, and get out of it. I've been beat, he's got too much top end for me... o well...
oh ya, i was driving our stock'97 jeep cherokee 4x4...
ha ha.. man i miss my mouse...

------------------
'92 emerald coupe, no air silencer, bored stock MAF to 60mm, sub-frames welded, strut tower brace, 180 thermo, 16 deg's, K'n'N panel, bosh platniums, u.d. pullies, off road h-pipe, hurst "stir stick", fms 3.73's. otherwise, factory original.
best 1/4 = 13.264@ 100.89mph with a 1.824 60 ft. on turbines with 235/60-R15 BFG DR's
cleanLX is offline   Reply With Quote