MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-03-2001, 11:48 AM   #1
NO SLO PK
Registered Member

Post Ate a Porsche Boxster

So last night I'm on the 210 freeway when a white Porsche Boxter roars by in the other lane. I tail him, and we go for it. Immediately my rpm jumps to 5500 (slipping clutch!) but my LX hangs in there. I hold steady behind him from 80-120, and then he backs off. I didn't want to roll up on his bumper too much, since Boxters have great brakes/Mustangs do not.

I checked to see if the Porsche wanted to go again, but he did not. Finally, when I slowed down, my heart was pumping and my legs were shaking. Must have been a good run.

------------------
Russ L
'91 LX
Procharger, 3 row intercooler, extrude honed Cobra intake, Mac full Length Headers, 30# inj., 73mm C&L, 75mm tb, E303 cam, 289 rods, ported E7 heads, MSD, T-Rex w/255 lph Walbro, 5 lug conversion, Cobra R wheels, 3.27 gears and Moser Axles.
NO SLO PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 02:04 PM   #2
inferno
The Instigator

You have a supercharged Mustang and you were wasting your time with a Boxster???? ROFLMAO!!!! Unless it was a Boxster S, you could have killed it stock.

------------------
90 Honda CRX aka Project Mongoose
84 Toyota Supra aka Natural Born Killa
inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 03:16 PM   #3
302 LX Eric
or '331 LX Eric'

I guess if it was an Integra with a GSR motor then it would have been "ok" to race him? Geesh!

Good race NO SLO PK - still gotta get that clutch fixed though.

Take it easy,
E

------------------
1991 5.0 LX Coupe - 38,000 miles

13.17 @ 106.14 mph w/ 2.138 60'
302 LX Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 04:14 PM   #4
NO SLO PK
Registered Member

Thanks Eric, I guess there's always gotta be one in every group.

------------------
Russ L
'91 LX
Procharger, 3 row intercooler, extrude honed Cobra intake, Mac full Length Headers, 30# inj., 73mm C&L, 75mm tb, E303 cam, 289 rods, ported E7 heads, MSD, T-Rex w/255 lph Walbro, 5 lug conversion, Cobra R wheels, 3.27 gears and Moser Axles.
Old 04-03-2001, 08:16 PM   #5
Rev
Registered Member

Hey, I figure any Porsche is fair game. If it's OK to blow the doors off Hondas, then it has to be OK to race Boxters.

Rev

------------------
'66 Coupe, 306, 300 HP, C-4, 13.97 e.t., 100.3 mph
1/4 mi.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 08:29 PM   #6
Lizard King
midnightruns.com

Big deal ... there slow...

You should try running a Carrera 4.

I'm only 1 car lenght off on the quartermile run.
Lizard King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 02:01 AM   #7
inferno
The Instigator

Quote:
Originally posted by Lizard King:
Big deal ... there slow...

You should try running a Carrera 4.

I'm only 1 car lenght off on the quartermile run.
Finally someone who agrees. You might as well have raced a Yugo or an SI. And saying an "Integra with a GSR motor" really shows how much you know about Hondas Eric.

------------------
Old 04-04-2001, 08:36 AM   #8
302 LX Eric
or '331 LX Eric'

inferno - I agree with you that the Boxter is not the fastest car out there, but in general, most who drive them think that becasue they have a Porsche that it's damn fast. So NO SLO PK merely mixed it up with one and decided to share it with us. That's cool. This is the Street Racers corner, isn't it?

And you're right, I really know next to nothing about Honda's - I just felt that your first comment was a little harsh and maybe even a bit hypocritical, and I responded as such.

It seems like if we post something to the effect of "smoked a riced-out civic by 50 car lengths" we get ridiculed for picking on them or something else. But, when we race a Porsche (albeit a Boxster) we comments like "...wasting your time with a Boxster???? ROFLMAO!!!!..." What gives?

inferno, I understand that you are really into hipo import cars and I think that is great. I welcome you on this board and actually enjoy reading and learning about the import segment of the competition.

Take it easy,
E

------------------
1991 5.0 LX Coupe - 38,000 miles

13.17 @ 106.14 mph w/ 2.138 60'
302 LX Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 10:26 AM   #9
inferno
The Instigator

Quote:
Originally posted by 302 LX Eric:
inferno - I agree with you that the Boxter is not the fastest car out there, but in general, most who drive them think that becasue they have a Porsche that it's damn fast. So NO SLO PK merely mixed it up with one and decided to share it with us. That's cool. This is the Street Racers corner, isn't it?

And you're right, I really know next to nothing about Honda's - I just felt that your first comment was a little harsh and maybe even a bit hypocritical, and I responded as such.

It seems like if we post something to the effect of "smoked a riced-out civic by 50 car lengths" we get ridiculed for picking on them or something else. But, when we race a Porsche (albeit a Boxster) we comments like "...wasting your time with a Boxster???? ROFLMAO!!!!..." What gives?

inferno, I understand that you are really into hipo import cars and I think that is great. I welcome you on this board and actually enjoy reading and learning about the import segment of the competition.

Take it easy,
E

If you notice, I am usually one of the first to criticize rice(look at my response in the Celica Thread) and I also have said on many occasions that racing import car X is a waste of time. The only time I usually make a comment that all of you disagree with, is when someone makes a blanket statement condemning all imports or all of one sort of import. The reason why I laugh at racing a regular Boxster even more is the fact that I have seen them beaten by cars you consider "unworthy" of racing a stang(slightly modded Integra GSR's, slightly modded Si's, etc, etc). I am a car guy and I like imports and domestics although I prefer imports and probably never will purchase any kind of domestic car. One last thing, the title of this thread says he ate the Boxster, but he was behind it the whole time....I think that is a bit misleading and I decided to use discretion and not say what I was going to say.

------------------
Old 04-04-2001, 10:49 AM   #10
NO SLO PK
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by inferno:
One last thing, the title of this thread says he ate the Boxster, but he was behind it the whole time.

Well of course I was behind it, there was a just a single lane of traffic open (duh). And no, I wasn't about to jump in and out of lanes like a ricer and pretend like I was accomplishing something.

Honestly, I couldn't tell if it was a Boxster S or a regular one. It did move like an LT1/LS1. Actually, I didn't know there was a difference in Boxsters until it was pointed out. Unfortunately, I don't have time to keep up the stats of all the imports. They're all just part of the food chain .

------------------
Russ L
'91 LX

[This message has been edited by NO SLO PK (edited 04-04-2001).]
Old 04-04-2001, 11:09 AM   #11
69fastback
IRAQ VET

I love to kill anything i don't care what it is. If someone thinks they are bad they deserver a butt kicking.

------------------
69 428 cobra jet: tons of mods.
97 f-150 5.4 xlt mark III
BUCKLE UP. SUCK IT IN.
Objects in the mirror are about to disappear...
QUICKLY!!!!!!

69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2001, 12:15 AM   #12
Lizard King
midnightruns.com

Dude even the Boxter S is not a big challenge. ... unless it's a braking contest.
Old 04-05-2001, 08:45 AM   #13
SMOKE
Old School ROUSH

Good kill. Period
Boxster S or not.

It's always good to take down the expensive euro cars.
SMOKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2001, 03:22 PM   #14
mmike

Last time i checked a boxter S would be a strong challange to a 1999+ or any other year mustang GT.
Old 04-05-2001, 04:25 PM   #15
Rev
Registered Member

Don't Boxter s's run very low 14's, like 14.1 or 14.2? Correct me if I'm wrong. Most 99-01 gt's run 14.3ish from what I hear. Lizard King's GT runs well into the 13's, so he would definitely smoke a Boxter S. That doesn't mean all 99-01 GT's would. I personally would love to race a Boxter S. Granted, the only Boxter I ever raced (not an S), got smoked by a lot.

Rev

------------------
'66 Coupe, 306, 300 HP, C-4, 13.97 e.t., 100.3 mph
1/4 mi.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2001, 04:46 PM   #16
Lizard King
midnightruns.com

I just checked REV, the margin is slimmer than originally thought.

MotorTrend states at http://www.motortrend.com/feb00/boxster/boxster_f.html

Porsche Boxter S: "In the end, our best run to 60 mph was 5.8 seconds, while our quickest run through the quarter mile took a scant 14.2 at 98.8."

http://www.motortrend.com/dec99/must...stanggt_f.html
99 Mustang GT: "0-60 mph in 5.4 seconds and a 14.0-second/100.2-mph quarter-mile run is as good or better than any stock Mustang we've ever tested, Cobra or not."

... and there is still the street drive performance issue you know.
Old 04-05-2001, 05:43 PM   #17
NO SLO PK
Registered Member

Yep, and a typical characteristic of Porsches is that they accelerate quite well at higher speeds compared to what their quarter mile times would show. Except for the 911 Turbo, which accelerates well at darn near any speed.

------------------
Russ L
'91 LX