MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Stang Stories (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Lightning... 1 - LS1 Camaro... 0 (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=26645)

StangFlyer 07-24-2002 11:40 PM

Lightning... 1 - LS1 Camaro... 0

Well, I just happened to run into this white new model LS1 Camaro the other day while driving my Lightning. It was some guy who I ended up right next to as we came to a set of railroad tracks. We both slowed down to nothing to baby over the bumpy tracks side by side.

Just as we rolled onto the other side of them we both must have been thinking the same thing, because we nailed it exactly at the same time. The funny thing was that I even had a load of cabinet doors from a kitchen in the bed of my truck!! ahahaha... I ran the Lightning all the way up through 3rd gear before we let off. I ate him by a full truck length... :D

Barked them pretty good hitting second too... He pulled right up next to me again as we hit a red light down the road. I was going to tell him it was a good race and all, but he wouldn't even look my way. He just puttered away in shame I guess...

Dark_5.0 07-24-2002 11:55 PM

Sweet kill......Lightnings are sweet. LS1's are fun to race cause you know right off the bat if you mess up you lose.

Nice,
Later,

Rev 07-24-2002 11:56 PM

Cabinet doors?

So every time you look at those cabinet doors, we know what you'll be thinking of. Hee, hee. Good job Dan.

Rev

Skyman 07-25-2002 02:29 AM

Nice, man those lightnings run hard. I got beat by one before on street tires pretty damn good.

Skyler

302 LX Eric 07-25-2002 07:57 AM

"...load of cabinet doors...in the bed of my truck"

Classic!!! I love it.

You didn't spill your Big Gulp, did you? hehehe

Nice job, Dan. ;)

E

89 Cobra LX 07-25-2002 08:27 AM

Nice kill, Dan. We need to hear some more of the action you get into with the Lightning. I don't think we have any active posters that run a Lightning.

Kevin Price 07-25-2002 09:04 AM

Nice one Dan! I rode in Dan's Lightning and it does haul some serious cabinets, err I mean, *****!

foxbodied 07-25-2002 09:10 PM

Nice kill Especially in the lightning. Also love your mustang that pic is top of the line.

StangFlyer 07-26-2002 05:50 PM

Yeah, it was a fun little race. Amazingly enough though, I don't have too many with it. Mostly I ignore possible races these days, but this one was just at the right place, at the right time, and too good to pass up.

The only other races I've had with the Lightning were against Mustangs. I've raced three Mustangs (5.0 GT, 5.0 LX Vert, and a 99+ GT) and beat them all. I'm sure they were all stock (or atleast very stock-ish) ones. But still, it just kills them when you beat them in a big, heavy truck though... :p

POISNUS 07-27-2002 12:08 AM

A friend of mine has an L that has an upper pulley, metco suspension, a 125 dry shot, a chip and et streets. This truck is a full weight vehicle (he also weighs 300 lbs). He ran an 11.84@114 at the beginning of the year. I was really impressed. It dynoed on the spray at (can't remember exact #s) 470 hp at the wheels and like 591 lb/ft of torque.

Ty'97Cobra 07-28-2002 07:03 PM

good job. wonder if the ls1 guy posted the race on LS1.com... hehehe.. :D

StangFlyer 07-28-2002 10:06 PM

Somehow I doubt it.... ;)