MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Stang Stories (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Last track day results...I'm stoked! (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=39494)

jonnyk 10-05-2003 07:49 PM

Last track day results...I'm stoked!

Today was a good day at the track, I upped my timing to 20 degrees intial and have switched to Magnaflow mufflers. I also tried shifting it higher in the powerband (5800 instead of 5300). I was rewarded today with a sticky track (but hot air) and ran new best 60', ET and MPH. New times are 13.186 @ 106.09 mph, 2.059 60'. My old best was 13.47 @ 103.93 and 2.095.
This is all in 100% street trim, 17" totally bald tires, stereo in the hatch, etc.
Next year I'll be back with coilovers in the front, wider tires out back, and a Novi 2000 blowing some boost in there. :D

1jimmy__d 10-05-2003 09:34 PM

good runs man. i hope to be there too. my best is 13.2 at 112:eek: spraying with a 2.1 60' time. With seeing your times, i should be in the 12's with some traction! well done;) i hope to go one more time next friday and see what i can do!

RoadWarrior 10-06-2003 01:13 AM

Ya the car was looking good out there today. Too bad things didnt work in my favor with my car. We'll see if i have something for you once my next project is done. And remember you said your going to help me not sabotage me. But I cant wait to see your car with the blower on it. It should be nice. cant beat it when a clean car walks all over you.

Stang_Crazy 10-06-2003 04:03 PM

Re: Last track day results...I'm stoked!

Quote:

Originally posted by jonnyk
and a Novi 2000 blowing some boost in there. :D
The Novi 2k is a MONSTER of a blower. You're going to love it. How many #'s do you plan on running?

jonnyk 10-06-2003 07:46 PM

Re: Re: Last track day results...I'm stoked!

Quote:

Originally posted by Stang_Crazy
The Novi 2k is a MONSTER of a blower. You're going to love it. How many #'s do you plan on running?
I just finalized the order today. I plan on converting it so I can run a blow through MAF, and run as big of a powerpipe as I can in front of it with stock pulleys. If I see 11-12 psi I'll be happy. I'm hoping to peg around 470 rwhp on a Mustang Dyno with it next season... :D

Ackbar00 10-07-2003 11:17 AM

Re: Re: Re: Last track day results...I'm stoked!

Quote:

I just finalized the order today. I plan on converting it so I can run a blow through MAF, and run as big of a powerpipe as I can in front of it with stock pulleys. If I see 11-12 psi I'll be happy. I'm hoping to peg around 470 rwhp on a Mustang Dyno with it next season... :D
I would have got a turbo myself:D Oh, wait I did:cool:

Good luck on the blower setup.

Stang_Crazy 10-07-2003 05:06 PM

Re: Re: Re: Last track day results...I'm stoked!

Quote:

If I see 11-12 psi I'll be happy.
12 psi for the 2K is CAKE. I can't wait until you really push it...I mean REALLY push it. 20+ psi :D :cool:

***SHAMELESS PLUG WARNING***- If you haven't already checked it out, go to www.novipower.com and poke around. There is a wealth of information within the site!

jonnyk 10-07-2003 05:14 PM

Thought about turbo but didn't do it for 2 reasons. 1) Way too expensive for me as a college student to drop that kind of dough at once. I got a good deal on the Novi through a group buy. 2) How much is too much? I'll surely make enough power to jeopardize the stock block with the Novi and can grow way beyond that yet. Why do I need a turbo? :) You can use the power under the curve argument but I don't buy it...I can't hook the power up anyways down low...
BTW I am a member of Novi Power also, just haven't got around those parts very much yet.

sedanman 10-07-2003 07:11 PM

Say goodbye to Mr. T5 and the stock short blocks don't like blowers either but hell its all in fun hu?

Stang_Crazy 10-07-2003 09:56 PM

LOL Sedanman. His poor T5 will be begging for mercy!