MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-02-2001, 02:41 AM   #1
FordFasteR
Registered Member

Lightbulb KILLED that LIGHTNING by 3 cars tonite !!!!

Everybody, this morning i put a racing pulley on my crank... later this evening, i took the pony out to the races and i caught up with the lightning from thursday nite, if you all recall, he beat me by just 1 car length, i was at his bumper the entire race...

all things must change...

tonite we raced, and i got him by 3 full car lengths by mid 4th gear when he let off, if i would have gone up to top of 4th, i'm positive i could have 4-5 car lead on him..

I didnt know that ONE SINGLE CRANK pulley swap can add so much power!!!!

i also raced another stang with similar mods to mine, he had slicks on.. he got me off the line, but i pulled him by 2nd, and got a full car length ahead of him by top of 4th gear...

all in all, it was a great nite of racing.

and for those of you who dont beleive this stuff, i DID NOT USE NITROUS on any runs tonite.

FORD !!!!!
FordFasteR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2001, 11:00 AM   #2
I hate Rice
Registered Member

Would you post your signiture??
I hate Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2001, 11:08 AM   #3
FordFasteR
Registered Member

Here you go dude, i cut and pasted this from the thursday nite post when i LOST to this lightning by 1 car length and i could not gain. this particular race was different, because i was GAINING the entire time, and all i changed was my crank pulley ONLY.

my mods. 89lx coupe, was a 4 cylinder.

Stock ported heads (exhaust side only)
crane 1.6 blazer roller rockers.
crane 2040 cam, .498/.498 lift @ 220-220 duration 110 LSA.
comp cams racing valve springs.
taller chrome valve covers.
racing crank pulley, other pulleys are stock.
bbk shorty headers, bbk off-road h-pipes.
2 chamber flowmaster mufflers with dumps.
torker 2, 302 single plane intake manifold.
edelbrock 600 CFM 4 barrel mechanical carb.
1 inch spacer.
14 inch chrome edelbrock air cleaner.
MSD 6AL, msd blaster efi coil. stock distributor, stock wires and plugs.
Jacobs Nitrous Mastermind Nitrous Controller.
2 holley RED fuel pumps inline using 3/8 fuel line from a home-made pickup tube in the stock fuel tank.
only accessories are waterpump and 130 amp alternator using the STOCK pulleys (for now)
by-passed power steering. NO A/C.
world class t-5, aluminum driveshaft. 4.10 FMS gears.
RCI racing plastic seats up front.
full interior otherwise.
autometer 5 inch tach with shiftlight.
stock shifter, home made bushing (quick steel) to eliminate shifter flex.
home made tubular sub-frame connectors.
eibach drag-launch springs.
all sway bars removed.
removed front inner plastic fenders wells.
2 core radiator.
Discount autoparts electric fan.
removed rear STEEL inner bumper.
no spare tire, or jacking hardware.
2 inch harwood bolt-on cowl fiberglass hood.
4 cylinder breakes and struts all around.

there is no thermostat, just the housing is in the neck to restrict the flow but it runs COOOOOL in the summer time all day ! hahaha

Old 09-02-2001, 06:26 PM   #4
I hate Rice
Registered Member

Based on your expeirance just replacing the crank pully would you recommend just replacing the crank pully or going with a steeda pack and replacing all three?

------------------
97 Mustang GT Convertible
http://www.mustangworks.com/cgi-bin/...splay.cgi?1858
K&N filter
No silencer
Sidewinder 5000 Alarm

Gotta love Rice cuase they always travel in groups so you can embaress them in front of their buds.

I hate Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2001, 10:04 PM   #5
bada$$lx

Cool

I don't think the pulley was the reason you beat him by 4 lengths....it would'nt have made you 5 cars faster (about .5 quicker in the 1/4)......although i could be wrong. Did you launch better/spin less this time?

------------------
'90 LX 5.0;12K original miles (no sh*&);3.55 gears; March pulleys;Edelbrock Performer Heads;BBK 1 5/8" equal length shorties;MSD 6AL ignition w/ blaster 2 coil;FMS E303 cam;Pro-M 75mm MAF;BBK 70mm TB; Eibach drag-launch spring kit;Southside welded subs;9" K&N cone filter charger;Hurst shifter;Cervini's 3" turbo hood;A/C delete; gutted cats;2 chamber Flomasters;Corbeau racing seats;FMS 30# injectors;JMS chip; Holley 190lb fp;TFS track heat Intake (12.299 @ 113 - 1.78 60')
Old 09-03-2001, 04:14 AM   #6
FordFasteR
Registered Member

Red face

There is always the element of "driver" involved in any race.

but i must say, the pulley helped me alot, because tonite, i killed my first LS1 camaro on MOTOR and STREET TIRES!!!!!

thats right, WITHOUT NITROUS !!!!!!

this was verified by the camaro club members in PERSON.

FORD !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-03-2001, 01:17 PM   #7
FordFasteR
Registered Member

I Hate Rice..... <<< your sig says you have a 97... this would be a 4.6, i dont know jack about those motors, all i know is the 5.0 HO hehehe... but, from my knowledge, i would say that pulleys make an improvement on any car, but most of all, on a v8 with a long, LONG serpentine belt... it reduces a lot of drag and can produce over 10 rwhp on some cars... depending on your mods.. .

i have noticed, that if you have a totally stock car, and do just ONE mod, it doesnt make a big difference, becase there are still 50 other stock parts choking away power from you at every corner... if you have a motor with many mods, sometimes, even a basic bolt-on like a crank pulley can make a big power jump that you can actually FEEL.

this is what happened on my car, that crank pulley helps me make more power on top end where i need it to pull away from cars with over 80 rwhp than me. also, power to weight ratio plays a big role in my example, because i usually race cars with 100 rwhp more, but they also weight 400 lb more !

When i tell people what happens at the races, they say i'm a liar, the actual www.SFFBA.com members that are there with me are blown away because they see it with their own eyes and that gives me piece of mind , when i post on their message boards, the people that were not there get mad, then their own friends back me up and they stay quiet. i love the feeling of winning a race and telling everybody about it so they can shut up !

in the famous words of the Ramones, "youre a loudmouth baby you better shut up !"

FORD !