MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-22-2002, 01:27 PM   #1
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Default Laughed at an import, then felt bad about it

I was going to the Giants game the other day with my brother. We were in the GT. The way to the game was full of traffic, but there was a guy in a Volkswagon Golf GTI who was near me in traffic. Everytime the traffic cleared a little, he would do a little burn out and peel out for the 40-50ft until he hit more traffic. He kept looking over at us, so I gave him the sarcastic "thumbs up" and smiled at him, shaking my head and laughing. I figured he was trying to instigate some sort of race, but with so much traffic, we would never see a chance to get on it. I thought he was basically a stupid idiot.
Finally he got stuck right next to me and he rolled his window down. My brother said, "is it turboed?" He said, "No, i wish, just intake, exhaust, and a chip. You're car is so cool man! I know it would smoke me. Wish I had a mustang." I immediately gained respect for this guy, because I realized he was just showing off cause he thought my GT was cool. I told him I thought his car was pretty nice, and I was glad he didnt rice it out. He said he just loves anything that's quick, and that he works on his own cars. He was a real cool import owner I guess. I shouldnt be so quick to judge next time.

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Cofounder of Raccoon Racing
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2002, 01:42 PM   #2
429mustang
Registered Member

I usually talk S about tighted out cars, but not to the drivers, just to whoever's in my car. My friend on the other hand calls them pus*ies and tells them their car sucks, regardless of the person. Some of the kids with imports usually end up being pretty cool, plus they'll admit their cars slower when it comes time to race. I just hate the kids who have their own local website and talk s**t about being able to trash out 5.0's,camaros,ets, but then when you see them cruising, they won't even race.
Old 05-22-2002, 01:46 PM   #3
Coupe5oh
Registered Member

Yea i felt bad for a prelude owner, just a young guy, about 16-17, kept burning out every light we stopped at, just a little punch in 2nd to go sideways really excited him, the next light he was like "nice car man" "what is it like a 350 under the hood" i laughed and said 302" then he actually tried to take me from the light, i'll let the imagination finish the story.....leaves in tire smoke
Police package 5spd 90 Lx, Stock original motor, 3.27grs, BM fan, fms 10.5 clutch, D&D quadrant, and adjuster, ADS chip, 180 stat, mac cai, mac h-pipe, mac subframe connectors, ASP crank pulley, ripper shifter, 26x10.5 M/T sport pros welds. 246 hp according to analyzer
Race weight: 3,120

E.t-13.57 with 26x10.50's e.t. streets. 1.88 60'

mph- 99.92 mph
Coupe5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2002, 02:26 PM   #4
ricekilla
Registered Member

i hate the upside down visor wearin, little gangster pussies that maddog you from there ricers. those are the guys we fock with. usually volkswagen guys are pretty cool. there are a few bugs at carlsbad that run 11's and 12's. i used to have a bug that ran 13's. it seems like the guys that have fast ricers are cool and know there shi t. its the queers that are all into the "scene" that are the ones we dropkick.
89 GT, 3.55's, longtubes, pro chamber, flowpath dumps, mac uppers and lowers+ pinion snubber, underdrive pullies, 70mm t-body, 190 lph penis pump, mildly home ported E7'S by the kid hisself, nitto drag radials..... 13.4 @ 106......... on nitto drag raidials. spinning like gangbusters......

chevy silverado w/ a full works suzuki RM 250 and a full works honda fourtrax 250R (girlfriends bike) in the back, moto x'in it up bro!
ricekilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2002, 06:13 PM   #5
The Deuce
Registered Member

Default VW and rice

It is unfortunate that some VW guys have fallen into the rice crowd. Growing up guys at my school that ran bugs were as big of gearheads as they come. Some pretty sweet rides too. Everybody knows they are European, but most forget the Dr. Ferdinand started VW and then raided the parts bin to build the first Porsche. I still consider them poor man's Porsches, especially the old flat fours. But that's just me. Most new VW's around here seem to think they come over the Pacific instead of the Atlantic, if you know what I mean.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2002, 07:15 PM   #6
2001 WS6 TA
Registered Member

Some of the VW guys I wouldn't even consider ricers or I would consider them high class ricers The ones that I really hate, are the ones with a civic or an old integra, which 3 years ago was their parents. Now that they own it, they got the fart can exhaust on it and think the they are the $hit and can beat anybody in a race. When it really comes down to it, and I wanna race them for some reason they always come up with some excuse. I can't race now, I got a slow leak in my tire, or I'm overdue on my oil change. Or the best one I hear the other day was, this guy with his integra told me he doesn't wanna bother racing me unless I show up here with $2000 cash

Last edited by 2001 WS6 TA; 05-23-2002 at 12:29 PM..
2001 WS6 TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 08:49 AM   #7
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 2001 WS6 TA
Or the best one I hear the other day was, this guy with his integra told me he doesn't wanna bother racing me unless I show up here with $2000 cash
LOL, I assume, by you name you drive a 2001 WS6, not exactly a slow car, what a dumb a** this guy must have been. I would get the $2000 somehow and then see what he does. LOL

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 10:01 AM   #8
Rice Hunter
Registered Member

Yeah, I used to harbor such animosity towards all cars with fart cans, but you know what? They are just looking for attention, trying to get the street respect that we muscle cars have earned over the years. I can't say that I would EVER rice out a car, but I can say that I understand where they are coming from. And, I felt really bad yesterday because this old Talon pulls up to a stop sign near my house. I smile at him cause I'm about to laugh. He then smiles back, nods, waves, and slowly pulls out of the development. I know him, and he's a nice guy, and he thought I was approving of his car. I hope he didn't see me laugh, I felt really bad that I would laugh at something someone has so much pride in .

453.9rwhp
387trq
Lots of fun
Convertible

Penn State University
Temple University School of Medicine (start August 27th )
Rice Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 02:35 PM   #9
ricekilla
Registered Member

you should have took him up on that $2000 race. either that integ was one sic rice bowl or the guy was dumb as a brick.
89 GT, 3.55's, longtubes, pro chamber, flowpath dumps, mac uppers and lowers+ pinion snubber, underdrive pullies, 70mm t-body, 190 lph penis pump, mildly home ported E7'S by the kid hisself, nitto drag radials..... 13.4 @ 106......... on nitto drag raidials. spinning like gangbusters......

chevy silverado w/ a full works suzuki RM 250 and a full works honda fourtrax 250R (girlfriends bike) in the back, moto x'in it up bro!
ricekilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 06:06 PM   #10
2001 WS6 TA
Registered Member

I guess his car is fast for the people he hangs out with. From what I heard, he's got like 250HP and does 14s. I think he is like the king ricer, all the ricers look up to him and he is used racing cars that do 15s, 16s and 17s. He told me he raced a trans am, it sounded like he raced an LT1 and he said he dogged it and then he started going on how he never loses a race. He also mentioned he dogged a Z06 vette in traffic. So I told him, alright dude since your car is so fast lets go now, there is like 25 people here and they'll be the judge. I think he got a little intimidated by all the people so he told me he wanted to race for money. I was so ready to go get the money and whoop this dude's *** with my bone stock car, but unfortunately it was night time, banks were closed and my MAC machine would only allow me to get $400 in 24 period.
2001 WS6 TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 09:53 PM   #11
Torinalth
Registered Member

wow, there really is a lot of animosity (sp) twards the import crowd. heh, as a few of you know I have an Acura RSX-S and am selling it to get my GT.

Every person has their choice as of what car they want, and what style they wish to place the car in, be it a riced out neon lit, horribly lowered, fart canned, body kit ridden (talking bout the tastless ones), weed wackers; or the sleepers that give ya the scare when the little 4 banger is not in the rear view, but is starting to pull ahead of you. I would have fallen into the latter catagory had I not decided to go to the mustang. a solid suspension and about 2 inches lowering with sticky tires can be a solid start to an import. follow up with FI, you will never get a great runner on N/A, get a T16 or so with low compression pistons, then upgrade to make it work (injectors, pump, etc) and you can make a solid 400HP to the wheels. being light they can fly....... but they dont start with the power plant that american cars do. I have run a 13.8 in my RSX-S, and am proud, but I know that I can not take a new GT.

as far as the teg pushing 250HP and around all his friends.... he might be doing 250 at the crank, but not to the wheels. if he had that going to the wheels he would have raced you right there (if he knew you were stock). I will say this about the import community, they do lie a lot and try hard as hell to run with the american pride. some can, most try and fail HARD. if you get ripped by an import then it was more than likely a hardcore tuner. you have to do a lot to make them fast: their one advantage is overall weight, that is it.

anyhow, I'm done. most importers are good people, you can usually tell by looking at them if they are going to be punks or not.

Torinalth
Old 05-23-2002, 10:57 PM   #12
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Torinalth
I have run a 13.8 in my RSX-S, and am proud, but I know that I can not take a new GT.

Torinalth
You mean 14.8 right?

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Cofounder of Raccoon Racing
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 11:45 PM   #13
Torinalth
Registered Member

ack, my bad yes 14.8. guess I was typing too fast..... sheesh, thanks for the correction.

Torinalth
Old 05-24-2002, 12:09 AM   #14
Coupe5oh
Registered Member

I seen a wrx at the track running 12.80's @ 102, yesterday, it looked stock, but he had a aftermarket turbo, boost controller and such, he was cool and walked up to me and told me he had a 5.0 stang also that he works on.

out of the 50+ imports there, 2 of them were fast, but they werent ricers i guess, a dude in a bpu supra went 11.0@ 13? on bfg drag's.
Police package 5spd 90 Lx, Stock original motor, 3.27grs, BM fan, fms 10.5 clutch, D&D quadrant, and adjuster, ADS chip, 180 stat, mac cai, mac h-pipe, mac subframe connectors, ASP crank pulley, ripper shifter, 26x10.5 M/T sport pros welds. 246 hp according to analyzer
Race weight: 3,120

E.t-13.57 with 26x10.50's e.t. streets. 1.88 60'

mph- 99.92 mph
Coupe5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2002, 06:39 PM   #15
92redstang
Registered Member

btw (I dont know if someone said this already because I didnt read all the posts) if your stang was stock, that GTI wouldve raped you off the line. I have a 92 mustang and everything, im not against them or for vw's but the gti is a damn nice car.

Edit: ugh sorry didnt realize you had a 2000, heh.
92redstang is offline   Reply With Quote