MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-02-2004, 11:54 AM   #1
lx-missile
Registered Member

Default Killed by a Porsche. . .

This is an old story, but since no one else is posting here, I figured I'd give you guys (and gals) a laugh.

Right out of highschool went to a local dealership that had two cars I was interested in: a slightly used 87 Grand National and a new '87 LX ragtop 5.0. I actually wanted the GN, but was a day too late, so I drove (and bought) the 5 liter. Keep in mind, I was an 18 year old kid, with a mediocre job and not a dime to my name. Between paying my apartment rent and making the car payment, I was beyond broke every month, so I wasn't really able to do anything to the 'stang that required much money. The one item I wanted desperately but never got was a gear. This sled was geared 2.73, so pretty much anything could get a jump on me, but top end was OK.

Anyway, late one night me and my brother were out goofing around when I came up behind a Porsche at a light (it was a two lane road). As soon as my brother saw the car, he started goading me. I had no intention of racing, but being young and stupid, I let him talk me into it. I held the brake against the gas (power-braking is what we called it) and began to incinerate the gatorbacks. Tire smoke was starting to fill the air (it seemed like the light lasted for ever), and the back end of the 'stang was starting to come around.

Meanwhile, the dude in the Porsche (who had been minding his own business) was steady looking in his mirror at the idiot behind him. The light finally changed, and I released the brake. The back end of my LX started straightening out, but it was already too late. The Porsche was GONE. The most beautiful part was when he hung his hand out the window and waved bye to me!

Of couse, I wasn't going to give up, and knew it was about two miles or so to the next stop sign. I stayed in it, but the best I could do was keep him in sight. By the time we got to the sign, he was waiting on me, then proceeded to roast me again.

My brother was laughing hysterically while I was wishing I had never listened to him in the first place.

I shamefully relayed my story to a guy at work the next day, and after asking me a few questions (what color, what direction he went, etc.) he said he new the guy and that the dude raced Porsche's, and that one wasn't stock. I don't know if he was telling the truth or just trying to make me feel a little better, but I was glad to hear it either way. Nothing quite as bad as being humiliated by a hotrod VW.

Last edited by lx-missile; 10-02-2004 at 01:01 PM..
lx-missile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 07:12 PM   #2
Rev
Registered Member

Default 911?

I'm guessing it was a 911 of some description?

Rev

O.B.C. #2

'66 coupe
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 04:01 AM   #3
Morgan Ball
90stang

Default Re: Killed by a Porsche. . .

One evening I was cruising about 35 mph next to a old guy driving a porsche. I reved my motor and glanced over and the guy said as we drove along. " I cant, I just bought her, she only has 50 miles." I nodded in agreement that it would not be smart. He complimented my cars sound and I returned the praise. My story is much less painful than yours but hey you win some and you lose some.
Morgan Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 09:50 AM   #4
Devine65GT
Registered Member

Im sitting at a light the other day, not paying any attention to anything, and i see this porsche pulls up next to me, im in the 65 stang at the time. hes prolly about 38 or 40 listeing to music loud with the top down, he starts reving up his car, it sounds good.. i have no intention of raceing him. its the middle of the day on cop infested streach of the road. anyway he keeps it up reving it up he looks over to me and says what are you scared i whip that ford. so bout that time the light turnes green and i light it up. i get a great launch and i keep on it through 2nd and hes right on my a$$ i shift into 3rd and boom im gone i take this chump by a good 3 cars. we pull up to the next light. hiom music is done no reving it up quiet as a church mouse. i look over to him and said how bout thoughs fords now and i laugh at him..
Old 11-25-2004, 09:51 AM   #5
Devine65GT
Registered Member

oops........... -`/

Last edited by Devine65GT; 11-25-2004 at 11:58 AM..
Devine65GT is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: