MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-22-2001, 04:32 PM   #1
fastang
Registered Member

Cool My best kill yet.

The street races were going on about 2 miles from my house today and I left early before the racing started because I didnt want to get busted. If I get any more tickets Im gonna be in Jail for a long time. Anyway on the way home Im feeling horrible because I really wanted to race but good because Im finaly being responsible when a fox body flys by me. I downshift to 4th instead of 3rd to catch up and he hits his hazards like he won. No no no, I follow him for 3 miles and finaly get him to stop. I asked him what he had done and he said "bumper to bumper, everything from pistons and heads to 410's in the rear. I told him what I had and said that he was probably going to kill me but lets go anyway. We went from a stopsign and I let him do the 3 count and start. I didnt start untill I saw him move and somehow I managed to pull a half car through first. So I hit second and spin a little and his bumper is still right behind my door. I hit 3rd and hear him hit 4th and still we shut down with me in the lead. Wow, I realy thought he was going to kill me. I asked him if he wanted to go rolling in second because I obviously won because of the launch. So we did and I let him get the jump first. I pulled in his half car jump but that was it..we tied from a roll when he got the jump. But I won from a dead stop where it counts. If he had pistons and heads he should have KILLED me. He definitely had 410's though because he was shifting waay earlier than me, and I think he had bottom end work too like he said because he was extending his motor to what sounded like 7-8 grand. He wasnt mad, in fact he was realy cool about it.

------------------
95GT B303 cam, 1.7 rockers, 65mm TB, 73mm MAF, milled heads, 355's K&N, off road pipes, pulleys, msd coil, 9mm wires, Tremec 3550, Pro5.0 shifter,10.5 Motorsport clutch, weld in subframe connectors
fastang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2001, 07:13 PM   #2
MrWesson22
Registered Member

Cool, good kill!

------------------
Neal

69 stang
351C/4sp
MrWesson22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2001, 07:43 PM   #3
fastang
Registered Member

oops I said in my post that the street races were going on today, I meant last night. oops. I was leaving and going home when this guy hit me up.
Old 01-25-2001, 10:19 AM   #4
95mustanggt
Registered Member

fastang,
You are still running stock heads and intake, right? When are you going to make the switch?

------------------
White 1995 Mustang GT
Dynomax Cat-Back, Offroad H-pipe, K&N Filters w/o Air Silencer
My 1995 Mustang GT
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2001, 01:04 PM   #5
fastang
Registered Member

I just spent a grand on an exh system and the longtubes fit stock heads. Unless there is a brand that will fit these headers and let me use my pedestal mount rockers instead of stud mount like most aftermarket heads I am keeping the stockers, maybe I will get them ported later. I intend to get a GT40 intake and a dyno tune with a custom chip burnt and then quit. Maybe I will finaly get a decent set of rims then. Or I will save for a new stroker shortblock.

------------------
95GT B303 cam, 1.7 rockers, 65mm TB, 73mm MAF, milled heads, 355's K&N, off road pipes, pulleys, msd coil, 9mm wires, Tremec 3550, Pro5.0 shifter,10.5 Motorsport clutch, weld in subframe connectors