MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-27-2001, 08:34 PM   #1
fiveohpatrol
I'd rather be basketweaving

Post wholly sHitt, i killed my previous best et/mph

...actually killed the mph more than i did the et

i ran it at the same track today as my best with the AOD and after the T-5 swap i hadnt gotten to a good track, my previous best with the AOD was a 13.77@101.3, today (in very cold weather) was a 13.42@106.1

i finally got the nittos to hook, that time was on a 1.89s 60'

everyone seemed to be running pretty good trap speeds with the cold air, but 5mph faster just seems unreal to me

another thing, shouldnt i have a faster et with that mph? i've seen stangs with 104mph in the 12's, and i know im hooking good so its not the launch,
one thing though, the t-5 i got is severely used and the 2nd gear synchros are SHOT, so it was very hard to hit 2nd gear (actually missed 2nd about half of my passes) and the ones that i got it in gear were slowly granny shifted

i think if i had the same weather and traction with a good tranny that it could maybe get a 13.2 with some good ole speed shiftin

im extremely happy about all of it (except for the tranny crap) i'd never even hit a 1.9 60ft, so the 1.89 was awesome for me

oh yah, and i also smoked 2fastLX sorry kevin, I had to tell em'

------------------
88 Notch, B&M Ripper, 3.73's, Ported E7's, Explorer int. w/ ported lower, pulleys, 1.7RR's, BBK headers, off-road H-pipe, flowmasters, subframes, 65mm TB, March ram air ,MSD coil, U/L control arms, 155lph f/p, Crane Adj.FPR, Nitto drag radials, best 1/4--> 13.76@101.4 on a 2.17 60ft
fiveohpatrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2001, 08:39 PM   #2
fiveohpatrol
I'd rather be basketweaving

Cool

just postin my new sig. and noticed something... damn i talk a lot

------------------
88 Notch, B&M Ripper, 3.73's, Ported E7's, Explorer int. w/ ported lower, pulleys, 1.7RR's, full exhaust,65mm TB, Nitto DR's, new best 1/4--> 13.42@106.18 (1.89 short time)
fiveohpatrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2001, 09:38 PM   #3
Five0
Registered Member

[This message has been edited by Five0 (edited 10-27-2001).]
Five0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2001, 09:40 PM   #4
Five0
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by fiveohpatrol:
oh yah, and i also smoked 2fastLX sorry kevin, I had to tell em'
Hehehe, Congrats, and yes you should be faster than a 13.4. Me thinks you will be in the 12's soon with a good transmission and a good run.

------------------
James Cox
nochevy@hotmail.com
1991 Mustang LX

[This message has been edited by Five0 (edited 10-27-2001).]
Five0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2001, 10:44 AM   #5
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

Yeah, you smoked me by a bit. Neil got fairly close to ya when he drove it didn't he?

I should have had you throw your Nittos on mine and take it for a spin to see what it would run with traction. You'd be jealous when you slammed the gears with my T-5. It shifts pretty smooth.

I should have grown some balls earlier in the day when Wade was still there so I could have tried his slicks. But I am kinda glad I resisted because I have always told myself no matter what I am going to wait until I get the torque boxes reinforced.

You want to come down to the Action Track Saturday Drew? I'll get those quads yanked so we can make a couple sticky runs.

------------------
Gunning for 12's!

Buy your parts here
ICQ# 42269241
2FastLX is offline   Reply With Quote