MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-19-2001, 10:13 PM   #1
90dpscoupe
Registered Member

Post Killing f-bods all night!!

Wed we went for some test n tune at the local strip, i didnt run im still waiting on my subframes and getting a new shifter and some rr's.

But we took my friends street driven 85 notch out there, Mods: pretty sure the heads are stock according to windsor power topic i posted a while back, it is an ex 4 banger according to the vin, but he bought it with weld's skinnies front, and 26x10.5 m/t et streets back, he put 4.10 grs in, it has a lopey cam, not sure about specs, victor jr. intake, holley 650 dp, 150-175 shot jets nos, crank pulley looks small, longtubes 2 cbr flows, pretty much everything you can do except heads i guess.

it was his first time running with the nos, on motor it ran low 13's spinning the e.t streets through 1st (t-5)2.0 60's.

there was a bunch of car club f-bods out there, and while we were pushing his car up to stage, i asked a guy next to us in a 99-01 t/a ws6 if he wanted to run this stang, he nodded his head arrogantly and ignored me? like we were a waste of his time, he had e.t. streets and some spray, not sure on shot, maybe a 100, so the t/a guy wanted to run another t/a, and my friend had to run that one solo, so we were convinced he was scared to lose in front of his car club buddies, well he should because he blew the little black puff with the 150 shot, wheels came up a bit and he went 12.03 @ 117 on his 1st run! second time looky here, it was the guy in the ws6, they lined up, and my buddies stang walked all over him with 12.1 @ 119 he spun (1.9) the t/a missed a gr and went 17 lol, but he (ls1) was running 12.60's on spray until he took out a syn in the 6spd and burned a clutch.

it was great guys, then i saw a saleen like skymans with a vortech knocking off all kinds of f-bods all night running low 12's on street tires! i had a great time, wish i could video this action. sorry for the long story

But he is running 108 traps on motor, i dont see how those heads could be stock? he is bolting on stage 3 trickflows tomorrow, and maybe gonna sell me his old heads, must have some port work on them to be running that fast, he is hitting the shift light at 6k in 4th at the top, it is a perfect setup

------------------
90 lx coupe:5spd, 176k miles, steeda water pump pulley, Mac cold air fenderwell, Mac h-pipe, supercoil, ADS chip, aluminum D/S, Black magic fan, 3.27grs.
Best time: 13.9116(on 225/60/15 firehawks)
Best mph: 98.17
Best 60': 1.9607

next mods:4.10's
90dpscoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2001, 03:06 PM   #2
FordFasteR
Registered Member

WHOA !!!

now that is something i like to hear !!

killing F bodies and LS1's all day ! hahaha

FORD RULES !!!!!!!!!!!!!

FordFasteR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2001, 10:17 PM   #3
90dpscoupe
Registered Member

Alright, he went to install some trickflow stage 3's on it today, the guys at the shop found that his cam will not work with the tf setup,(clearance) so now he is getting a 347 with trick flow heads steel crank...and yadda yadda, he wont even need any juice now, they are guaranting mid 11's on the motor alone! if his t-5 holds up.

But he will also have a matched trickflow cam, and will keep the 302 for a spare motor, which is fast as well.
90dpscoupe is offline   Reply With Quote