MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-19-2001, 10:19 PM   #1
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Thumbs up Laid waste to a 5.0

(This was in the GT)

Turning out of my street tonight I see a blue LX in my rearview, coming up on me. I proceeded to get up to speed, and just cruise along, and the guy kept his distance behind me. Eventually, we came to a more deserted stretch of road, and I see the guy speed up and pass me, and he looked over at my car, checking it out. I played catch up, and followed him through some light traffic. When we got to the head of the group I was about 2 car lengths behind him, and I saw the tell-tale puffs of smoke come out his tailpipes, so I knew he was on it so I did the same. I quickly made up the difference, and then some, and by 110 when we shut down I was very far ahead of him. The funniest part was that when I was pulling past him, he was just giving me this look of total helplessness. God, it was beautiful.

His car looked and sounded stock, so the outcome was pretty much going to be obvious, but this was my first run against a random 5.0, and since you never know if you're racing a 10 sec stroked, blown crazy *** ride, or just a stocker, I was pleased with the result.

BTW, I think Ive decided to not get nuts with the cobra, and instead put my cash into the GT.

------------------
Black 2000 GT
Bassani X-pipe, Magnaflow Mufflers, Steeda Pulleys, K&N Filter. Steeda Weld in Subframes, Strut Tower brace, Sport Springs, Caster/Camber Plates.

Red 1994 Mustang Cobra #4343
Pulleys, Shorty Headers, K&N filter, short throw shifter.
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2001, 12:16 AM   #2
mustang marty gt

good kill i have 2000 gt also but is still under warranty but they said i could puy flows on it cant wait to mod it good run good luck

------------------