MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-08-2001, 01:43 PM   #1
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Talking KICK A$$ CRUISE NIGHT! Racing, close calls, ricer invasion, the works!

Man, last night (Saturday) at the hangout was awesome. Long story, but involves racing.

I only saw 3 cops all night long, for starters, as opposed to about 45. Some girl that worked at Books A Million, was hitting on me big time. Got to show my A$$ alot (No races though). NO rain, It was an awesome night before things starting getting REALLY GOOD.

My friend TIM C will post about some of the other events that happened (Saw A FIRE TURD loose control and almost roll over)

After me and two other Mustangs pulled up, the Firebird Poeople all got in there cars and left, about 15 of them. After standing around and talking for while, we heard a swarm of bees off in the distance. About 20 Riced Neons, Sunfires, Cavaliers, Accords, Civics, Hyndaui's, and even a VW Jettas pulled up and parked next to us. I ran to my car and pulled out my BBK Stickers and yelled " I got STICKERS"

Anyway, after 30 minutes of some tension, a few role up and give us the thumbs up, they stop for a minute and talk. Ask us were we race at, One of the guys told them "Anywhere you want to, lets go!" The ricer people said "Hell no, we dont want to race you all, were not stupid like those other kids!" They asked if they could comeback and check out our cars sometime, we siad yeah.

They seemded like okay poeple. Next, this mid 80's GMC pulled up, it sounded bad, cammin 350 under the hood. He says he's from Philly and wanted to race, and everyone he talked to sent him to us. It was just us Mustangers in the lot at the time. We thought the guy might be a Cop, or just some Dumb A$$ that was going to get himself killed, so we told him to go on withhimself. About that time the FireBird people roll up again, We send this guy with the GMC over to talk to them.

Two Firebirds, and the Jimmy Leave, one of our guys follows to watch the race. They all come back. The Firebird Poeple call us Mustang guys Pu$$ies for not wanting to race, and the Jimmy man says there aint a Ford made that could beat him. All kinds of trash talking commcenced, How GMs were king of the hill, but no Mustang here could take them on. The Jimmy ate up the FireBirds.

THe guy with the fastest Mustang, finally had enough, he was ticked. He all got our money out and donated it to the guy with the 88 LX with a 392 strocker. Runs mid to low 10's.

The guy with the GMC accepted the challenge, then backed off saying that the Mustang had slicks on it (They werent even cheater slick, they had full tread) We finally egged the GMC dude on, and they plopped down the money and Lined them up on the road infront of us.

We all ran to the side of the road to watch, I had keys in hand incase a cop came to bust. They got the red, spun tires, warming them up. The light turned, and They were off. The front end of that mustang just went upward, and launched, man you could hear the exhaust screaming off the surronding buildings. By an 8th of a mile (we have it all mapped off) the Mustang had about a 5-6 car leed on the JIMMY.

The GMC just let off by then, he pulled in and was defeated. Of course he had all kinds of excuses. The Firebird and Camaro people just hung there heads in shame. The fastest GM out there was probably a mid to high 12 sec car, and it wasnt running right at all.

The dude gave up the money he bet and things were wild from then on. FireBird guy lossing control and about flipping, Tons of Motor cycles racing down the street.

And to top of the awesome night, a few of the Mustangers think they found a good place to race at finally. Ever since the cops busted the one spot, its been a while.

Awesome NIGHT. You all just had to be there.

Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2001, 05:56 PM   #2
rbatson

I'm on vacation bro.. I just may have to come down there and visit my cousin(hang out with you guys).
Old 07-08-2001, 09:03 PM   #3
90dpscoupe
Registered Member

damn, i cant wait till we find a new spot, cops are flying above us in chopper's making us scatter

------------------
90 lx coupe: 175k miles, steeda water pump pully, hurst shifter, Mac cold air fenderwell, accel supercoil, ADS chip, aluminum D/S, Black magic fan, 3.27grs.
Best time: 13.9116(on 225/60/15 firehawks)
Best mph: 98.17
Best 60': 1.9607

next mods: subframes, mac h-pipe
90dpscoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2001, 10:15 PM   #4
69fastback
IRAQ VET

sounds like a fun night. Wish i could have seen the mustang kick some but.

------------------
69 428 cobra jet: tons of mods.
97 f-150 5.4 xlt mark III
BUCKLE UP. SUCK IT IN.
Objects in the mirror are about to disappear...
QUICKLY!!!!!!

69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2001, 10:44 PM   #5
Tim C
Registered Member

Yeah, that night was cool. After the big race, a couple of firebirds were leaving, turning left from the parking lot, and kindof fishtailing and slinging thier cars sideways. I saw one start to go around, and it didnt look like it would stop. I said Oh Sh*t, and the guy did a complete 360 getting up on two wheels, set it down and followed up with 180. He almost hit a phone pole, but got the car stopped on the wrong side of the road facing oncoming traffic. The car stalled and it took a few seconds to start it back up. He finally got it running and peeled off just as traffic started to get close. I left not too long after that, but i heard that some guys stayed out until 4:30am, and the guy with the 88 LX raced another new guy and won $100.

Im already looking forward to next Saturday.

Tim

------------------
99 35th Anniversary Edition GT (Scoop on the sides and the hood, billet aluminum shift knob, special floormats, special rims), Black and Silver leather interior, Mach 460 Sound, 5 speed, Flowmasters, K&N Filter, Steeda Triax Shifter, Flowtech H-pipe (hopefully gears soon)
Tim C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2001, 12:45 AM   #6
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Damn Tim, we should of stuck around a little longer. I didnt eat dinner that night, and I was about to pass out I was so hungry. Who did J race? Was it someone that knew the "Philly Dude", or one of the many ricers? Or did one of the Firebird people thing they actually had something?

I think Sue and Tine are going to go out cruising with us. I told them about Saturday night, and Tina thought it sounded fun. Thats an understatement. I told Eric and he said we'd get the Fairlane up and running REAL SOON.

THink I'll bring some money next Saturday to do some talking with. I got 60 dollars in quarters saved up, I'll just cash em.

Oh man, I'm already excited about next Saturday, and its only Monday.

Rbatson.

Come on down man, well give you a time and place to meet us. Do you know the streets of Fayetteville all that well? If you feel uncomfortable driving, hell you can ride with one of us.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2001, 11:06 PM   #7
Tim C
Registered Member

I dont know who he raced last. Chrissy saw Alan and Terry (with the white Talon) at her work on Sunday, and they asked where she was, and said after we left they stayed until 4:30, and J raced some newcomer who thought he had hot sh*t. I dont know what he had or who he was or knew. You should have said something about being hungry, we could have stopped at Wendy's or somewhere. Im definately looking forward to Saturday. I have to spend the day working on my cousins Camaro though. He is supposed to be getting a new rear end (complete with brakes and 3.42s, to replace the 2.7?s, and we have to install longtubes and purple hornies glasspacks like the fairlane. If you want, you can stand around and smoke, or uh, "help" Speaking of the Fairlane, did they get the clutch yet? Oh and i found out from a parts guy at work that a 2001 hood scoop is moulded in the color, and costs about $140 for it and the honeycomb grill. Less at my cost.

Tim

------------------
99 35th Anniversary Edition GT (Scoop on the sides and the hood, billet aluminum shift knob, special floormats, special rims), Black and Silver leather interior, Mach 460 Sound, 5 speed, Flowmasters, K&N Filter, Steeda Triax Shifter, Flowtech H-pipe (hopefully gears soon)
Tim C is offline   Reply With Quote