MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-08-2001, 01:10 AM   #1
fiveohpatrol
I'd rather be basketweaving

Talking killed a fellow stang, badly!

i had my first street race on my nittos tonight and they worked pretty well
i was driving down the main road in town and was slowing to a light and saw a few stangs parked and some guys talking, one of them yelled they wanted to race so i pulled over and talked to them for a few, they didnt know a whole lot about stangs but they were pretty cool, this guy thought his 87-93lx hatch was a 86 1/2 ? i then asked if he converted the front end and tail lights, and he said no thats all stock, i just laughed to myself and shrugged it off, we went down to a road that ends up being about 1/4 mile with plenty of road to slow down, also no telephone poles or trees on the sides of the roads
anyway, first run his buddy jumps out and yells 1,2,3 go and i spin fairly bad in 1st then go, i got him by about 4-5 carlengths at the end at about 100mph, second race was pretty much the same
we stopped and talked afterwards, he actually was really cool about losing so bad, not to mention that he told me he had NEVER been beaten on the street before, i thought that was cool that i did it
just thought i'd share my joy with all of ya

------------------
88 Notch, B&M Ripper, 3.73's, Ported E7's, Explorer int. w/ ported lower, pulleys, 1.7RR's, BBK headers, off-road H-pipe, flowmasters, subframes, 65mm TB, March ram air ,MSD coil, U/L control arms, 155lph f/p, Crane Adj.FPR, Nitto drag radials, best 1/4--> 13.76@101.4 on a 2.17 60ft
fiveohpatrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2001, 12:51 AM   #2
I hate Rice
Registered Member

I have a 97 white gt convertible and I am following a 92 white 5.0 convertible. We cruise through a couple of green lights then one in the distance turns red. We haul *** to catch it and exchange info. Nice guy. He doesnt any grip and I just haul some serious *** . Afterward be offered the standard 'i couldnt get any traction' excuse. Not my problem. 5.0 v 4.6 showdown. It was fun

------------------
97 Mustang GT Convertible
http://www.mustangworks.com/cgi-bin/...splay.cgi?1858
K&N filter
No silencer
Sidewinder 5000 Alarm

Gotta love Rice cuase they always travel in groups so you can embaress them in front of their buds.

I hate Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2001, 04:37 PM   #3
bada$$lx

Cool

You should be ashamed of yourself! Nice kill - even though it was one of your own . We all gotta do it one time or another.

------------------
'90 LX 5.0;12K original miles (no sh*&);3.55 gears; March pulleys;Edelbrock Performer Heads;BBK 1 5/8" equal length shorties;MSD 6AL ignition w/ blaster 2 coil;FMS E303 cam;Pro-M 75mm MAF;BBK 70mm TB; Eibach drag-launch spring kit;Southside welded subs;9" K&N cone filter charger;Hurst shifter;Cervini's 3" turbo hood;A/C delete; gutted cats;2 chamber Flomasters;Corbeau racing seats;FMS 30# injectors;JMS chip; Holley 190lb fp;TFS track heat Intake (12.299 @ 113 - 1.78 60')
Old 09-10-2001, 05:01 PM   #4
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Nice, fiveohpatrol. Sounds like good recreation to me.
I hope you educated the young stanger... (not by just wippin his butt either ).

...wasn't gonna post this, but since the topic is already here...

Today, I was riding behind this broke down '87-'88 GT and after a few minutes of this, knew that there was no way I'd feel good about racing a car in such condition so I get beside it to get around it (me in the right lane) and this motorcycle in front of me slows down to make a right turn WITHOUT SIGNALING!! (guess he thought I was telepathic) so after he turns I get down on it HARD as if to say "yeah, screw you buddy".

The trashy mustang was way ahead now, but when I got down hard on the accelerator, this nice looking '91-93 GT flys up beside me (sounded and looked good too). I could tell it was pretty much stock though + aftermarket mufflers, but he really wanted to go so...

...coming upon a red light, we're both in left lane, he in front and me directly behind him (other lanes occupied). Light turns green we both launch hard (no spinning) and I fly pass him b4 even reaching 3rd. No challenge. So instead of going his way (which was out of my way) I turn left, smile and wave at the next exit.

Haven't had a race in a few weeks so felt good.

--Dangit, I can't tell a short/succinct race story for nothing.

-----------------------------------------
351W-powered 1979 Ford Mustang notchback
Stock 5.8L under custom made 4" cowl, C4 w/ shift kit
Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake
1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, Al driveshaft
2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters
Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 255/60/15 Eagle GT II
Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s
14 x 4” K&N air filter. Only a couple of weeks b4 Project FOX begins!!!

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2001, 07:25 PM   #5
fiveohpatrol
I'd rather be basketweaving

uhh younger stanger? actually he looked to be in his mid to high 20's and im 19 so it has nothing to do with age, age doesnt always equal experience and knowledge, i know plenty of older guys that have no clue what they are talking about as well
check out 5.0Mustang's April 2000 issue pg. 8-9 for more of my thoughts on this
Drew

------------------
88 Notch, B&M Ripper, 3.73's, Ported E7's, Explorer int. w/ ported lower, pulleys, 1.7RR's, BBK headers, off-road H-pipe, flowmasters, subframes, 65mm TB, March ram air ,MSD coil, U/L control arms, 155lph f/p, Crane Adj.FPR, Nitto drag radials, best 1/4--> 13.76@101.4 on a 2.17 60ft
fiveohpatrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2001, 09:09 PM   #6
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Wink

One can be 100 years old and be a "young stanger" while another can be 17 and be an "elder stanger". Catch my drift?

...'86 1/2 Mustang? He was a young stanger, regardless of physical age.

-----------------------------------------
351W-powered 1979 Ford Mustang notchback
Stock 5.8L under custom made 4" cowl, C4 w/ shift kit
Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake
1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, Al driveshaft
2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters
Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 255/60/15 Eagle GT II
Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s
14 x 4” K&N air filter. Only a couple of weeks b4 Project FOX begins!!!

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote